FirstBastion's Upcoming Lineup [commercial]

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,326
    edited September 2018

Done the 3DL version, have to work on the iray version next.

1stbastion-grasslandstream-1k.jpg
    1000 x 552 - 374K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Oh nice! It's getting hard to find things in 3DL.

But I can't think of anyone who might not eventually need a nice stream.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

Welcome back!

• Just a little question: Where in these new sets did you hide the hidden waterfall from one of your retired sets? Or is it still unavailable?

• Love this, I actually could have used it a couple renders ago, I ended up kit bashing to get a stream. I'll be watching for it!  

• Really beautiful!

edited September 2018

Done the Iray renders now. 

1stbastion-grasslandstream-irayrenders.jpg
    975 x 548 - 204K
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

beautiful!

edited September 2018

Just a little question: Where in these new sets did you hide the hidden waterfall from one of your retired sets? Or is it still unavailable?

I can hear what you are saying.  You want a new version of this. Okay.

• Just a little question: Where in these new sets did you hide the hidden waterfall from one of your retired sets? Or is it still unavailable?

This sounds like a good idea to me, too.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Used in a sentence.

• Quick little flythrough video.

that looks really, *really* nice... 

and very useable.  :)

i'm sitting here trying to figure out if it would be possible to lazy-fake water flow in the stream somehow for timeline animations.  maybe by using a series of displacement maps and shifting the parameters of the water object a touch from frame to frame.  probably not, but that would be icing on the cake. 

it reminds me of a place my family vacationed once when i was a kid.

hope to see it in the store soon...i'm really looking forward to it.  :)

j

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Very nice stream! Lush vegetation looks very inviting.

• jardine said:

i'm sitting here trying to figure out if it would be possible to lazy-fake water flow in the stream somehow for timeline animations.  maybe by using a series of displacement maps and shifting the parameters of the water object a touch from frame to frame.  probably not, but that would be icing on the cake.

There is a Draagonstorm script that might help with that.  I don't have it,  but it could probably move the displacement map (series of images.  https://www.daz3d.com/animated-textures-script-pro-for-daz-studio-3-4

there was also an old Animated Textures plugin for DS 3.x that could do similar task.

Other possibilities,  for this stream,  the water is a volume just slightly bigger than what is visible.  But if you removed the volume,  and replaced it with a created plane and applied the water surface,  you could move that larger plane physically along the x and z axis using keyframes to give the illusion of moving water. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Looking great! Glad to see something new

thanks for the suggestions!

i'll try them when the set comes out. 

:)

j

• Quick little flythrough video.

Looking forward to seeing it in the store! 

Trish

• .Okay  Hidden Waterfalls. If people remember the original had an upper and lower falls sections.

Well  I'm going to have to separate them into two individual sets,  Lower and Upper,  once I started adding the details and vegetation it started using up lots of resource space on my 8gig build computer. I expanded the area down stream and well it got bigger.  They will still be positioned to link together if you have a rig that can handle it all at once.  Lower Falls will probably happen first. In case anyone is curious.

• these are so beautiful! Love the defender of the realms render! 

Also I'm sort of curious. One of the things I would like for a waterfall is the having the water look like it was photographed with a slow shutter speed as an option so you get that softness to it. Is that even posable beings most waters use shaders? 

edited September 2018

Also I'm sort of curious. One of the things I would like for a waterfall is the having the water look like it was photographed with a slow shutter speed as an option so you get that softness to it. Is that even posable beings most waters use shaders? 

There's no reason it could not be done.  Though those shots usually look better with cascading type waterfalls. I'll see what I can come up with. 

cascade.jpg
    517 x 344 - 69K
  • Also I'm sort of curious. One of the things I would like for a waterfall is the having the water look like it was photographed with a slow shutter speed as an option so you get that softness to it. Is that even posable beings most waters use shaders? 

There's no reason it could not be done.  Though those shots usually look better with cascading type waterfalls. I'll see what I can come up with. 

That would be soooo cool! 

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

Both render styles of the stream look fantastic. Perfect for nature, fantasy, old west, families having picnics... etc. Definitely something everyone could use.

edited October 2018

The stream is available now.

https://www.daz3d.com/1stb-grassland-stream

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

It's very pretty, hopefully I'll have time to download it and render it tomorrow. 

edited October 2018

Really preliminary WIP still lots of work to do. But a first glimpse at the Hidden Waters Lower Falls

HiddenWaters-LowerFalls-1stBastion.jpg
    600 x 324 - 177K

I see faces here too along the waterfalls you did. This is so much fun. Here is my render from the other post in Show Us Your 3Delight Renders.
    Secluded Shoreline C1 3DL 30m21s.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

Thanks.  It could be the way the shadows hit the rocks,  causing it.

Okay I do see the side portrait of an older person in the formation on the cliff. Are there other? 

sideportrait.jpg
    716 x 708 - 116K
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I really love your new set. I tend to work around my central character, and usually worry about the background in post. I had this whole piece done, everything lighting, poses, everything except the background and I had no idea what I was going to put it on. I decided to try your stream, and I popped it into the scene, and all I had to do was a tiny rotation to the set and start my render. Easiest set I have ever dropped in! Can't wait for the waterfalls! 

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

If needed I buy a new PC to handle your waterfall. But would it be possibel to combine both on an older system if I go without vegetation?