Render while you sleep

Hi folks

Does anyone know of a product or process wherein a series of saved scenes can be rendered overnight? 

What I envision is a series of scenes in a folder... say 1,2,3,4,5 and I'd like one scene to open, render then save the render to a folder (maybe the same one) .. then close.. .open the next duf file, render it ... and so on until all scenes in the folder have been rendered?

Comments

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

One of these should do the trick:

http://www.daz3d.com/batch-render-for-daz-studio-4-and-rib

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/batch-renderer-for-daz-studio/110993

Not sure which one is better. They should both work for IRAY.

• WOOT!!!!!!    THANKS HAVSM!!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

I use the first one. I don't own the second, but first one works great for batch rendering images.

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

laugh Now I got it !

First I thought you're talking about renders running all the night, so 8, 12 hours or longer (each). This is my situation very often.
    Waking up the next morning, I see my system crashed. Once one of my HDs got on strike, system halt and all render result lost. Or these nasty Windows updates. ...

So I prefer to personally monitor the renders.

• Jay JayJay Jay Posts: 298

I use the first one. I don't own the second, but first one works great for batch rendering images.

That first link is an awesome idea.  Does it still work with the latest version of Daz..?  

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,855

Thanks I was wondering that myself so I can do that soon.

Yep still works with this version of daz.

• Jay JayJay Jay Posts: 298

That's a real life saver thanks Serene Night! 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,995
    edited February 2017

A great idea for sure but I can see only one caveat, and could be a big one and that is you would really want to make very very very sure that the scenes you wanted to batch render.. There would be nothing worse than to wake up the next day, and find half the renders did not come out right or even worse you didn't like how they looked and decided to make changes..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Meh. Hardly 'nothing worse' if the alternative is 'you go to sleep and wake up with only one render done.'

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,855

Meh. Hardly 'nothing worse' if the alternative is 'you go to sleep and wake up with only one render done.'

No I thought about something worse, the render is not even half done.

edited February 2017

I usually setup a series of renders to start before I go to sleep at night. My computer renders them to output and Any corrections I need to make can be set to render in the morning before I head out to work. Any tiny corrections can be fixed by spot rendering to a new window and fixed in photoshop. By the time I'm ready to batch render I'm usually nearly done with composing the shot and have  already done a few tests so I mostly know what I will get.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Oh if you re render an image to the same directory and want the original render you need to rename it. Batched rendered images are named after the file name so existing files named the same in the output directory Could be overwritten by new files rerendered with the same file name.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I'm very excited about this--I didn't know they worked in Iray too. Will especially be useful if I end up doing a graphic novel sort of story instead of a visual one. Though even with latter, could be a much more efficient use of time. Currently looking at the Other Site one, because of budget....