New content visible but does not update figure

lrichards.smalrichards.sma Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am a new user so I apologize if this is obvious. I have loaded Children of the World and, in Content Library can see some new content... Like Shapes of heads and material/ color of skin. When I click on a skin material it updates the figure. However, when I click on a head shape, it appears to update (no error messages) but nothing happens to the figure. I have tried selecting the head on the figure with the universal selector, the region navigator and the surface selection tool (I am not sure when to use which tool) but always the same result... nothing happens to the figure.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Is this a freshly loaded Kids4 or one in a saved scene?

Did you inject Morphs++ for the Kids4 before applying the head shape?

• lrichards.smalrichards.sma Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, it is freshly loaded... Kids 4 Base, then Kids 4 morphs++ then Children of the World. What does it mean to INJECT Morphs++? Thank you!

edited December 1969

4th Generation figures need to have the morphs injected before they can be used, as Poser uses memory for each morph channel even if you aren't using it. Load Kids 4, then go to the Poser library, Pose > DAZ's Kids 4 > Morph Injections to inject the Morphs++ into the figure.

edited December 1969

Thank you... found the injections (there are 2) and ran them. However, the head shapes still do not update the character. I am using Genesis shaped as a child. Something flashes too fast to read when I double click on a head shape.... but no change to the Genesis figure happens. More thoughts? Thank you!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Open Prameters and look for a slider, not all morphs auto change, that way you can just use as much as you like or even blend more than two to make a unique face.

edited December 1969

Are you using GenX to transfer the morphs to Genesis? These will only work on Kids 4, not on Genesis with the Child Shape, otherwise.

edited December 1969

I have not used GenX to my knowledge... I just purchased, downloaded and installed the Kids 4 components from the Daz3d website... What is GenX?:roll:

edited December 1969

Genesis can use clothing and textures from the 4th Generation figured, but not morphs. GenX is an add-on plugin to convert 4th Generation morphs to work on Genesis.

edited December 1969

To Jaderail... The sliders for facial editing are the same as for the basic Genesis. What the kids 4 and Children of the World was supposed to provide are the morphs for asian eyes, different noses etc.. There are no sliders for these types of facial changes. Maybe there would be if I could first apply the new head shapes but that's what I can't seem to do. Thoughts?

edited December 1969

I just discovered a script file under Poser formats / My Library/figures/DAZ People/The Kids 4... And I double clicked on that and many things happened! Now it accepts the head shapes! Perhaps I should have known to find and run this... Is there a tutorial that talks about scripts you have to locate and run after installing a new product?

Are there more scripts I need to run now?

Thank you so much for helping me understand all the steps one has to do to make a new product completely active..

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I just discovered a script file under Poser formats / My Library/figures/DAZ People/The Kids 4... And I double clicked on that and many things happened! Now it accepts the head shapes! Perhaps I should have known to find and run this... Is there a tutorial that talks about scripts you have to locate and run after installing a new product?

Are there more scripts I need to run now?

Thank you so much for helping me understand all the steps one has to do to make a new product completely active..

Ummm...you should have been given the option to 'initialize' during the install, that's when that script is normally run. If you didn't get that option, for any Gen4 content (V4, M4, etc) then you'll need to find and run the appropriate scripts manually.