4.8 Export User Data no longer working

Something has gone wrong with my DS 4.8 Export User Data function, when I try now it gets to Gathering User Data, most times goes Not Responding, and then shuts down, other times just shuts down, never having exported anything. I get this message in the log every time:

WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): DB Select error: ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout
DB Select error: ERROR: canceling statement due to statement timeout

I backed up my content directory to an external HDD last Sunday, and the last update (I think) worked was Monday. Restoring the user data files from that Backup to the Support directory makes no difference, deleting the User Data files so it has to create them from scratch makes no difference - it never starts creating new ones. I tried reinstalling 4.8 (which uninstalls the previous copy but keeps my settings. Other than this 4.8 and 4.9 Beta are working fine.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try to get it working again so I am able to import my catagories into 4.9 beta whenever I catagorise in 4.8?

Thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Did you reset the database before reimporting metadata?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Did you ever find out the resolution to this?  I'm now having the same issue.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

I managed to fix that time by finding an older backup and resetting the database, but it gave up for good a couple of weeks ago, nothing would fix it. So I VERY relucantly moved up to DS 10 (hate the loss of the Blue highlight and it makes catagorising a nightmare), reset the database and imported and thought all was well for a couple of days until I went to change a shader on something and found out all the shaders in my catagories had 'gone'. By that I mean the folders were there but there was nothing in them. Checked the Scan Folder (which is supposed to help finding stuff to catagories - it doesn't as far as I can see) and found all the Shaders, a sizeable chunk of the materials for Generation 4 and a whole pile of older props - Daz, 3rd party and freebies. I have been recatagorising for an hour or two each night all week, haven't even started on the Shaders yet. I suspect I will be at it most of next week as well. After that I noticed a pile of missing animals that hadn't turned up in the Scan Results folder so I'll have to checked all my catagories for missing stuff. For someone who religiously backed up her catagorise this is a real kick in the guts.