How reduce vertex count in Daz Studio for iport into Sculptris

zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018

I am trying to use an existing OBJ file as a basis for Sculptris. When I try to load the OBJ file into Sculptris I get the error:
Too Many Connections to a Vertex (max 24)

Is there any way that I can get this count reduced so that I may use in Sculptris? I'm also not exactly sure what a Connection to a Vertex is.

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

From what I've read Sculptris is very fussy about how a mesh was made, too many polygons meeting at the same point (vertex) will generate this error when you try to load a mesh.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Since my initial post I have been trying to research further. I found that I needed to decimate. Of course, this loses a lot of detail. But, by decimating I did get to a point where the next error told me Too Many Triangles Connected to an Edge.
    Being a 100% noob, I do not even know enough about the meaning of these terms to know how to proceed.
    I did load a copy of Hexagon. I can import the object into Hexagon. But, I do not know how to use Hexagon and it does not seem as simple as the Grab ability I was learning to enjoy in Sculptris.
    I have been looking for tutorials and the online documentation. But there are so many bad links that it has become frustrating.
    I was just now trying to see if I could dform in daz, but I cannot make the image take the appearance that I was hoping to achieve.
    I did also try to triangulate in Hex, but no help.
    I guess my biggest drawbacks are that I do not know how to model and my sculpting looks a lot like my stick figure drawing. This is why I have been having so much fun using Daz. I'm just hoping to learn more so that I can begin making the images more like I actually want rather than just the cookie cutter mold of using everyone else's products.
    I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me directly on this issue.
    But, please do provide what help you can offer.