Converting Desert Pathfinder to G3M

OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
edited February 2017 in The Commons

I've had my eye on this outfit for a while, and it's on sale at the moment: http://www.daz3d.com/desert-pathfinders-for-genesis-2-male-s

Trouble is, I've largely moved on to G3M/G3F at this point. Does anyone know how well it converts? I have Wear Them All and some helper templates by SickleYield.

Edit: and I have some G2M shapes for G3M sitting in my cart, if you think that shaping G3M to match, say, Michael 6 would help. And I think I managed to add some G2M morphs to G3M in the process of playing with GenX.

Post edited by Odaa on

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,486

I have it and will try it out and let you know when I get a chance.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Thank you so much!

Generally speaking, I have had very good results upfitting from G2 Male to G3 male. The difficulty I've ran into are some of the M4 clothes require a little more tlc to look their best on G3M.

That is good to know! I may just go ahead and spring for Pathfinder, since it's part of a one-day sale.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142
    edited February 2017

I don't have this outfit but I have other Luthbel/Luthbellina sets and they convert from G2 to G3 really well :)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750

I've used Pathfinder on G3M with Wear Them All and it fits OK (with smoothing and bulge fixer). Never got the bottom front (crotch) of the jacket to work perfectly in the T pose but looks fine once the figure is reposed.

Thank you both! I have to get some writing done this evening, but my reward tonight will be to pull the trigger on that shopping cart, including Pathfinder :)

Well, don't have a pic to demo yet, but it transferred over with a minimum of fuss. I had to crank up the smoothing iterations to 71 for the jacket, and to 68 for the hood, and the cape wouldn't behave unless I set it to collide with nothing but increased collision iterations to 100 and smoothing iterations to 200. Now it looks pretty good.

Thanks again for all your support and advice!

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750

You where too fast for me. I was just going to post an image.

G3MPathfinderPlay_002b2f.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 924K

Bravo, thank you! :)

edited February 2017

Here we go.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/8f/b68f4131d759f1c22adde4cd644e07.png

Pathfinder.png
    1669 x 2160 - 6M
    Post edited by Greybro on

Wow, that turned out really well! Thank you! I'm going to work on a picture of my own with it just to complete the circle :)

Here's mine:

DesertPathfinder.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M