cannot load object

edited February 2017 in Bryce Discussion

Needed to use manual install and bryce 6 won't see this http://www.daz3d.com/dsc-001.

If I go into my objects folder it will see the bryce file, click it and bryce opens... but then rather than opening the file it brings up another box to the file. But it doesn't see the file from therein. Hope I don't have to upgrade bryce to get this in it. The product page should have said something. 

Edit, says it's an .OBP file, as to .OBJ. What's this? 

Post edited by mpam76895_15961369c9 on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109

Do not use DIM to install anything Bryce. DIM is the Daz Studio Install Manager and works fine but only for Studio. Do a manual download. If it comes zipped, unzip into a temporary folder of your choice and go from there.

An OBP file is a Bryce Object Preset and can be imported from the Object Library from within Bryce or copied into the folder <your bryce folder>\Presets\Objects\<any existing folder or one you create>\your purchased.obp.

• edited February 2017

Whoa nelly that got it. Thanks. Object Library import works best. 

Edit, I've seen your space hdri offerings. Do you have anything related that works in bryce 6? 

Post edited by mpam76895_15961369c9 on

Glad to hear you could make it work. There is always http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf a document that shows you where any Bryce content belongs.

As for the Deep Space HDRI sets, they were made for Bryce 7.1 though the HDRIs do work in Bryce 6.1 (just checked). But most of the content does not work: example files and sky presets - a bit expensive for the limited use in Bryce 6. Also, the IBL lab in Bryce 6.1 is a bit meagre. I have some free (non space) HDRIs on my website under Raytracing > Resources. Get one (or many or all) and try them out, get the hang of IBL.

I do recommend to get Bryce 7.1 Pro at the moment for $13.97 (http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro). It is so much better than 6. You can install several Bryce versions, just do it manually and create a folder for it. I have still all versions from 4 up to 7.1 installed (the pdf I mentioned above shows how).

• My your are seriously into this. Cooles Zueg, danke. 

You're welcome. "brycers" are all a bit mad ...

• I got the woods scene in which is quite blurry. Having looked briefly at a tutorial on yt my guess is I'll need 7.1 to better edit. Or is there a way to get it sharper in 6? I think it needs a scale feature also but that's me. 

I'm not sure what you mean with the wood scene.

• The forest scene. But my guess is all of those would be blurry. I did however import one last year from somewhere which looked fine without any editing. And I see 7.1 has many more parameters for these. I did not note a scaling tho... seems to me this could be useful if not crucial.  

I'm still lost with the forest scene. Is this an HDRI?

Ah, thank you, that would be PfynPool. Yes, it is a small probe only 1280 x 1280 pixels and made using a mirror ball almost 7 years ago. Light is fine but very blurred for the backdrop.

• Oh, so it's not about editing then. Thanks for sharing.