How do you make squarer jaws?

I know it should be possible but I can't seem to ever get it to work right. I mean mostly the chins. They're always round no matter what I do.

For instance I'm working on this character...

Her chin and jaw are square, and yet when I try to work on it in Poser with G2F...this is what happens.

Her chin no matter what remains ROUND.

I have tried 'square face' in the full face options, jaw angle, etc etc. I don't know how to do this.

I know it's possible because I have someone who does have a squareish jaw but someone told me how to do it and I can't quite remember or understand how to repeat the steps

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Far as I know there is no morph for a square chin, tho one of the 3rd party morph packs might have one.

Laurie

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Do you only work in Poser?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited January 2017

I have this problem recently because trying to get a Carrie Fisher likeness to look like Carrie Fisher. If you own the G3F Female Head Morphs there are morphs with make the chin wider and to jut the chin forward from the face. Then there is a crease below the lower lip that you make deeper.

There are also morphs for changing the jaw line which will make for squarer jaws.

I stopped at what was appropropriate for what I was working on but you can turn off limits it the squareness it's enough for you after using those morph dials.

I haven't checked the G2F morphs but they are probably similar morph dials.

Finally, part of that squareness is angle of the camera, position of the face, and lighting.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Chin Width won't make it square but it might help you get closer.

I used the core morphpack ( the big bag of facial stuff for G2F), Chin Width, jaw Angle, face Square and chin cleft.

This looks pretty close?

Squarejaw.png
    667 x 1080 - 980K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I used the core morphpack ( the big bag of facial stuff for G2F), Chin Width, jaw Angle, face Square and chin cleft.

This looks pretty close?

Looks good but from the 1st picture the lady's entire jaw seems to protruding a bit out from the face as well.

There are a few morphs that can do that.

Point is, I'm pretty sure the big morphpack has all the tools you need to get very close.

• iDiruiDiru Posts: 696

There are a few morphs that can do that.

Point is, I'm pretty sure the big morphpack has all the tools you need to get very close.

is there a link to the core morph pack? i have like, two morph packs but idk if there's one I'm missing

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-head-morphs

(Included in head/body bundle)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,840

there is always the morph brush too.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,268

When I saw the picture on top, I thought of these as having that same sort of jaw: http://www.daz3d.com/metamorphosis-for-genesis-3-female-s

Oh, there's also this: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/69268/morphalynn-127-head-and-face-morphs-for-g3f

Mind you, it's for g3f. But you can try transferring it to g2f (I'm not entirely sure how well that will work, but it's something to try if you know how to do it)

Just experimented, and yeah. Assuming you have GenX2 or can manage the transfer without it, those free morphs offer a lot of cool options that help in this (and other) cases.

Working on a render where it's exaggerated, but totally can do what's being requested.

And here you go. The jaw is super exaggerated, but you can totally do a strong-jawed woman fairly easily with the Morphalynn morphs.

Squarejaw Ceph.png
    668 x 1080 - 1M
  • GreycatGreycat Posts: 332

Something like this?

square jaw.jpg
    600 x 600 - 58K