Customize navigation?

ajz3dajz3d Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hello.
Is it possible to customize viewport navigation in Hexagon? I'm accustomed to Maya's and the swap of mouse buttons in Hexagon confuses me a lot.

Comments

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 1969

Yes you can change the shortcut keys, look in Edit-Shortcut Editor and select the View option. Not sure about the mouse button option, I've set Hex so each view has a key on the key pad.

• ajz3dajz3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your reply, Wee Dangerous John. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any way of changing scene navigation controls. Even via shortcuts window.

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited January 2013

Here's a screen grab of the View section of the Shortcut Editor, all you have to do is click on the button you want to change and choose a key which has not already been allocated.

shortcuts.jpg
    601 x 498 - 61K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 514
    edited December 1969

Here's a screen grab of the View section of the Shortcut Editor, all you have to do is click on the button you want to change and choose a key which has not already been allocated.

The OP will be referring to the "Alt+ mouse button" for screen navigation. In Maya "Alt+MMB" = Pan. "Alt + RMB" = Zoom. In Hexagon that is reversed.

• ajz3dajz3d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The OP will be referring to the "Alt+ mouse button" for screen navigation. In Maya "Alt+MMB" = Pan. "Alt + RMB" = Zoom. In Hexagon that is reversed.

Yes, that's exactly what I need, but the Shortcut Editor doesn't allow any customization of mouse navigation. :(
    Does DAZ3D have any plans of implementing this in one of the next possible Hexagon updates perhaps?