CONTENT wishes for 2017

Comments

• Boy, this thread has started to go far afield.  Lets see of I can reel it back in.

Lots of very good ideas here.  My wishlist includes a lot of things already mentioned plus more:

• More realistic millitarty uniforms for G3M&F, both current and historical (WW1, WW2, current conflicts/era, revolutionary war, Civil War/late 1800's, etc...)
    • G3 versions of SCIFI uniforms specifically Star Trek TOS/TNG/DS9/Voyager/Enterprise STYLE and All Star Wars STYLE uniforms.  (I emphasize that they need to be style uniforms so the creating artists don't get sued for creating Fan Art now that Disney owns the StarWars franchise).
    • G3 Pose packs for older DAZ spacecraft and also Iray updates for some of the older DS spacecraft (already seeing some of this startting to come out).
    • Good 50's Pinup style hair for G3F including a good Betty Page style hair (Sheridan Hair is okat but we need a good straight hair with lots of morphs handles with that signature bang roll).  Also need styles worn by Tempest Storm, Blaze Starr, Judy O'Day, and ohter short and long hair styles in the pinup model style of the 50's era.
    • 50's era clothing both G3F & G3M including normal, pinup/chesecake style, and military uniforms
    • Good 50's era movie monster style creatures and critters.
    • Updated 50's era flying saucer and spacecraft models for G3,

.These are most of my specific wishes.  Also one more thing.  A good DAZ Studio to Paint Shop Pro bridge plugin.  Some of us can't afford Photoshop and I would rather give DAZ my $20.00 a month for content instead of a cloud subscription for Photoshop CC (I perfer to buy a license rather than pay for a cloud subscription).

• I'd like to see a LAMH (Look at my hair) new edition for iRay that doesn't require so many extra steps to make it iRay compatible. Even with iRay, unrealistic hair really seems to be a dead giveaway for renders these days, more than any other factor. You pretty much have to touch it up in photoshop (or another image editor) to get photo-realistic hair.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617

Boy, this thread has started to go far afield.  Lets see of I can reel it back in.

Lots of very good ideas here.  My wishlist includes a lot of things already mentioned plus more:

• More realistic millitarty uniforms for G3M&F, both current and historical (WW1, WW2, current conflicts/era, revolutionary war, Civil War/late 1800's, etc...)
    • G3 versions of SCIFI uniforms specifically Star Trek TOS/TNG/DS9/Voyager/Enterprise STYLE and All Star Wars STYLE uniforms.  (I emphasize that they need to be style uniforms so the creating artists don't get sued for creating Fan Art now that Disney owns the StarWars franchise).
    • G3 Pose packs for older DAZ spacecraft and also Iray updates for some of the older DS spacecraft (already seeing some of this startting to come out).
    • Good 50's Pinup style hair for G3F including a good Betty Page style hair (Sheridan Hair is okat but we need a good straight hair with lots of morphs handles with that signature bang roll).  Also need styles worn by Tempest Storm, Blaze Starr, Judy O'Day, and ohter short and long hair styles in the pinup model style of the 50's era.
    • 50's era clothing both G3F & G3M including normal, pinup/chesecake style, and military uniforms
    • Good 50's era movie monster style creatures and critters.
    • Updated 50's era flying saucer and spacecraft models for G3,

.These are most of my specific wishes.  Also one more thing.  A good DAZ Studio to Paint Shop Pro bridge plugin.  Some of us can't afford Photoshop and I would rather give DAZ my $20.00 a month for content instead of a cloud subscription for Photoshop CC (I perfer to buy a license rather than pay for a cloud subscription).

...yeah more 50s retro content would be great.  I'd like to see some 50s retro spacecraft as well.  Really would love to have some of those sleek rocket ships like from Destination Moon and When Worlds Collide

Would also like a big four engine propeller airliner similar to a DC-6, Stratocruiser, or "Connie" with boarding stairs and as flight crew uniforms from the era.

I hear you on the PSP bridge that would be nice.  Haven't upgraded since 4x but if such a plugin existed I probably would update.it. I like having my own licence instead of dealing with subscriptions as well as some months are lean for me.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited January 2017

Since a lot of people have put an updated baby on the list of wishes for 2017, I'm working on a G3F morph in an ATTEMPT at making a baby. It's ...interesting. lol I'm thinking I might have to get the "growing up" products to make it work fully. However I'm going to try it with straight up G3F along with the standard body and face morphs. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145
    edited January 2017

I am pretty sure Genesis 4 will be out this year. Sorry folks but I see v8 out this fall and she won't be a tomato flavored drink.

I'm predicting this summer. V6 and V7 where both released in June.

Urgh, I don't even wanna think about it. I may as well just sign my checks over to Daz in order to keep up (which I ain't ;)).

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited January 2017

Back to the topic, I've seen lots of good suggestions for content & DS editor improvements so maybe we'll get lucky this year.

• MendomanMendoman Posts: 401
    edited January 2017

Kendall has really gotten my attention with his teasers, so I'm looking forward what he has cooking. A full weather system or something, I'm not quite sure anymore, but it's good to keep expections high smiley Also LAMH to be able handle Iray without changing it to obj first, and it's in my shopping cart immediately. If/when that happens, I hope lots of new hair products that use that.

I think ( hope ) that I have enough G3 characters/clothes already, so this year I'm more interested in utilities like Ultimate Natural Bends, pretty much anything Zev0 offers, UltraScatter and stuff like that. Also Ghost lights was a really positive surprise, so anything that makes my current library better and I'm interested.

If PAs need ideas here goes:

- I'd like to have a product that would make clothes/hair wet ( preferably different levels of wetness, from wet t-shirt contest to minor splashes ). 

- Some universal hair morph kit like Fit Control is for clothes would be really cool

- I hope Kendall's (whatever it will be ) product takes care of all the cloth simulations, but if not, then something designed for DS. I already have VWD, but it's quite unstable and crashes a lot, and anything bigger needs decimator etc. so something more stable please.

- Also if there's a nice water simulation just waiting for release, I'd really love to make waterfalls, beaches and stuff like that. Blender already has a water simulation, but it's so slow that almost anything is better.

PS: If G4 gets released this year, it has to be pretty spectacular, or support G3 line products, before I'm interested.

Post edited by Mendoman on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2017
    Since a lot of people have put an updated baby on the list of wishes for 2017, I'm working on a G3F morph in an ATTEMPT at making a baby. It's ...interesting. lol I'm thinking I might have to get the "growing up" products to make it work fully. However I'm going to try it with straight up G3F along with the standard body and face morphs. 

PM me and we can talk about it...I could have used G2F or M for my baby, but chose Genesis for a reason.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,311

My assumption is that the decision on the release date for Genesis 4 was made some time ago, and I would not be surprised if some of the top PAs have already seen some previews (though naturally they would not be able to say so).

As such, no amount of moaning or begging by anyone here is likely to make any difference to that release time.

Those of us that are not "in the know", which is naturally the vast majority of the forumites, can only speculate at the release timing, but I would guess May or June of this year.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited January 2017
    mjc1016 said:

PM me and we can talk about it...I could have used G2F or M for my baby, but chose Genesis for a reason.

That sounds good. I could use some help. I'm having real trouble with the leg bends. Here's my efforts so far:

• I'm still nursing a blown hobby budget from last year, but am waiting for the updated Iray versions of Dreamland.  I'd love to see

° normal clothing ..  real world women's shoes

° more fit controls on clothing, showing wrinkles 

° for period clothing.  more '50s for Dreamland ... also the mid/late '60s which was an explosion of styles

° many types of foods,  partly eaten, messy ..  like the real world

° flat heel poses,  knitting, moving items, everyday actions, sports

° more realistic body types and age ranges

° I'm a volleyball fan (now 2nd largest women's sport in the US at the HS and college level) realistic beach and indoor courts, poses, attire ... body types ... here you go in the other direction from V7 with women like Sarah Pavan 

° mid/long length hair that realistically bends forward and down.

° normal/everyday cars

° homes/rooms that are representative of what most people have rather than the rich.

Clothing other than "sexy" ...  regular every day clothing and flat shoes for women.  Period clothing.. I'd like to see the 60s.  Similarly for cars ... reglar everyday cars from a variey of periods. One of these days a nice wooden Chris Craft inboard from the 30s or thereabouts. 

I've had ferrets for over two decades so the ... drum roll ... daz ferret - or for politicians 

• Genesis 4 /victoria 8 ? Hey, you know the super good thing about G4/V7? It is this: you'll get all the G3/V7 (and previous) for SUPER CHEAP!!! Just the last 3 month, we had for G2 chars (without glitch, I insist, it was regular sales) pro bundles for 8USD, themed bundles for 2USD, free things, super sales on items, even if they where less than 1 year old etc... For this reason (only), I'd like to see G4 ASAP cheeky

And for the record, looking behind what's already out for G3, I think that most things are covered. SO, in a business point of view (from Daz3D), I'd be the righ time to update (= new gen)

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited January 2017

I'd rather preffer that DAZ spend some more time working on Genesis 4 and make it a real improvement. The way Genesis was a real improvement compared to V4 and M4. Perhaps that they gave it time until next year or even 2019.

After all Genesis 3 felt like it was totally rushed out, not much improvement, in some cases even several steps backwards, even compared to Genesis 1 (lesser material zones, harder to work on face and body morphing and so on)

I'd rather see a real improved character with more material zones (like split arms and legs, split right and left parts when it comes to irises, members, nails and so on, split up torso, neck and head again, split upper, lower arm and hand, split legs and feet and so on). More built in options for face and body morphs, including easier assymetrics, aging, youth morphs, attached male genitals, possibilities to hide finger and toenails, vampire teeth and so on. And most of all better, more realistic expression morphs!

And also that the male and the female were released simoultaneosly and that it became easier to transform clothes and materials between them and that it also were possible to use older materials in an easier way.

Post edited by Hera on
  • I'd like more nonhuman monsters/aliens. There are some great (but old) ones in the store like Zubarra and Dinokonda and it'd be nice to see a few more released under the DAZ Originals umbrella.  And yes, I know that there are vendors creating these things on competing sites but I've had much less trouble with DAZ products than stuff bought on other sites. And double yes, I know there are an increasing number of creatures for G3 but they're all humanoid-oriented.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    jestmart said:

As a user and abuser of shaders I would like to see models built with them in mind.  This means more logical material zones and cleaner and larger UV mapping.

You're request is a contradition, just so you know.. Cleaner UVs mean (to me) that if you apply a patterned shader the center of the design will line up correctly in the center of the front and back, often times that means making the UV islands smaller than they could be if layed it out for maximum square coverage.  the ability to change the tile scale on shaders makes "larger" irrelivant anyway.  It's most ovious on trousers (even if they're otherwise properly mapped with straight edges) which take up a lot less space on the square if they're staggered but that makes the front/back seam line not line up

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

I'd love to see more handles on clothing as I'm seeing less and less of them....and wind morphs for hair and not only ones that start at the nape of the neck but back and top of the head.
     If I had these with all my hair and clothing props now I'd be over the moon.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328
    Mendoman said:

Kendall has really gotten my attention with his teasers, so I'm looking forward what he has cooking. A full weather system or something, I'm not quite sure anymore, but it's good to keep expections high smiley Also LAMH to be able handle Iray without changing it to obj first, and it's in my shopping cart immediately. If/when that happens, I hope lots of new hair products that use that.

I think ( hope ) that I have enough G3 characters/clothes already, so this year I'm more interested in utilities like Ultimate Natural Bends, pretty much anything Zev0 offers, UltraScatter and stuff like that. Also Ghost lights was a really positive surprise, so anything that makes my current library better and I'm interested.

If PAs need ideas here goes:

- I'd like to have a product that would make clothes/hair wet ( preferably different levels of wetness, from wet t-shirt contest to minor splashes ). 

- Some universal hair morph kit like Fit Control is for clothes would be really cool

- I hope Kendall's (whatever it will be ) product takes care of all the cloth simulations, but if not, then something designed for DS. I already have VWD, but it's quite unstable and crashes a lot, and anything bigger needs decimator etc. so something more stable please.

- Also if there's a nice water simulation just waiting for release, I'd really love to make waterfalls, beaches and stuff like that. Blender already has a water simulation, but it's so slow that almost anything is better.

PS: If G4 gets released this year, it has to be pretty spectacular, or support G3 line products, before I'm interested.

I believe the problem with LAMH and Iray is that Iray doesn't have a hair primitive.  That's why there is a fairly involved process in getting the two to play happily together.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited January 2017

Okay, here's my wishlist:

- Less Star Trek/Star Wars/Mass Effect-inspired items (i.e. clothing and props) and more things in line with what you'd see in Blade Runner or Guardians of the Galaxy. Basically, more lived-in, rough around the edges, and fantastical but still practical-looking.

- More skimpwear for guys. There's been a couple of things here and there recently, but I wanna see more, lmao.

- Homes/rooms that look like something a normal/middle class person could afford rather than the type of pad some Silicon Valley startup techbro could afford.

- A new dog or dogs: I'd love to see toy breeds, terriers, or big hulking dogs (like St. Bernards or Great Pyrenees) as opposed to the hunting breeds of the Millenium Dog.

- A mermaid tail for G3M. 

- A full-on figure release (i.e. like V7 or M7) based around the Middle East, Southern Asia (i.e. India, Thailand), or Native American/First Nations. Kalea and Kimo were a pleasant surprise in that we got an ethnicity that is otherwise sorely underrepesented (Pacific Islander), so it'd be great to see at least one more before Genesis 4 inevitably launches instead of another whitebread (female) character.

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

I hope the figures will be getting more realistic and my biggest wish would be a new user/vendor friendly dynamic clothing system : )

• havsm said:

Maybe if enough of us say 'no genesis 4', it won't. :)

I'm all for improvement of technology, but genesis 3 looks pretty realistic to me. Unless gen 4 does something jaw-droppingly amazing, it's not worth the compatibility slump this year (just one person's opinion of course).

Then again, if they make it highly compatible out of the gate somehow (e.g., backward compatibility with clothes, hair, skin, poses, etc.), then I'm all for it! :)

I am pretty sure Genesis 4 will be out this year. Sorry folks but I see v8 out this fall and she won't be a tomato flavored drink.

Okay, here's my wishlist:

- Less Star Trek/Star Wars/Mass Effect-inspired items (i.e. clothing and props) and more things in line with what you'd see in Blade Runner or Guardians of the Galaxy. Basically, more lived-in, rough around the edges, and fantastical but still practical-looking.

- More skimpwear for guys. There's been a couple of things here and there recently, but I wanna see more, lmao.

- Homes/rooms that look like something a normal/middle class person could afford rather than the type of pad some Silicon Valley startup techbro could afford.

- A new dog or dogs: I'd love to see toy breeds, terriers, or big hulking dogs (like St. Bernards or Great Pyrenees) as opposed to the hunting breeds of the Millenium Dog.

- A mermaid tail for G3M. 

- A full-on figure release (i.e. like V7 or M7) based around the Middle East, Southern Asia (i.e. India, Thailand), or Native American/First Nations. Kalea and Kimo were a pleasant surprise in that we got an ethnicity that is otherwise sorely underrepesented (Pacific Islander), so it'd be great to see at least one more before Genesis 4 inevitably launches instead of another whitebread (female) character.

By Native American You mean like this lol http://www.daz3d.com/anicinabe-for-genesis-3-female

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited January 2017

Keep the blended base promos as a standard, and add at least one promo of the face without the frapping makeup. I want to see what the character actually looks like.

A set of bedding with morphs that can be dialed in so you can adjust it to the size of the character it's covering. Or the pose. Covers for someone sitting in bed aren't going to extend as far down as covers for someone lying in bed.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

Sheets are 90% of why I started getting Dynamic cloth products. ;)

• By Native American You mean like this lol http://www.daz3d.com/anicinabe-for-genesis-3-female

I love RawArt's stuff, but the Anicinabe is only just one aspect of it. As Sickleyield's People of Asia/Europe/Africa sets has shown, there's always lots of variation in ethnic groups and not one character is a 'one size fits all'. But that's for another topic for another time.

JOdel said:

A set of bedding with morphs that can be dialed in so you can adjust it to the size of the character it's covering. Or the pose. Covers for someone sitting in bed aren't going to extend as far down as covers for someone lying in bed.

Thiiiiiiis. I think Aave Nainen said they used Marvelous Designer for the MFD/Hinata dress morphs they made, so I would think that maybe doing a catch-all blanket that has morphs for popular pose sets (that have lying down poses that could pass for sleep and not the 'come hither' shtick) and bed sets (like the deco/modern beds) utilizing MD might be worth looking into, especially since the dynamic system for DS is really hit-or-miss. I bought the dynamic sheet to use solely as a blanket, and it and the dynamic system in general have given me so many headaches, I've given up trying to fuss with it.

• More 1960' based fashion (aka Austin Powers)

Bring fashion back!

:)

JD

EleganceLiberty: And having more options for an ethnic group can help shove you out of doing the same subgroups over and over.

I picked up Facegen, which has 'generate random ethnic faces' options, and I was surprised how 'different' one east Asian result was from what I'd normally make. That is, I'd generally default toward very flat noses. But some Japanese have rather long noses, comparitively.

• EleganceLiberty: And having more options for an ethnic group can help shove you out of doing the same subgroups over and over.

I picked up Facegen, which has 'generate random ethnic faces' options, and I was surprised how 'different' one east Asian result was from what I'd normally make. That is, I'd generally default toward very flat noses. But some Japanese have rather long noses, comparitively.

I needed characters from some regions that aren't well represented in the DAZ universe, so I Google image searched for people from the area and used their photos in Facegen and dialed the morphs in at 80%.  Worked out pretty well.

edited January 2017

I've been doing much the same. I got a great result from Jimmy Jean-Louis and it's now one of my big feeder morphs for a variety of black characters.

I was trying to get a good shot of Australian aborigines, but it's been hard to find a good shot where they aren't mugging for the camera or covered in makeup that makes Facegen get very confused.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Time for wishes. Lets jump in this wagon. And I hope release in early 2017? May this thread also gives some ideas to Daz3D staf and PAs

So, let’s play this game with Daz3D CONTENT (no studio 5 feature wishes, no genesis 4 etc…) just content for our runtime.

I’ll engage:

• Freak 7 pro bundle. there is a huge room left here in G2 and more important G3. Those chars can be used in many ways (fantasy, sci-fi, super heroes etc...), they can have what we call in France une GUEULE (a strong face), some scary and/or strong skins and there are many good (selling) argument for them. The same goes to their outfit, wich should be kinda extrem. If daz3D is doubting about a Freak7 sale, just watch the huge success of Georges!
    • G3 transfer: an EASY TO USE and “one click transfer” TOOL to convert v4&co, G1 or G2 to G3 (actually, you need several products for the morphs and several products yet several transfers to go from V4 to G3 with not so close results to the original character)
    • DAZ Monstrosities for G3: Undead Fiend, for example was my fav. It’d be great to see him & his friends in the G3 family (with iray skin, etc…)
    • G3 creature creator: more of them, more skins.

Lmao Studio 5 and Gen 4 arent happening this year anyway so I dont know why people keep saying it will, Daz is very slow when it comes to doing anything, plus they havent said anything so it might not even exhist 

You know this how?

And after 4.9, could come 4.10, or similar, it doesn't have to be 5.0; it isn't a decimal but a seperator. And G4 could make an appearance, two years in a few months since the last, so it is possible; only Daz know, and they are usually silent about such things.

• Popping back in to support the requests for everyday cars and bedding morphs, and to add a request for iray HDRIs with distant hills/mountains and skies. I'd love to see an HDRI scene photographed from the same spot several times over the course of the day to show movement of the sun.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Okay, I'm going to ask for for it...

I want mocap/posing system that works inside DS.  Poser 11 Pro and iClone already have ones that work with the kinect, the latter of which aready works with Genesis 1-3, and mcasual's got a DS script for kinect that's in beta.  Wonderful!  But what about one for HANDS that works with a Leap?   

Also, there's a script I use called Breast Jig by lola 69 over at Rendo (same artist who makes DynCreator).  Basically, you make two or three simple choices in the menu and it calculates the effects gravity should have on any female character's breasts and then applies it for either a still frame or an animation sequence.  Like the mcasual's stareatcam and lookatcam scripts, it's a tremendous timesaver and usually does a better job than I can do by eye.  So, I'd like to see an upgrade to this that also applies motion, and not just for breasts, but also other soft anatomy parts like male bits.. Or is there another script out there already that can do this?