Is there an Unused Morph Remover Utility available?

I remember that, years ago, when I used Poser exclusively, I had a utility that would remove unwanted zero morphs (excluding expression morphs) to reduce the size of a figure.  There are so many morphs in G3 that I sometimes find myself hard pressed to do a render because I run out of memory in the middle of it.  Once I lock a shap on a character, I'd like to be able to remove all the zero values.

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314
    edited February 2017

One option that will greatly reduce the memory needed is to change the figure to a prop once you are happy with the final pose. Probably best to save the figure as a scene subset first, so you can reload if you want to change the pose.

Post edited by Havos on
  • If this is Daz Studio then the main part of the morph data - the deltas, changes in position of the vertices making the shape - will not load until the morph is non-zero. If you close DS and reopen the scene only the currently used morphs will load their deltas, which should be nearly as light as deleting them entirely.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,766

If this is Daz Studio then the main part of the morph data - the deltas, changes in position of the vertices making the shape - will not load until the morph is non-zero. If you close DS and reopen the scene only the currently used morphs will load their deltas, which should be nearly as light as deleting them entirely.

That makes total sense, yet I noever thought of it before.