$10 off DazOriginals not working

sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
edited February 2017 in The Commons

I have items in my cart that total over $10 and it keeps telling me the coupon is not valid.  Every time this happens to me when I get these.  What do I have to do?

1-items in cart for coupon.PNG
626 x 763 - 121K
Post edited by sapat on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2017

yoo have 20$ min of d.o. in cart?

dream home are pc items.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited February 2017

The coupon is for $10 off an order of $20 or more in Daz Originals, no new releases or gift cards...

thx-from-daz-offer.jpg
    548 x 294 - 38K
    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • anyone know how long this lasts?

• PipefoxPipefox Posts: 113

Mine isn't working either. :'(

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

This a special targeted coupon or did I miss a newsletter/whatever?

• anyone know how long this lasts?

I think it is a secret.

Byrdie said:

This a special targeted coupon or did I miss a newsletter/whatever?

It is one of those targeted orange banner coupons; but check your 'Messages>Exclusive Offers' just to be sure you didn't get one.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965

I think that you can use it only 3 times is the limiting part of the offer and that the coupons don't expire. LOL, which is nice because I can only afford so many DAZ products and DIY supplies and Gardening supplies in one month.

• I think that you can use it only 3 times is the limiting part of the offer and that the coupons don't expire. LOL, which is nice because I can only afford so many DAZ products and DIY supplies and Gardening supplies in one month.

It says "for a limited time" so I would expect it to expire sometime in the not too far away future.

• It works for buying a PC plus membership

I think that you can use it only 3 times is the limiting part of the offer and that the coupons don't expire. LOL, which is nice because I can only afford so many DAZ products and DIY supplies and Gardening supplies in one month.

It says "for a limited time" so I would expect it to expire sometime in the not too far away future.

I wouldn't. The limiting factor is stated: 3 times. When you make a business proposition to a potential customer, and that's what these coupons are, as a business you should state the limits of the offer. Otherwise, it's just a good way to anger customers and have them ignore future offers. This isn't like the usual store discounts, it was sent as an email coupon to customers, like the $10 off coupon for using DAZ Connect last year was. The Elijah discount email I got states a specific time limit though not a number of time limit.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,585

Got a banner today: THANKS-FROM-DAZ purchase Daz originals valued at 20.00 to get a $10.00 discount. Despite having 17 items in the cart I needed to I added Krayon Hair and Heath Hair to get the $10.00 off (increasing cart items to 19) but the discount vanished.  Anyone else have this issue?

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,294

Any Platinum Club items in the cart?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,707

...the banner I got is for 20% off on Elija 7.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,056

from what I can tell, it's for a limited sub-set of DAZ Originals, almost all of which are completely useless to me.

• Heath Hair is a new release and the discount excludes new releases :) 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,294
    mcorr said:

from what I can tell, it's for a limited sub-set of DAZ Originals, almost all of which are completely useless to me.

Nope, it works for any non-new Daz original as I just added an oder character using the coupon (Mei lin 7)

Heath Hair is a new release and the discount excludes new releases :) 

from what I can tell, there are also many other (not "new") stuff that is not included. It seems to just be a sub-set of stuff which isn't moving so well.

nemesis10 said:
    mcorr said:

Nope, it works for any non-new Daz original as I just added an oder character using the coupon (Mei lin 7)

wasn't doing that for me when I last checked (perhaps another coupon roll-out problem??). I'd be delighted if it does work on all non-new Daz Originals.

mcorr said:

from what I can tell, there are also many other (not "new") stuff that is not included. It seems to just be a sub-set of stuff which isn't moving so well.

You have to be a member of the Platinum Club for items that are both DAZ Originals and Platinum Club Plus items.

edited February 2017

Post edited by mcorr on
    edited February 2017
    mcorr said:

You have to be a member of the Platinum Club for items that are both DAZ Originals and Platinum Club Plus items.

I am a member and yet despite that, when I pull up the DAZ Originals link in the offer, it displays only  "3213 of 8805 items", DAZ Original items that is ... that's  a subset, not all of the "non-new" daz originals

Post edited by mcorr on
    edited February 2017

Post edited by mcorr on
  • Threads merged.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

I'm pretty sure the filtered view in the offer is faulty.  http://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#&filter_new=0&filter_platClub=1&filtered=1  is only displaying Platinum Club items. 

Try this alternate filtered view: http://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#&filter_new=0&filtered=1

edited February 2017
    Lindsey said:

I'm pretty sure the filtered view in the offer is faulty.  http://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#&filter_new=0&filter_platClub=1&filtered=1  is only displaying Platinum Club items. 

Try this alternate filtered view: http://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#&filter_new=0&filtered=1

yeah, I can simply pull up all daz originals by myself (i.e. not use the link in the coupon), but when I put items in the cart that are not in the coupon's link's list, then there is no discount. Have you actually tried this yourself, or is your suggestion merely untried helpful advice?

Post edited by mcorr on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,756

Are you sure you have $20 worth of non-new Daz originals in the cart? You need $20, not $10. It worked fine for me earlier.

Are you sure you have $20 worth of non-new Daz originals in the cart? You need $20, not $10. It worked fine for me earlier.

you guys are funny ... yes I have more than $20 worth of daz originals (only) items in the cart

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Too many strings attached to that copon for me to even bother....

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    mcorr said:

I am a member and yet despite that, when I pull up the DAZ Originals link in the offer, it displays only  "3213 of 8805 items", DAZ Original items that is ... that's  a subset, not all of the "non-new" daz originals

When I open the Daz Originals catalog without any url filters, I see "6308 of 8805 items." I also see the "Hide Items I Own" option is checked. (That means I own 2497 Daz Originals, not counting any products no longer available.) When I disable that option, I see only "8805 items." When I open the DO catalog with new items filtered out and the "Hide Items I Own" option disabled, I see "8606 of 8805 items." That tells me, as of 2/10/2017, there are 199 DOs still in new release status, and just over 8600 products included in the offer.

As Lindsey pointed out, the offer includes a link to just PC+ items which, combined with the "Hide Items I Own" option enabled, would explain your "3213 of 8805 items." however, the offer includes all DOs, not just PC+ items. The second link Lindsey provided is correct.

For anyone who can't seem to get the coupon to work, regardless of what is in their cart, I'd recommend checking your messages in the Exclusive Offers inbox. If you don't have the offer in your messages, you can't use the coupon. Check the comment above with the screenshot of the message and you'll see "Offer valid for intended recipient only" in the fine print at the bottom.

If you do have the offer in your messages and still can't get the coupon to work, contact Customer Service via the Contact Us link on the bottom of any page.

L'Adair said:
    mcorr said:

When I open the Daz Originals catalog without any url filters, I see "6308 of 8805 items." I also see the "Hide Items I Own" option is checked. (That means I own 2497 Daz Originals, not counting any products no longer available.) When I disable that option, I see only "8805 items." When I open the DO catalog with new items filtered out and the "Hide Items I Own" option disabled, I see "8606 of 8805 items." That tells me, as of 2/10/2017, there are 199 DOs still in new release status, and just over 8600 products included in the offer.

As Lindsey pointed out, the offer includes a link to just PC+ items which, combined with the "Hide Items I Own" option enabled, would explain your "3213 of 8805 items." however, the offer includes all DOs, not just PC+ items. The second link Lindsey provided is correct.

For anyone who can't seem to get the coupon to work, regardless of what is in their cart, I'd recommend checking your messages in the Exclusive Offers inbox. If you don't have the offer in your messages, you can't use the coupon. Check the comment above with the screenshot of the message and you'll see "Offer valid for intended recipient only" in the fine print at the bottom.

If you do have the offer in your messages and still can't get the coupon to work, contact Customer Service via the Contact Us link on the bottom of any page.

check, check , check ... so it's customer care for me then.