DAZ installed a lot of V4 stuff in a folder called local user, how to get it out?

Hi, I've been posting as to where poses, expressions and other V4 product (including renderosity product) has gone to.  Well, DAZ studio decided it was going to put it all in a directory called local user.  How do I get it out of there and make sure it winds up in it's proper place in the program?  Any info appreciated.

Comments

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Don't use Connect to install them. Connect automatically checks for file changes and it "fixes" them on its own. So download with DIM or manually if you want to customize the folders.

• Thanks, I'll do that.

• After doing a "scan folder for known files" and doing a refresh, reloading the program a couple of times, DAZ studio finally started putting stuff in the right places.  It's still also in local user folder, but now, other folders have appeared.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    tradivoro said:

After doing a "scan folder for known files" and doing a refresh, reloading the program a couple of times, DAZ studio finally started putting stuff in the right places.  It's still also in local user folder, but now, other folders have appeared.

I'm glad you've got it figured out. I also recommend using Custom Categories to help you orginize and find stuff easier (if you have the time, as creating custom categories and orginizing your items that way can be pretty time consuming at first - but once you do it, it makes it loads easier to find stuff). :)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

That is not an actual folder it is created by the database, get out of Smart Content and work with the Content Library pane for older content.

• tradivoro said:

After doing a "scan folder for known files" and doing a refresh, reloading the program a couple of times, DAZ studio finally started putting stuff in the right places.  It's still also in local user folder, but now, other folders have appeared.

I'm glad you've got it figured out. I also recommend using Custom Categories to help you orginize and find stuff easier (if you have the time, as creating custom categories and orginizing your items that way can be pretty time consuming at first - but once you do it, it makes it loads easier to find stuff). :)

Thanks Divamakeup, I will definitely look into that, sounds like way to keep things much more organized.

• jestmart said:

That is not an actual folder it is created by the database, get out of Smart Content and work with the Content Library pane for older content.

Thanks Jestmaster, I did that..