Star Trek Builders Unite 3 “Runtime Amok”

Comments

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    All renders are done and now to start the word balloons.

i should have it done by next weekend.

Next issue will take some work. I put my foot in my mouth. The entire book will be rendered in Lux via the Reality plugin fof DAZ.

For you Poser users. Reality3 will be coming out in the near future for Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012 .

Okay, tit for tat, a sneak peak at my next book:

Page-52-copy.jpg
    900 x 1180 - 186K
  • edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    If you haven't been by my project room , you may not have known I've started a voyager sick bay, so here is the latest so far:

Wow! Looking forward to seeing more!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

In case my overall silence and lack of conversions has had people wondering, there is another one on the way that I started on last night. May be a while since my PA stuff is taking first priority. I am working on the Enterprise NX Drydock. Gona make all the arms move then figure the best way to save the model without triagulating the mesh and making it harder on systems to use.

On a side note, I decided to count the conversions today. 169 Star Trek conversions to date. Thats not including redos and updates or all the other ones.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    In case my overall silence and lack of conversions has had people wondering, there is another one on the way that I started on last night. May be a while since my PA stuff is taking first priority. I am working on the Enterprise NX Drydock. Gona make all the arms move then figure the best way to save the model without triagulating the mesh and making it harder on systems to use.

On a side note, I decided to count the conversions today. 169 Star Trek conversions to date. Thats not including redos and updates or all the other ones.

Any chances of a Galaxy class that's not an Enterprise?

Anyhow, my character Cassy, back home on the planet she was raised on, having tea and snacks with her mentor, old man Smoke Bailey. He's one of those old guys who are pretty cool and can still kick ass if need be. Think of him as Obi-Won Kenboi without a stick up his ass.

Tea.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 608K
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Any chances of a Galaxy class that's not an Enterprise?.

None. You would have to remap an excisting model

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

One hundred sixty nine conversions. [shaking head] That's amazing! Thank you, Matty, for your dedication.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited January 2013

Mattymanx said:

(insert sarcasm font) So you're the one who made the freebie list so big! It was either you or Mylochka! (end sarcasm font)

Thanks for all the conversions. I couldn't have done have the images with ships in the background with out your work!

Thank you.

-Paul

Post edited by PDSmith on
    edited December 1969

You're welcome!

I didn't even think there was that many yet. Im glad everyone has enjoyed them over the years!

Still lots to come too! :D

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,051
    edited December 1969

Just another alien I dialed up...

David

asari_m4_03A-small.jpg
    1357 x 1900 - 1M
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    You're welcome!

I didn't even think there was that many yet. Im glad everyone has enjoyed them over the years!

Still lots to come too! :D

Thanks for the fleet Matty! When I finally take over the Federation I will appoint you as head of starship design and construction! Seriously, Thanks for all the great work you are doing to share these ships with us.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,051
    edited December 1969

I ran across this webpage while rummaging thru a deviant art gallery. It's for a Star Trek animated series that never made it. I think it may have been mentioned here before in the forums, but I had no idea that there was a website dedicated to it. Quite interesting...

http://zeroroom.squarespace.com/

David

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,259
    edited December 1969

Just another alien I dialed up...

David

sweet

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited December 1969

A lil' experiment using Poser procedural nodes to recreate the iconic segmented eyes of the Gorn.

The Gorn head itself is a (seemingly abandoned) "work in progress" by XCalPro which I tweaked a bit with "magnets" to widen the skull and narrow the jaw. It's a pretty dang good likeness, but insanely polygon heavy for its purpose, 54,000 triangles not counting the eyes or teeth.

Sincerely,

Bill

Gorn-Eyes-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 185K
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Nice work! The eyes are very striking, and I like the use of Vasquez Rocks for your background. :-)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Not Star Trek per se, but it's science fiction-related. The outfit used on M5 is the The Next Adventure (for M4). Kibaretto's Shuttlestar and a really nice background planet found online. Hair by using LAMH, and some simple light setups.

I called this "Solar Express"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8427677183/in/photostream

8427677183_2c840843f5_c.jpg
    800 x 535 - 308K
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    If you haven't been by my project room , you may not have known I've started a voyager sick bay, so here is the latest so far:

"Please state the nature of the medical emergency"

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Time for more shopping :-)

http://3dcontents.blogspot.ca/p/furnishing-furniture-sofa.html

Going by the promo pics, everything from sofas to carpets. Quite suitable for many a modern/futuristic setting.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

My main character snoozing in her quarters. ;)

Sleeping_Beauty.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 297K
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

She's cute! So who's the purple person behind her? :D

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Would any one like one of these?

Hall.jpg
    747 x 777 - 51K
    Hall2.jpg
    747 x 431 - 80K
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,189
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Yes Please!! Very much so!

• AnIronButterflyAnIronButterfly Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Yes, me too, please! :)

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Yes please! :-)

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Yes, please! That would be most appreciated! :)

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Yes!!!!
    And thank you for it!!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

As if you had to ask :cheese:

Yes Thank You