Simultaneously Moving Multiple Objects in Puppeteer

Good day, if you want to animate two separate models such as a husband and wife moving from a hugging pose to a kissing pose, is it possible to have them move simultaneously in puppeteer? I can animate each one separately ... but the timing is ever so slightly off. I tried grouping them together, but the group does not seem to respond in puppetter. Any ideas? Thank you.

Comments

• Well ... a few days and no replies suggests the program cannot do what I want it to do.

For those who are curious, my workaround is nudging the keys with Keymate to make the timing match ... but I was hoping to avoid all of that.

My general approach to puppeteer is the same as for dynamic clothing - it is more time and effort so it is reserved for situations that need higher quality, but when it all comes together correctly, the results are far superior to other methods.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

This is a good question... and because the puppeteer drop-down selector only allows a single selection, I agree that it probably can't be done without some magic.

For a dance, perhaps for parts (non-dips, etc.) a recording of one partner could be mirrored and attached/parented to the original with a hip offset, and manually tweaked on the timeline to differentiate some movements. Once the dance got interesting, this wouldn't probably work too well, esp considering the number of keyframes that would need tweaking, etc.

Let us know if you find any clever hacks...

cheers,

--ms

• posecastposecast Posts: 386

Ok, I am not sure this is possible, but can you animate the first person in puppeteer, save the animation as an aniblock, then animate the second person, save as an aniblock, then have an easier time lining it up? I too am eager to learn about this!

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 968

Making aniblocks can be done, but getting the movement and timing exactly the same on both aniblocks through the whole block seems too much to do by hand. Mindsong's example of an intricate dance is a great example of where this would be useful. For my previous project, I was able to get acceptable results by nudging keyframes (and not really having to get into graphmate). I will be doing more animations soon as another project is coming up. Maybe I can play with this some more. Thanks for the ideas to consider.

• posecastposecast Posts: 386

Can you apply the SAME aniblock to both characters?

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 968

I think the answer is yes to applying the same aniblock to multiple characters - that would work for a line dance scenario. But for a tango, when one partner leans forward, the other must lean back and so different aniblocks would be needed.