RRRR - It could be true - 5th anniversary contest

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

...crikey I've accumulated a lot more stuff than the last time I entered this. 

A little old generation character love here.

Pull #1

DMR Alahna
    The Cargo Hold
    The Mad Chemistry Lab - Chemistry Set
    Pazu for Aiko 3

• RadioactiveLilyRadioactiveLily Posts: 351
    edited March 2017
    Morana said:

I've never participated in this contest before (because I'm a chicken lol), but I'm going to give it a try because it always looks like so much fun.  Now to figure out how to tie these to the theme.

1. Hair Care Products
    2. FWSA Agnes HD for Lilith 7
    3. RDNA Winter Foliage - Berry Trees 1
    4. Maximum Destruction

Tag: Morana #1

Zombie Makeover Squad

The Zombie Makeover Squad (seeking new members) is always on patrol to find their next makeover ambush target.  Just because you're undead doesn't mean you can't look your best!

RRRR5 Agnes.jpg
    1840 x 1480 - 1M
    Post edited by RadioactiveLily on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,213
    Morana said:
    Morana said:

I've never participated in this contest before (because I'm a chicken lol), but I'm going to give it a try because it always looks like so much fun.  Now to figure out how to tie these to the theme.

1. Hair Care Products
    4. Maximum Destruction

Zombie Makeover Squad

The Zombie Makeover Squad (seeking new members) is always on patrol to find their next makeover ambush target.  Just because you're undead doesn't mean you can't look your best!

Great! I love the theme of the zombie ambush makeover. Are you adicted to RRRR yet? It usually doesn't take long. Where else can you have so much fun and create things you never ever would have dreamed of?

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited March 2017

sorry, router crashed again and double posted

Post edited by Gopherus on

Ha!  The next reality TV show... men who don t mind having  their brains eaten  if the  zombie looks good enough... Well done!

edited March 2017
    barbult said:
    Morana said:
    Morana said:

1. Hair Care Products
    4. Maximum Destruction

Zombie Makeover Squad

Great! I love the theme of the zombie ambush makeover. Are you adicted to RRRR yet? It usually doesn't take long. Where else can you have so much fun and create things you never ever would have dreamed of?

I was having so much difficulty with creativity and my muse giving me the middle finger lately.  But when I pulled my draw, the image just lept to life in my mind.  I think I'm on the slippery slope to addiction. hehe

...this challenge has a habit of doing that.

• Oh gosh, I'm addicted!  I couldn't resist the urge to do another pull!

Pull #2

1. Sci-fi Tank
    2. Elegant Fantasy Poses for Victoria 7
    3. Evening Gown2 V4
    4. Ranch Pavilion

Not sure I've actually used any of these in a render yet, so double yay!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,530
    Morana said:

Oh gosh, I'm addicted!  I couldn't resist the urge to do another pull!

The withdrawer syndrome that sets in during voting can be very painful, just ask Luci and barbult ;-)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,668
    Totte said:
    Morana said:

The withdrawer syndrome that sets in during voting can be very painful, just ask Luci and barbult ;-)

Yes, Totte is right. It is terrible - I am addicted to randomness and RRRR and can't seem to do much between contests. cheeky Nothing else is this much fun. 

Pull #9 (Yikes, my last one already. Oh no!):
    Victoria 7
    Blue Steel Poses for Michael 7
    RESURRECTION: Domina
    Skin Overlay for V5 and M5 Skin Sets
    Medieval Cloaks for Genesis 3 Female(s) (LB)
    Tera Poses For Hiro 5 (LB)

edited March 2017

Tag: Totte #3 

Totte said:

#2653 HC1 - Horror Classics - The Zombie Morgue (Rendo)
    #4697 Sci-fi Boots for V4, V3, and A3 (#5212)
    #2522 Gothic Decor (#24183)
    #6545 Wet Hair for M4 (#8549)
    LB1: #6297 ValenTina Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) (#18025)
    LB2: #2683 Helicon Station (#8943)
    LB3: #964 City Ruins Building 03 (#14707)
    LB4: #5388 Space Relic (#5745)
    LB5: #4449 Priestess for Genesis Female (#16046)
    LB6: #4528 Quel Bazar (#9793)
    LB7: #6317 Vanguard Posepack 2 - Cockpit and Detach V4 (#11660)

Also used:
    DA Black Dragon
    Bazaar
    Desert City Houses
    Ubiquitous Rooftops (Billboard sign)
    Skycar
    V4 + V4 Aged + V4 Brazen  
    Genesis + P3D Tom + Vintage Wetsuit For Genesis
    IG Iray Stephanie 6 + Barness Jewels
    Skies of Iradiance

Shaders:
    PBS Shaders Vol 2
    PBS Shaders Vol 3
    Ron’s Fire
    JM Human Shaders
    EchoV0 Daily Cloth Shaders
    Subsurface Workshop
    Iray Converter For Genesis
    JG Metals and Gemstones

The Horror Park - Part II

After the ride ends, you should pick your personal guide and what special interest tour you want to take. Should you pick Lola the human cannonball, Tom the navy seal or Tina the horror queen, such a hard choice.

TourGuides.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1M
    Post edited by Totte on

Wow, Totte, you have gotten very creative with all those LBs! That Horror Park is pretty horrible. What an ambiance! I love thetwo billboards for those weird places and the guides are so strangely fitting. 

@Totte #3  Ha!  That is a hard choice!  It s just like Ghost Walk on Halloween.  You can choose to take  the tour of the morgue,  or the ballet,  or if you re really brave the tour of the library.  Good one!

edited March 2017

Gopherus #8

Lisa s Botanicals Pond Life Plants 
    V4 Cuore Di Moda 
    Ron s Splashes 
    Alien Collector 

Each Person Has His Own Idea of How Golf Should Be Played

Grandpa Spencer couldn t wait to show his grandson how to play golf.  But the kid had his own ideas!

golf2.jpg
    1111 x 1481 - 1M

..Yikes that looks like an Alaska Skeeter. One bite form that and the kid would be down a pint or two.

I ve heard of them.  They say that the porters on the train from Seward to Fairbanks carry brooms just to beat them off.

Pull #4

#1766 Dystopia Priestess for Genesis 3 Female(s) (#22479)
    #1685 Dream Home: Great Room Details -- Eclectic (#5171)
    #1955 Evil Tales Poses (#13744)
    #1788 East Park Ward (#12628)
    LB 1:#6590 Wild Orchid Hair (#12585)
    LB 2:#4605 Real Deal for Real Feel Zipped Cardigan (#15620)
    LB 3:#5504 SteamPunk Series Vol.1 AeroplaneCom-V4,A4,G4 (Rendo)
    LB 4:#3599 Medieval_Koggen (Rendo)
    LB 5:#1193 Crazy Locks Hair for Genesis Male (#17052)
    LB 6:#6747 Yuletide Treasure Tree 2011 (#13589)
    LB 7:#4031 Northern Head for Parkside Head (#14857)

Random numbers generated Mar 26 2017 at 18:0:18 by www.psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

What is a RRRR pull without the dream house… It has become my new camel

Totte said:

Hard to avoid when you have to draw 11 items.

I lobby for a rules change. Getting 7 LBs at one time is too much!

edited March 2017
    Morana said:

Pull #2

1. Sci-fi Tank
    3. Evening Gown2 V4
    4. Ranch Pavilion

Tag: Morana #2

Bibbidi Bobbidi Doh!

Pumpkin-into-carriage transfiguration is one of the hardest tests during the Fairy Godmother school final exams.  Practice makes... oops, not so perfect.

RRRR5 Tank 2.jpg
    1840 x 1052 - 2M
    barbult said:
    Totte said:

What about a fast meltdown of LBs recently added ? 
    @Luci45 I know you would have liked it last year, but you didnt get all at the same time. We did increase meltdown to 2 for > 3 LBs I think, so that would probably cover it.
    So, my reply to barbult is: What about LB drop is half of LBs added last round,  rounded up. Amiminum 2 if over 3 LB, and always a minimun of 1.
    Luci gained 4 at one time I think, corrent me if you gained more, next round she lost two of them. That would mean I would lose 4 after this round, plus any gained ones. I do think we need to add LBs at full force when winning, but the meltdown need to be faster if you gain all in the same round. gaining 2-3 every round is normal, if you are Luci of course.

So, comments please, I donät want to give me any privilegies and I didn't bring this to the table, so I try to solve it in a working way, next time someone else might gain a load of LBs

Totte said:
    barbult said:
    Totte said:

What about a fast meltdown of LBs recently added ? 
    @Luci45 I know you would have liked it last year, but you didnt get all at the same time. We did increase meltdown to 2 for > 3 LBs I think, so that would probably cover it.
    So, my reply to barbult is: What about LB drop is half of LBs added last round,  rounded up. Amiminum 2 if over 3 LB, and always a minimun of 1.
    Luci gained 4 at one time I think, corrent me if you gained more, next round she lost two of them. That would mean I would lose 4 after this round, plus any gained ones. I do think we need to add LBs at full force when winning, but the meltdown need to be faster if you gain all in the same round. gaining 2-3 every round is normal, if you are Luci of course.

So, comments please, I donät want to give me any privilegies and I didn't bring this to the table, so I try to solve it in a working way, next time someone else might gain a load of LBs

You had too many funny ones in the last round. cheeky I think you are right that the system needs to be modified. Either lose more like you said, and/or have a cap on the maximum number you can gain in a round. I think even a maximum of maybe eight for any one round -  it is almost impossible to play and have any fun with 12 or more pulls. 

Maybe there is some other form of handicapping/punishment that a creative mind can dream up. laugh

• Well, my fun-with0-numbers persona wants to say LBs could add items with a cost based on the number of items already added - so 1 LB adds 1 extra item, 3 adds 2 extra items (1 for the first, two for the second), 6 adds 3 items (1 for the first, two for the second, three for the third). Could always round fractions up - so two and three LBs would be two items, 4, 5, and 6 LBs would eb three and so on.

edited March 2017

Well, my fun-with0-numbers persona wants to say LBs could add items with a cost based on the number of items already added - so 1 LB adds 1 extra item, 3 adds 2 extra items (1 for the first, two for the second), 6 adds 3 items (1 for the first, two for the second, three for the third). Could always round fractions up - so two and three LBs would be two items, 4, 5, and 6 LBs would eb three and so on.

You've been playing too much RPGs Richard, but I like your idea, but as Luci played with 7 we need to make rules that is consistant with how it was, or what do Luci say? 

or a simple LB pull table like this

Number of extra items based on LBs
    LBs Items
    1 1
    2 2
    3 2
    4 3
    5 3
    6 4
    7 4
    8+ 5

Which means you will never have to pull more that 5 extra items, ever. What do you all say?

Post edited by Totte on
    edited March 2017

sounds do able.  a log scale when adding and/or a geometric scale when removing?  (50% removed  each contest)

@Morana #2  LOL!  to be a true master fairy godmother one should expect NO tanks.  Well  done!!

Pull #9

Morphing Face Mask Texture Pack 1  
    RM Oksana V4  
    Mysteria Garden RDNA
    It s a Wrap  

Good, I have several voters then. I prefer a shorter half-life of the LBs, makes it easier to calculate instead of everyone has to remember how many items to pull, and a maximum of 7 extra items, no matter how many LBs you have, to make it playable.

I am for whatever is easiest to calculate and doesn't make us suffer too much. Working with 10 or 15 LBs could drive anyone bonkers, or I should say even more bonkers. cheeky

edited March 2017

tag: luci45 #9
    The Matriarchs
    "Yes, my dear Dominia, I know Vicki does not understand now, but she will be grateful when she is my age to able to run the Kingdom without distraction from males. She ought to be grateful now that you have found a use for these big, stupid, pretty boy trouble-makers so I didn't have to imprison them or worse."

Victoria 7
    Blue Steel Poses for Michael 7
    RESURRECTION: Domina
    Skin Overlay for V5 and M5 Skin Sets
    Medieval Cloaks for Genesis 3 Female(s) (LB)
    Tera Poses For Hiro 5 (LB)

Also used:
    Singhi
    Red Queen
    Aging Morphs
    Augusta Hair
    medieval Accessories
    Garden party Hair
    Water Spirit Warrior
    Genesis Creature Creator
    Hector
    Basic Hair
    Moon Gate
    Jepes PlateZ 1
    Nature Shaders
    Various Morphs
    HDRI 001 Forest from www.nordicfx.net

matrirchs.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 742K
    Post edited by luci45 on

I'm just happy to see any modification that keeps things from getting too out of hand. As long as there is a chart that tells ME how many items I have to draw, I don't care how complicated YOUR calculations are, Totte. When you had to draw 7 extra items this early in the RRRR season, I could imagine you soon ending up with dozens of LBs. For me, that would take the fun out of it. I'm no Lui45, who thrives on that stuff. I am a mere mortal who is intimidated by too many LBs.

Morana said:
    Morana said:

Pull #2

1. Sci-fi Tank
    3. Evening Gown2 V4
    4. Ranch Pavilion

Tag: Morana #2

Bibbidi Bobbidi Doh!

Pumpkin-into-carriage transfiguration is one of the hardest tests during the Fairy Godmother school final exams.  Practice makes... oops, not so perfect.

...at least the new princess would be safe and secure, but going to need something bigger than few mice turned into horses to pull it.

Nice work.

@Luci45 #9  Congrats!  You completed the 9!  And a great ending render!!  Why do I think of the final scene of casablanca?  "Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Vicki, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that."