Genesis WIsh List

Comments

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Something I would find really useful would be a webbed hands morph. Not like these (http://www.daz3d.com/creatures/monsters-humanoid/from-the-deep-aquatic-genesis), but just a morph to add webbing between the fingers of a normal human hand. There's nothing wrong with the product I linked to, but the hands aren't really what I need.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited January 2013

There haven''t been wet skin textures or wet spec maps or shaders for the Gen 5 UV mappings have there? We need those. Preferably a couple of options. And more wet hairstyles also.

Post edited by Mr Gneiss Guy on
  • ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

I have been wanting to post in a thread like this. I have lots of ideas. The ones I am the most interested in would be:

1 - Improve autofit so that we don't get the texture stretching with short and medium length dresses.

2 - Winter coats, including rain coats and ski jackets with insulated gloves. An arctic explorers parka would be great, or a skiers set.

3 - A woman's business suit/dress.

4 - Men's athletic clothes, a pair of shorts, tee shirt or tank top, and running shoes. Perhaps a set for the teens that would be appropriate for a gym/p.e. class.

5 - School uniforms for the teens, perhaps a female set/skirt that matched Preppy for Genesis. Other teen clothes as well.

6 - Kids 5 or at least some kids clothes

7 - Shoes: running shoes, realistic hiking boots with laces, sandals, high heels.

8 - Western/cowboy clothes and accessories, especially cowboy hats and a prairie style dress for pioneer women.

9 - Samurai armor and historic Japanese clothing.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 1969

I want a Genesis refit of the K4 PC clothes. Particularly the historic stuff for the girls. Nearly all of them have long skirts and are unusable as is. While we're at it, throw in Esha's Vintage Girl. It's a DAZ Original, so it would be in their interests to port it over.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

...non symmetric facial morphs. The human face is not perfectly symmetric and to that end in Gen4 I would slightly change the the height of one eye, or one ear. Currently there are no such morphs for Genesis.

Also, the ability to scale the head/face along each axis independently.

As to clothing/accessories:

--I second (third?) the suggestion for more RL uniforms.
    --Overalls and work coveralls.
    --Traditional formal kimono.
    --More RL ethnic clothing.
    --Rollerskates (old style and inline).

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Right now I'm noticing a few things I'd really like to get my hands on, but largely they're Dynamic clothing items for the Young Teens. There's tons of stuff for Victoria, Michael and even a few new kids items, but they universally have the problem that they're totally unscalable. This means using dynamic clothes on characters with a smaller frame than others, like Julie or Justin, leaves them sliding off completely or looking baggy and ill-fitting. Though, as an odd side note, the Kids 4 dynamic dress can be effectively turned into a tankini when put on the Young Teens!

Other than that I also second the Japanese kimono. I would love to see one crafted with attention to detail. I'm kind of crazy over Japanese culture in general, but as I'm also working on a project involving the Japanese Edo era, I'm grabbing everything Japanese that isn't nailed down.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

I want a creature part kit ...i.e. mertail, shark tail, a long sweeping dino tail, horns, beast teeth, beast legs, that kind of thing.

I wish for a hammerhead shark or morph add-on for killer shark to add the hammer head option.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I told Joe the same thing, A Hammer Head Shark Would So Kick Butt

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...non symmetric facial morphs. The human face is not perfectly symmetric and to that end in Gen4 I would slightly change the the height of one eye, or one ear. Currently there are no such morphs for Genesis.

It would be nice to have asymmetrical morphs, but you can fake it with some judicious use of D-formers, or at least I got results I was happy with that way on a V4, haven't tried it on Genesis, but I'm sure it would work.

edited December 1969

...never could get Deformers to work properly. Seems they want to affect a much larger area than I am working on.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...never could get Deformers to work properly. Seems they want to affect a much larger area than I am working on.

When you select the D-former field, the vertices will turn color, red for the center mass and yellow outside of that. Just scale it down till the red vertices are lighting the area you want to deal with. If you move the D-former and the area it affects is to large, just select the D-former field again and scale down till the effect is how you want it.

• CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...non symmetric facial morphs. The human face is not perfectly symmetric and to that end in Gen4 I would slightly change the the height of one eye, or one ear.

Yes, a thousand times over.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited January 2013

Don't those exist already?

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

...with Gen4 they do, but I haven't found them in any of the Genesis facial/head morphs.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited January 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

Overalls:

http://www.daz3d.com/on-the-farm-for-genesis

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited January 2013

...I've seen those. That is basically a Daz version of this:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/cute-litttle-farmgirl/89045

Like the Rendo version, the shirt is a transmap that can be turned on or off. I'd like a pair which either comes with different shirt/top styles (like T-shirt, tank top, tube top, etc) or is a standalone (like the JeanZ for V4) that allows one to combine it with different tops. I've tried to combine the Cute Farm Girl set with other tops but it doesn't work as the overalls conform too tightly and don't respond to collision detection.

...also transmaps tend slow the render time and show up when using volumetrics (see pic below which used the V4 JeanZ "Shorts" style, notice the faint outline of the full length leggings transmap).

kaylee_volume.jpg
    800 x 800 - 339K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

I want more cloths like this, and more shoes variety.

oh_ma_gerwd_riho__by_rosalinafan567-d5rttgz.png
    477 x 558 - 102K
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

World War II and modern military. All branches would be helpful. Combat and dress uniforms.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,323
    edited December 1969

More medium complexioned characters, please; male and female. And really poseable long hair.

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

I really would like the 'Sports Time For Genesis' track suit to have a morph feature that enables the sleeves to be rolled up. Plus some kind of displacement map that would show the fine weave of the garment's fabric.

I'd also love it if some plugin could be made that would enable the old skins for the earlier figures (M3, V3, M4 etc...) to be applied onto Genesis. Such as Eros for M3. (Or is it possible already?...)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

K T Ong said:

I'd also love it if some plugin could be made that would enable the old skins for the earlier figures (M3, V3, M4 etc...) to be applied onto Genesis. Such as Eros for M3. (Or is it possible already?...)

Yep

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x

and

http://www.daz3d.com/genx-addon-gen3-bundle.

The Generation 3 skin textures have to be run through Texture Converter ( http://www.daz3d.com/texture-convertor-2-tc2 ) with the appropriate add-ons, but I haven't had too many problems with it.

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hey, thanks for the info. Will have to check them out!

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

One geofrafted tail to rule them all. Lots of shaping morphs, so it can be different styles (devil's tail, bulb at end with spikes kind of like a dino, etc.) I know we have the CatGirl geograft that came out when Hitomi was launched, but I've never gotten a convincing devil's tail out of it. And I'm sure there are other tail styles people would like, too. Hence the super morphing geografted tail...

I also would very much like to see a geografted mertail, as well as geografted spider/arachnid body.

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

A bunny shape similar like the Easter Bunny in "Rise of the Guardians"

• TatalorioTatalorio Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

A mermaid set that uses geografting.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited February 2013

it seems very hard, to get a nice looking Mertail where the legs morph in to the Mermaidtail. (with a few fin morphs)

only 1 character i would like to see appear in GENESIS = it's called HARU

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/haru-ver-1-0-set/86604

Leibovitz_mermaid_001.jpg
    1500 x 990 - 1M
    product_image_full_153522.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 849K
    Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

I would like to see some traditional Japanese clothing and armor for Genesis, including:

Kimono - both men's and women's styles
    Yukata
    Hakama

Samurai armor
    Okashi gusoku - armor worn by the Ashigaru or Japanese foot soldiers

Ideally the clothing would include fits for the basic child as weell as the more popular shapes. The armor may not need chil morphs, but young teen ones would be useful. Also monk and peasant clothing would be useful as well.

• XandoryXandory Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

I'd like the old A4 expression morphs to be translated to Genesis. She had some odd shapes that worked really well in small doses for a real expression.

• RXRX Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Some morphs I'd like to see include:
    -Opposable big toe (ape-like). It would be nice to have just this morph without having to dial in, say, the DAZ Gorilla and all of the other features that come with it.
    -Short trunk like that of a tapir. Different than a long geografted nose like an elephant.
    -Asymmetrical features. One morph that lowers or raises the right eye, one for the left, one for each ear, etc.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Zylox said:
    I would like to see some traditional Japanese clothing and armor for Genesis, including:

Kimono - both men's and women's styles

Yes. This. A thousand times this. Not an ultra-fancy style, absolutely not some fetishist's idea of a "sexy" kimono, but the sort of thing you'd actually see people wearing.