get the camera to follow

texjonestexjones Posts: 0
edited December 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

FINALLY! a big break through in my animation. I had bought that pick 'em up truck, which is kinda cool. Obviously modeled after a Chevrolet in the 70's (looks like the one my mom had). I figured out the animation to get the wheels to turn, in animation. This is where you gotta keep adding 180 degrees and 360 degrees, I got it up to 1440 degrees over 10 sec. You CANNOT create the simple puppeteers poses of 360 degrees, it doesn't work. You have to keep adding for each key frame (180,360,540,720,900,1080,1260,1440) in X rotation. As I write this, it is rendering with the truck moving across the screen. I didn't animate all four wheels, just the two we will see as it moves across. Now, the question is I want the camera to follow the truck at one point. I'll probably figure it out, but how can I do this? The scene will start with the camera panning across the water then turns up to catch the truck moving,with Brock driving, we'll see him pass by but then I want to get in the cab with him to show going down to road to a point (when the City Limits comes into view) then the camera will raise to show the destination just off in the distance. I know this is where good editing in Movie Maker comes in, and I've learned to work the cameras in Daz much better.
How do I get the camera to follow, in the truck? Would I parent the camera to the truck at some point?
This is probably where I would go back to the old way, the truck remains stable and try to make the background (the road) move underneath and behind in Flash.
I did already see how to set the camera in position and have it point at the truck, and as it moves across the camera goes with it. THAT was cool!! The first part finished (50 mins) and now the camera pan follow is rendering.

And this is the first test...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wasQwzuzeuo&feature=youtu.be

Post edited by texjones on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001
    edited December 1969

You probably need to render in at least two steps - one with the camera moving freely, then one with the camera set to point at the truck (or more likely at a null aprented to the truck, to keep the angle right, since point at goes to the origin of the item pointed at).