Genesis clothing not fitting to Genesis

I've been a Poser user for many years and am struggling to learn DS. I keep getting stuck on simple problems, like this one. I tried applying these roller skates to Genesis, and the toes stuck out. I tried right clicking and choosing 'fit to Genesis', but that had no effect. I figured I'd just use the old standby solution and make the feet invisible - and look what happened - there are indentations where the hidden foot is!! This is Genesis content applied to Genesis, so shouldn't it just conform to the model automatically?  It doesn't make sense. Can someone offer a solution or tell me where I may have gone wrong? thanks

foot-problem.jpg
732 x 464 - 24K

Comments

• Which product is this and which Genesis figure are you trying to put the skates onto?  Maybe someone has it that can see if they have the same problem.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Are those skates the ones that come with the Girl 7 Pro Bundle? If so that is your problem. You need one of those 'autofit' products but i'm not sure which, maybe 'Wear Them All'

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Often with shoes, there's a pose for a figure's feet because foot poke-through is a thing, even in DAZ Studio, even with autofit, even with clothes made for that particular figure.  Depending on the product, the foot pose might be in a weird place -- look in the figure/pose folder.  (If you use smart content, it will probably be in the product's folder.)  Otherwise, do what we all did in Poser -- hide the figure's feet!  laugh  (In the scene tab, expand the figure's body parts, find the feet, and click the little eye icon next to it.)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Also, if you own the body morph kits you can scale the feet to be smaller.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567
    edited December 2016

Yeah, but if fitted to, then the skates/shoes will shrink also in most cases

Without knowing the product, it's harder to help.

If for genesis 1, then if you are a PC member this product has skates and is only $1.99 as an alternative

http://www.daz3d.com/carhop-for-genesis-female

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • Also, if you own the body morph kits you can scale the feet to be smaller.

Open the morph's Parameter Settings and turn off AutoFollow (assuming it is a morph and not a transform).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567

Open the morph's Parameter Settings and turn off AutoFollow (assuming it is a morph and not a transform).

Cool, learn something new daily around here, thanks!