The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2013

if you want to change the file extension, you can do it in a DOS window.

or, there's a free utility out there called Notepad++
    supposedly it has a renaming feature.

in the old DOS days you could use wild characters to rename partial file names, it doesn't work anymore :(

dos.jpg
    632 x 164 - 19K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Hey, when did Vue grow particles?!!?! :bug: :bug: :bug:

Was just over at E-On pricing Vue, and noticed that Complete now has a fancy particle system!!!

I want to play with creating and animating environments and Vue looks to be a decent solution. In theory it (used to) work with Poser, as well. I don't see any mention of PPro 2012 comparability on the E-On site, just up to Poser 8.. hmmph. Not a deal-breaker.

*deep thought, smoke comes out of ears*

Vue got particle effects like rain and snow with version 11. Apprently you can get a fairly decent effect straight out of the box by using the "Rain Primitive" object, with options for further custimization.

Me thinks this will make the Rain Ecosystem object in the Cornucopia3D store obsolete now ;)
    (It faked rain by scattering a bunch of very thin cylinders IIRC)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Sleepy lazy draggy!

Ugh it was SO HARD to pose this thing's hindlegs. They refused to move in any other direction other than forward and back. Yeah, I know the legs aren't as flexible as the arms, but even I CAN DO things with my legs this dragon couldn't. >_<</p>

After an hour of frustration I just applied a pose from the Millennium Dragon 2 and *poof* it had achieved what I couldn't >_<<br /> Wasn't perfect, but it had accomplished more than I could. It actually resembles my dog when it's laying down :O

I just wish I could have had the thighs pointed upward so the feet would be flat on the ground but noooooo the rigging didn't want me to do that... So the leg and ankle would intersect with the dragon's abdomen, which is not good. So, I had to go with this.

aww. he looks kinda furry. does he like chin scr'chs? or will he eat me if i try to pet him? :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Rezca said:

Was just over at E-On pricing Vue, and noticed that Complete now has a fancy particle system!!!

I want to play with creating and animating environments and Vue looks to be a decent solution. In theory it (used to) work with Poser, as well. I don't see any mention of PPro 2012 comparability on the E-On site, just up to Poser 8.. hmmph. Not a deal-breaker.

Vue got particle effects like rain and snow with version 11. Apprently you can get a fairly decent effect straight out of the box by using the "Rain Primitive" object, with options for further custimization.

Me thinks this will make the Rain Ecosystem object in the Cornucopia3D store obsolete now ;)

I'm sorely tempted! At $599, for Vue 11 Complete, it's more-or-less affordable and I'd quit whining about how all the environments for Poser are icky (lol)! :ahhh:

It'd be next month, so no rush, I can worry myself into an ulcer about it for a while... :gulp: :blank:

*edit* OMG E-On takes Paypal now! :ahhh: :gulp:

Post edited by Woolyloach on
    edited December 1969

@Misty: Yeah he likes chin scratches =)

@Wooly: Oh they do? That's neat to hear :D

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

OMG did you se.. Oohhh Shiney!!!

Oooo-shiney.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 276K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    @Misty: Yeah he likes chin scratches =)

@Wooly: Oh they do? That's neat to hear :D

My bank account thinks it's not so great... :-P %-P ;-)

I need an i7 system with more than 8GB first, though. I want one big machine to dedicate to media creation, then my tablet PC for writing and media consumption, and a backup in case one dies.

I want this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152366

Maybe in March or April.. sigh.. :down:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

If you want to get the most from your money try this place. You build your own system down to the brand names that go into it. I've gotten 2 computers from there and haven't had a bit of trouble and their support is great.
    http://www.computerlx.com/

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    If you want to get the most from your money try this place. You build your own system down to the brand names that go into it. I've gotten 2 computers from there and haven't had a bit of trouble and their support is great.

Cool! Those are MASSIVE cases, though - I pretty much need small and light in case I end up moving for a new job if (when) this contract ends. :-S

Gonna poke around that site anyway, just in case. Thanks! :)

*edit* Built a nice system for $1450, but the sucker is HUGE. :bug: I'll have to measure, I know I have room for a 17in. laptop... :-S

edited December 1969

You pick the case you want.

edited December 1969

cheezitts

sigh

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

I'm sorely tempted! At $599, for Vue 11 Complete, it's more-or-less affordable and I'd quit whining about how all the environments for Poser are icky (lol)! :ahhh:

It'd be next month, so no rush, I can worry myself into an ulcer about it for a while... :gulp: :blank:

A warning for you Wooly - Vue eats RAM and CPU like it's going out of style (>_<). I'd definitely recommend some serious grunt before shelling out the shekels (unless it's a time-limited Special Deal sort of thing, which you can invest in until you get the h/w to run it smoothly).</p>

Having said that, I've run it with "fairly simple" scenes (single foreground character posed in DS and exported to Vue, and a simple ecosystem foresty sort of backdrop), on a 4G WinXP 32-bit machine, and although the display chugs a bit (can you handle <1fps screen update while moving cameras about? X), it does get there in the end. ymmv v(^_^)v.</p>

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited January 2013

in the old DOS days you could use wild characters to rename partial file names, it doesn't work anymore :(

If you're changing extensions in the current directory, you can do it with a bit more typing:
    for %n in ( *.pp2 ) do @ren %n %~nn.cr2

(that can also be extended to traverse the directory tree recursively (ie for all files in all subfolders of the current one), by adding a "/r" just after the for - use with caution!)
    Post edited by M F M on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

@Jade
    Dude did you get covered in snow/power out? (crosses fingers)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

A little bit of >:(

your-cards.jpg
    420 x 294 - 34K
    aggravation_stop_pushing_my_buttons_postcard-p239639565846619908envli_400.jpg
    400 x 400 - 35K
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Rezca said:

A warning for you Wooly - Vue eats RAM and CPU like it's going out of style (>_<). I'd definitely recommend some serious grunt before shelling out the shekels (unless it's a time-limited Special Deal sort of thing, which you can invest in until you get the h/w to run it smoothly).</p>

Having said that, I've run it with "fairly simple" scenes (single foreground character posed in DS and exported to Vue, and a simple ecosystem foresty sort of backdrop), on a 4G WinXP 32-bit machine, and although the display chugs a bit (can you handle <1fps screen update while moving cameras about? X), it does get there in the end. ymmv v(^_^)v.</div>

My current main machine is a Core i5 system with 6GB of RAM, to be upgraded to 8GB this weekend. It's just the Intel HD3000 graphics, but it supports OpenGL 3.x and works pretty darn good in PPro 2012.. I'm also running Wiun7 Home Premium, 64-bit.

I have to think about this now.. I should just wait until I have a killer machine.. :blank: :blank:

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Cooler today and a bit of a breeze and overcast, as if it might rain sometime :)

edited January 2013

Spent the last few hours shading this handsome hydra.
    http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4745924/

"anybody is allowed to colored it. I do want to see the result though! So you can only use it if you let me know and show the result."

I think this is my best shading work, and booooy is it time consuming XD
    But I feel like a real artist now doing this X3

1288992549_bw.jpg
    906 x 1280 - 355K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Spent the last few hours shading this handsome hydra.
    http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4745924/
    "anybody is allowed to colored it. I do want to see the result though! So you can only use it if you let me know and show the result."

I think this is my best shading work yet o3o
    And booooy is it time consuming XD

Yes nice :)

edited December 1969

M F M said:

If you're changing extensions in the current directory, you can do it with a bit more typing:
    for %n in ( *.pp2 ) do @ren %n %~nn.cr2

(that can also be extended to traverse the directory tree recursively (ie for all files in all subfolders of the current one), by adding a "/r" just after the for - use with caution!)

what if you wanted to ... y'know all those pz2 files that are like: neonred_p5.pz2/neonred_p5.png
    -is there a for/do that can remove the _p5 from the file names?
    t'would be fantastx!

or removing the first three characters from the file names? :happydance:

edited December 1969

tomorrow is Friday. no one to play canasta with me. or Uno. or coofahray. :(

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

there's been a disturbance in the Q continuum. those Q are ornery. not as ornery as pervects. D-hoppers to the bazaar ... oh, i can't remember the name of the dimension to the bazaar. cheezitts

edited December 1969

there's something i don't understand, well ... one of the somethings.

i keep the thermostat in my apt at the same temperature all winter. so, whyyy does it feel so much colder inside when it's like 20F outside. shouldn't inside feel the same no matter the cold outside?

i'm shivering under my blankets.

it doesn't make logics?

edited December 1969

tomorrow is Friday. no one to play canasta with me. or Uno. or coofahray. :(

Long time since I played canasta :)

edited January 2013

there's something i don't understand, well ... one of the somethings.

i keep the thermostat in my apt at the same temperature all winter. so, whyyy does it feel so much colder inside when it's like 20F outside. shouldn't inside feel the same no matter the cold outside?

i'm shivering under my blankets.

it doesn't make logics?

Room temp is always approaching or receding from the number on a thermostat, getting warmer or getting cooler and never in equilibrium for long. Is a basic problem in fuzzy logic Fuzzy logic never makes much sense in the moment, is all about deltas over time :)

Eta why did the autocomplete mistake seance for sense?

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

cause some people think its a good idea for machine to think for us

edited December 1969
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Cool! Those are MASSIVE cases, though - I pretty much need small and light in case I end up moving for a new job if (when) this contract ends. :-S

Gonna poke around that site anyway, just in case. Thanks! :)

*edit* Built a nice system for $1450, but the sucker is HUGE. :bug: I'll have to measure, I know I have room for a 17in. laptop... :-S

...the two benefits of a large case are more breathing room for the components inside (which translates to improved cooling - important for rendering) and easier to get inside to work on things (especially nice when you have clumsy arthritic hands like I have).

I have an Antec P-193 which is very large that has five fans and eleven drive bays. It is surprisingly whisper quiet and even has a separate compartment (with it's own fan) for the PSU to isolate it from the rest of the innards.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

...they have to perfect it for the transmission of matter. I would love to at the end of the workday ring up "Scotty" and ask him to "Beam me home".

This discussion has been closed.