The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

whining to myself, doan wanna turn 50 and still be trudging through the ice and rain and sleet. haven't heard anything from the dayjob about not signing the form that says they can give away my personal information.

i ordered the first season of Castle. sounds like it'll be fun to watch. no point on starting a new budget before the new year. :cheese:

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WOOLY STATUS UPDATE

As Annie noted, I'm pretty much moved into my temporary place.

Who is Annie? I think I missed her post.

Thanks for the update. I never heard of a circuit breaker catching fire before. What is ironic is that the circuit breaker is supposed to prevent electrical accidents. Glad you are safe now. Talk to you later.

Bye

Based on what I've heard so far, Dishonorable Housemate literally hammered at the darn thing, causing internal arcing and overheating due to busted parts touching. With the fire damage it's hard to tell., but that's the latest passed on to me from the electrician.

Feh.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Rezca said:
    One thing I liked about Cinema when I first started using it was the manual built in. Right click on virtually anything, any setting or dial that you can adjust, and it brings up the subject in the help manual, often with images accompanying it.

Ooh and pretty render by the way =)

Ahh that's another thing, is that Cinema's UV Mapping tools and model painting tools are quite old. Better than Carrara's by an immense amount, but quite a ways behind Modo.

my biggest gripe right now with Modo is the default viewport camera does not point at 0,0,0 but else where, hoping there is a setting to fix that, manual is 1800+ pages...

Well it's a tiny "feature" but in Cinema you can modify a scene as you wish (Set the render engine to Vray, or Physical Render, or have a 3-Point Light setup already in place, etc) then save it as ( new.c4d ) and place it in the C4D directory. After this, every new 'default' scene will be exactly as that - Including custom render settings and any objects or cameras that may be in there.
    New Cameras by default are automatically positioned to whatever view you are in currently (Perspective only I think.)

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Rareth said:
    Rezca said:
    One thing I liked about Cinema when I first started using it was the manual built in. Right click on virtually anything, any setting or dial that you can adjust, and it brings up the subject in the help manual, often with images accompanying it.

Ahh that's another thing, is that Cinema's UV Mapping tools and model painting tools are quite old. Better than Carrara's by an immense amount, but quite a ways behind Modo.

my biggest gripe right now with Modo is the default viewport camera does not point at 0,0,0 but else where, hoping there is a setting to fix that, manual is 1800+ pages...

Well it's a tiny "feature" but in Cinema you can modify a scene as you wish (Set the render engine to Vray, or Physical Render, or have a 3-Point Light setup already in place, etc) then save it as ( new.c4d ) and place it in the C4D directory. After this, every new 'default' scene will be exactly as that - Including custom render settings and any objects or cameras that may be in there.
    New Cameras by default are automatically positioned to whatever view you are in currently (Perspective only I think.)

I can do the same thing in Bryce

edited December 1969

haz to learn the best picture pixels for Kindle.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

WOOLY STATUS UPDATE

Thanks for the update. I never heard of a circuit breaker catching fire before. What is ironic is that the circuit breaker is supposed to prevent electrical accidents. Glad you are safe now. Talk to you later.

Bye

Based on what I've heard so far, Dishonorable Housemate literally hammered at the darn thing, causing internal arcing and overheating due to busted parts touching. With the fire damage it's hard to tell., but that's the latest passed on to me from the electrician.

Feh.
    LOL!! Happy your all set, mostly. So hope Dishonorable gets whats fully coming him.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

WOOLY STATUS UPDATE

Bye

Feh.

Sounds like it could have been much worse *hugs* Still, bad enough you have all the turmoil of moving, and the awful smells to wash out :)

edited December 1969

whining to myself, doan wanna turn 50 and still be trudging through the ice and rain and sleet. haven't heard anything from the dayjob about not signing the form that says they can give away my personal information.

i ordered the first season of Castle. sounds like it'll be fun to watch. no point on starting a new budget before the new year. :cheese:

*hugs* Ice and rain sound very uncomfortable :)

edited December 1969

Morning. Is raining here :)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Rezca said:

Select the camera and hold the control key down, you will be able to select a target for the camera to point at :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rareth said:
    Rezca said:

Select the camera and hold the control key down, you will be able to select a target for the camera to point at :)

select an object off the list and hit a or shift A will pretty much do the same thing, I found out.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

WOOLY STATUS UPDATE

Bye

Back in the 70s contractors here in Austin were using some very bad breaker boxes. They caused lots of fires and were put on the alert-replace list. This being Texas, our leaders tend to ignore anything the Feds say. When we needed a bigger box about 10 years ago, my son who works for an electric supply company looked at it and discovered that we had one of the nasty ones. We promptly replaced ours, but there is no telling how many are still installed around the US. I wish I could remember the manufacturer and details, but it's been too long ago.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,028
    edited December 2012

@starionwolf
    AtticAnne is Annie. I think.

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

another Modo test render this time with just stock items, I just played around with render settings..

coffee-tea-milk.JPG
    720 x 480 - 128K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    @starionwolf
    AtticAnne is Annie. I think.

That's what I assumed... unless there's a lurker Annie out there? o.0...
    edited December 1969

Going to try to drop a new video card into the oldest (2006) Mac Pro today, pity me

ATI.jpg
    1000 x 554 - 61K
    edited December 1969

Photoshop kept crashing while I was trying to apply the Film Grain filter... But I emerged victorious in the end! D=<</p>

Meet my raptors o3o
    The raptor on the left is distracted, and the others are all like "Yeah photo time!! Cheese!"
    While the left raptor is all fidgety. There's always one in every photo...

From left to right:
    The fidgety one - Lucas
    The sinister one - Kayric
    The prideful one - Alexander

raptorscraps_12___introductions.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 119K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Yep, I'm also called Annie (and Mom and Grandma and Anne and hey you).

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Photoshop kept crashing while I was trying to apply the Film Grain filter... But I emerged victorious in the end! D=<</p>

Meet my raptors o3o
    The raptor on the left is distracted, and the others are all like "Yeah photo time!! Cheese!"
    While the left raptor is all fidgety. There's always one in every photo...

From left to right:
    The fidgety one - Lucas
    The sinister one - Kayric
    The prideful one - Alexander

Yay love the Dinos

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

@Ps1: new toy? Chrissie prezzie? or just upgrading an old warhorse with some new colours? :)

@Misty: another snowbikini candidate just got released at RMP by Santuziy78... not sure how DS-friendly it is (but I don't think that'll make any difference for you?). Will report anon <(^_^).</p>

The entire 3Dream+Mairy hair catalogue is 50% off for another few hours... as is a bunch of CJ-Studio genesis smoothing morphs... >_<.</p>

edited December 1969

Well, ended up with 1 birthdays and 2 Christmases worth of iTunes GC's, so I'm cashing them in for the latest version of FCPro and FX and compressor. I needed an Open CL compatible video card in the oldest Intel Mac to run those. The ATI 5770 card suits the bandwidth of the early Mac Pros so it didn't cost arms and legs, ordered yesterday morning it arrived before 10 today phew lightning quick. Dramas getting the old card out, there is a small plastic spring clip on the slot that needed more coercion than seems necessary to disengage. New card dropped in the slot without fuss, and passed the smoke test - so far, so good :)

edited December 1969

@Rareth: Thanks =)

Also did a render for somebody to show the throat of this dinosaur.
    Vray instead of Mental Ray for two reasons:
    -The dino's polycount goes way over the Demo's restriction
    -I needed a much higher resolution than just 800x600

ANyway.... Is pretty much the ONLY model of Swidhelm's that I can actually use because it doesn't have anything that makes it Poser-Only.
    That I know of anyway... PWRof3D (The user I'm trying to introduce to the forums ^_^; ) only uses DS, and wants to know if this works in that... I don't have D|S or Poser, so I can't say :P

Left, no postwork (Raw Vray render)
    Right, postwork =)

dat_trex_maw.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 940K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    @Rareth: Thanks =)

Also did a render for somebody to show the throat of this dinosaur.
    Vray instead of Mental Ray for two reasons:
    -The dino's polycount goes way over the Demo's restriction
    -I needed a much higher resolution than just 800x600

ANyway.... Is pretty much the ONLY model of Swidhelm's that I can actually use because it doesn't have anything that makes it Poser-Only.
    That I know of anyway... PWRof3D (The user I'm trying to introduce to the forums ^_^; ) only uses DS, and wants to know if this works in that... I don't have D|S or Poser, so I can't say :P

Left, no postwork (Raw Vray render)
    Right, postwork =)

well I know I can use the Poser Dino's in D|S so there is that.. here I have one I can show you..

DinoBattle.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 986K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

*hugs* Ice and rain sound very uncomfortable :)

mean ole sky throwing lil ouchie ice pellets

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    @Ps1: new toy? Chrissie prezzie? or just upgrading an old warhorse with some new colours? :)

@Misty: another snowbikini candidate just got released at RMP by Santuziy78... not sure how DS-friendly it is (but I don't think that'll make any difference for you?). Will report anon <(^_^).</p>

The entire 3Dream+Mairy hair catalogue is 50% off for another few hours... as is a bunch of CJ-Studio genesis smoothing morphs... >_<.</div>

ice ice baby ... did i just quote Vanilla Ice? gaaaaahhh where's the brain bleach

edited December 1969

Ice Baby?

snowbunny.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 625K
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Ice Baby?

wondering if she has anything to do with the melting ice? :)

edited December 1969

complaint - fail, fail, fail the dragon cave holiday cooking

edited December 1969

tee hee hee - woah noooes http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=77673
    "eat me". omgee. "bite me" wouldn't sound so ... fatalistic

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Ice Baby?

wondering if she has anything to do with the melting ice? :)

Reminds me of ice melting in a Tequila Sunrise :)

This discussion has been closed.