Problem with Parenting?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I parented an object to Aiko 3's hand but it doesn't stay with the hand. It just flys around far from the hand as the hand moves. Could it be that I need to center the pivot point on the object, (if that's even possible in DS 4)?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You shouldn't need to -- are you sure it is indeed parented to the hand and not to another body part? Is this using 4.0.3.47 or the 4.5RC?

• edited December 1969

In the zero pose, is the prop correctly positioned with the hand? And, as Mike says, you sure it's under the hand, and not, say, the forearm or a finger? (I've so done that. Sometimes you drag and drop and just ... miss.)

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the replys! I'm using 4.0.3.47 and the object is definately parented to the hand. However, it may not be in the correct position in the zero pose, because I didn't know it had to be. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to get Aiko and the object both in the zero pose without messing up the animation.

• edited December 1969

Sometimes with a smart prop, and all the time if you're using a regular prop, the item doesn't load quite where you want it. The zero pose is the easiest way to put it in something at least related to the right place, before you start posing. If the poses you're using are for a different figure or a different prop, there's a good chance you'll need to screw with the placement or the fingers a little after you pose, too, so just check your keyframes and make sure stuff is where you need it to be.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I don't know if 4.5 RC has the same parenting bug as 4.0.3.47 as I haven't downloaded 4.5 RC and tried it myself. Yes that is correct a parenting bug, it has been reported and added to be others.

• edited December 1969

I downloaded 4.5 and it's working - thanks!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thanks for letting us know santamonica and I am glad it has been fixed.