The robot girl in this weekend's promo

Comments

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Lol, I'm not sure if Andy would be an adequate substitute at all. I just always thought of him as a robot waiting to be built. Add a few bits, a plastic shader or 2, some chrome...yeah, Andy was meant to be a robot...

As you can see, my original comment was not entirely serious. :cheese:

• SpiritWolf448SpiritWolf448 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

As you can see, my original comment was not entirely serious. :cheese:

Alright. So I'll chalk this one up as a simple misunderstanding on my part (english isn't my native tongue, so it happens at times I get something wrong). :red:

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Thank you for your effort, Kerya. I appreciate it. I'll let you in on a little secret for this. :-)
    *whispers*
    With the exception of Cyber Suit Mark II, Krill Minima and Andromeda, I already have all of those. ;-)

Still looking for the perfect one, though. What I'd be looking for would be something along the lines of AikoBot2, just with a more streamlined look. And judging by the previews, GenesisBot seems to deliver just that. Visible Ball Joints, smooth surfaces, overall streamlined appearance... She sure seems to be a great piece of hardware. (So props to Parris here, he[she?] really nailed the look this time.)

But that doesn't take away from my thanks for your suggestions, Kerya. So, once again, thank you.

edited December 1969

I'm sure they didn't imagine this! Hehe...

V5 Lovebot (Looks better without the bikini but rules are rules)

lovebot.jpg
    889 x 945 - 256K
    edited December 1969

I'm sure they didn't imagine this! Hehe...

Do you need to rub it in? :-S

Just kidding. But mind if I ask you if you could do a wireframe shot of just the bot parts? I'd love to look at the geometry.

edited December 1969

No wireframe rendering in Studio without jumping through some hoops. But I took some screenshots that may help. Genesis and the parts become intertwined as you can see.

botgen5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 446K
    botgen4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 553K
    botgen3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 761K
    botgen2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 854K
    botgen1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 737K
    edited December 1969

And one of the arm...

botgen6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 563K
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Mr. Dresden.
    Certainly looks good, though from the shots I fail to see why such shouldn't be doable in Poser... maybe not the way Studio does it, but it looks like morphs + transmaps + rigged subdermal skeleton for the ball joints should be able to create a result that (at least visually) is similar. Can't say for geometry switching, but that could be another way of doing it. mh.....

Ah, anyways, much oblieged, Mr. Dresden. Thank you again. I appreciate it.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

the set has lots of possibilities

lefty.jpg
    579 x 750 - 139K
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Oh wow! This looks great. :D

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Well there goes my "wait till its 50% off" New Years Resolution

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

This is a fun robot/cyborg!

Here's a basic Fembot image - I was reminded of Charles Stross' novel "Saturn's Children", so it had to be done.

:coolsmile:

GenBot.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 177K
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Wow. Almost makes me wish I did more Sci-Fi. :)

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Here is Kuril bot.

The_Kuril_bot.png
    911 x 892 - 419K
    edited December 1969

Lol. You should try out Gorilla Bot. Funny stuff. :cheese:

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Doing my first render with it, looks amazing!

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

sedor said:

I knew I would find you around here. :)
    Can't wait to see it!

edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    sedor said:

I knew I would find you around here. :)
    Can't wait to see it!

Hehe... Why oh why? (uh, hope it's the correct phrase) :P

It was an instant buy... was at work when I saw that there is this Bot in the store... and just bought it directly, back at home downed it and ... well, as I said: my first render is running - finished at 81% - I'll post it tomorrow (it's an entry for a contest *hint*), now it's time for bed.

• HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited January 2013

I'm curious, is there any way this could be applied to DAZ Horse 2 to make a "Bot Horse" for Bot Genesis to ride?

Post edited by HALO creative on
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

I thought she looked like the half-converted cyberman girl on Torchwood. Scary!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

You all will do better at this kind of thing that I can, but I'm having loads of fun with Bot Genesis.

Only problem is stuff from Nursoda barges in on almost all my renders. I just don't know what to do about those brazen things.

BotGenFatDwarfSpaceship.jpg
    618 x 800 - 63K
    BotGenesis-torf.jpg
    618 x 800 - 91K
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Great render Spit. By the way, what is that set from the first render?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

...love what I'm seeing and want so bad but will have to wait until March Madness since this requires 4.5.1.56. I'm still unfortunately troubleshooting configuration issues on the new workstation so it will be a few more weeks before I can render my first scene as I am also building a custom runtime/library setup from the ground up.

Until them I'm still on the 32 bit system

There is no way I will even think of installing the latest update on the old system since 4.5.1.6 already taxes it's resources more than the previous stable release (I am unable to render even a simple portrait using a UE light set like Lantios or Cloud9 anymore without exceeding the system's memory limit).

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Great render Spit. By the way, what is that set from the first render?

Thanks! That's A-Deck by Kiberreto:

http://www.daz3d.com/a-deck

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253
    edited December 1969

KJA79A said:
    I'm curious, is there any way this could be applied to DAZ Horse 2 to make a "Bot Horse" for Bot Genesis to ride?

Doubt it, but Hailey's Comet is still in the Deep Freeze over on RDNA...

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

You could try applying the shaders to the horse to get the chrome look, but you can't get any of the joints and other stylings. But chances are, you already have some metal shaders from some package or other that you could do this with already...

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...love what I'm seeing and want so bad but will have to wait until March Madness since this requires 4.5.1.56. I'm still unfortunately troubleshooting configuration issues on the new workstation so it will be a few more weeks before I can render my first scene as I am also building a custom runtime/library setup from the ground up.

Until them I'm still on the 32 bit system

There is no way I will even think of installing the latest update on the old system since 4.5.1.6 already taxes it's resources more than the previous stable release (I am unable to render even a simple portrait using a UE light set like Lantios or Cloud9 anymore without exceeding the system's memory limit).

It works perfectly fine in 4.1.5.6

I downloaded and tested it on my laptop yesterday which is still using 4.1.5.6 and I didn't see any problems nor any difference when using it on my desktop which runs 4.1.5.56.

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Beautiful (and shiny) renders.

What i also really like about this bot version is how seamless it can use V4 materials. Gives it really a lot of possibilities for sf renders.

(render: skin is from Reby sky and Ambient glow from Hitomi Robogeisha)

Stand2.jpg
    780 x 1080 - 143K
    edited December 1969

Title: New models

2013-01-22_Mech_Bot_web.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 539K