update links

AroTch WIPAroTch WIP Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I'm getting back into using Carrara, does anyone have a link to the update section of daz3d. where they used to have links to the normal updates for their programs. I own carrara 7 pro and there is no link to upgrade this to 8.5 pro. and I'm not about to spend more money until I know it's windows 8 ready.

Comments

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Arotech said:
    I'm getting back into using Carrara, does anyone have a link to the update section of daz3d. where they used to have links to the normal updates for their programs. I own carrara 7 pro and there is no link to upgrade this to 8.5 pro. and I'm not about to spend more money until I know it's windows 8 ready.

Carrara 8.5 is in beta, for now. It hasn't been released nor priced yet.

• AroTch WIPAroTch WIP Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yeah I know they seemed to have really hidden all the old files. I hope this doesn't mean Daz is in major trouble.

Anyhoo, I still can't get carrara 7 pro to work with windows 7 64 thought there might have been an update.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Arotech :)

If you have Carrara 7 pro, the last version released was 7.2 , and if you have that, ....that's it.

If you don't have C7.2, then you should reset your download from your Account (Itemised Order History)
    and that should give you the most recent available version ...C7.2

to find out what version of Carrara you have,...
    click on the little Daz triangle logo at the top left of your screen, and go to About Carrara.
    That will bring up the C7 splash screen, and there should be a version number there, at the bottom right corner.

What issues are you having with running C7 in Windows 7 ?
    maybe I can help !

There's no Hidden files,.. just a new web site and Forum, which means a different route to find the same files.

Hope it helps :)

• AroTch WIPAroTch WIP Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'll have to see which version is on my main pc. but I just downloaded the 7.2 version on my laptop.

The last time was running it it crash first when generating landscape, then it crashed on a simple render of and old scene i created in version 6.

thanks for u'r help

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

I'm always happy to help if I can :)

Hopefully, loading 7.2 should fix things,.

But I'd also suggest the regular things like, ..Clearing out your My Documents / Daz3D / Temp folder.
    especially after a crash.

;)