Problems with DUF

JavPJavP Posts: 121
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I loaded old scenes in 4 that had problems locating components, and with patiente I re-load Genesis into the scene to retake the character.

Finally all seemed to be fine.

I retake the work, working 5 hours, saving changes in the Actor's properties, all fine, saving in new DUF format... all fine.

Later I close, open the program, load that new DUFs, and then appear a list of don't founded files. Exactly the list of the directory:

"\data\4_0_2\Genesis\Genesis\modifiers\morphs"

I search the files missed, and I found them in "C:\Varios\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\data\4_0_2\Genesis\Genesis\modifiers\morphs". Directory listed and existent in the list of directories.

As result, I loose all the work.

I try to reset the database: ERROR CREATING THE DATABASE

I try to reload Genesis in the same scene, but this don't work as works in the old format file.

Well, HOW CAN I RECOVER this changes ? Or if the problrem is this list of morphs, how can I refresh files that really are there, are in the directory list ?

Javier

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats sections, and post a screenshot?

• JavPJavP Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the response. Here it is.

And happy new year... working.

Javier

yyu.JPG
    729 x 465 - 46K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It looks like all those nested content folders are messing things up. None of the subfolders of My Library should be listed, only My Library.

edited December 1969

I deleted the "extra" directories except those putted there not by me.

The result is that now the DB can now be reseted. But after re-read the direstory list, and reimport metadata, the result is the same.

Well, worst because it shows now the bodysuit of Genesis as boxes in the scene, but that is not a great problem.

yyu1.JPG
    627 x 318 - 41K
    yyu0.JPG
    727 x 463 - 37K
    edited December 1969

Hello, I resolved the situation:

As you see in the first screenshot, I putted the directory where these files ARE REALLY and it did not work.

Now I take the tree of subdirectory "DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution" and copy it into "My Library/Data".

In data I did not have DAZ 3D, I had to create into, and create the path that was searching the scene meanwhile was mounting.

Now it found the files.

Javier