Official Young Teens 5 Render thread

124»

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,830
    edited December 1969

jarm said:
    Gen4 and Genesis booking into a hotel

These are all great, jarm. Although I have to wonder if the kids in the first pick are arguing about who has to dispose of the dead body on the mattress behind them. ;P
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,830
    edited December 1969

And another Julie P3Design hybrid, this time using PD Kumi. I've been wanting to do something with this pose every since I got the YT Pro Bundle, and she was GOING to be reading the diary that came with Canary 3D's angst poses... except C3D pulled them back from the store before I could get it for her. How sad. :(

PD_Kumi_-_Julie_merge.jpg
    1600 x 960 - 406K
  • edited January 2013

Thought I'd throw my hat in here and try a render or two myself.

Justin_3.jpg
    1039 x 913 - 730K
    Justin_2.jpg
    1039 x 913 - 526K
    Justin_1.jpg
    1033 x 913 - 506K
    Post edited by noobiam4u2_1bb68512bb on
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited February 2013

Late to this, but I was ill for 3 weeks with the flu :-S

Inspired by my brother's adorable twins :lol:

Odd bundle for YT 5, Metal Madness

Rendered with Reality 2.5 and LuxRender 1.1. , sharpen more filter in PS.

Title : "He said, She said"

He_said_She_said_smaller.png
    1500 x 1500 - 4M
    Post edited by 3dLux on
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

Late to this, but I was ill for 3 weeks with the flu :-S

Inspired by my brother's adorable twins :lol:

Odd bundle for YT 5, Metal Madness

Rendered with Reality 2.5 and LuxRender 1.1. , sharpen more filter in PS.

Title : "He said, She said"

That's fantastic—I love it. The only problem is I now have to buy that bundle!
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

That's fantastic—I love it. The only problem is I now have to buy that bundle!

Thank you so much Hiro :cheese: March Madness is just around the corner.... :lol::-P

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    edited February 2013

...a little more work with my Leela, this time with the teeth fixed and my own lighting.

...used a bit more of Sadie and Princess to rework her delicate physique.

...also played around with collision detection fitting the hoodie over the pullover.

...love April's Paxton hair, was almost made to order for her.

As to the longer fingers, perfect for her as she plays the piano (and in the story does so extremely well)

leela_5_test.jpg
    600 x 848 - 303K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

...Leela's "bestest" friend, Tracey

teen_5_tracey_B_lights.jpg
    600 x 848 - 314K
  • PhlokiPhloki Posts: 6
    edited December 2015

Thought this thread could do with a bump! Awesome renders so far, would like to see more, and here's one of mine rendered in Octane

Post edited by Phloki on
  • 4blueyes4blueyes Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

jiggamain said:
    Justin+Dryden+Hiro 5 = Billy!!!!:-)

Pardon my tardiness, I'm rarely frequenting the forums, but WOW what a great character! I'm really happy the shirt worked for it, seeing renders like this makes it all worthwhile :)

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

It's getting to be Spring Time which always reminds me of camping. :)

Camping.jpg
    1832 x 915 - 1M
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Where'd you get the tent?

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Where'd you get the tent?

The tent is from:

http://www.daz3d.com/happy-camper-essentials

I also have this:

http://www.daz3d.com/comfy-camper-essentials

edited December 1969

Silver Dancer

Used Julie with BotGenesis head & mats.

silver_dancer2.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 370K
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited March 2013

Student nurse Julie, rushing to an emergency. Male M3Dia morphs, Oscarsson's Prison Jumpsuit with my color choice. ID badge and stethoscope from Poserworld.

Nurse_Juli2.png
    800 x 600 - 497K
    Post edited by nobody1954 on
  • daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited March 2013

There are some great renders in this thread! :)

I've been playing with M5 dynamic clothes this week, and right away I noticed that they don't really work on anyone but a full height Michael figure. However, after getting more familiar with the settings, I discovered that some interesting things could happen. So, I set up Aaron/Justin with a subdivided plane and went to work with collisions and draping. Once I got a drape that seemed workable, I exported to Blender and used its sculpting tools to fix the inevitable polygon creases and unwanted mesh intersections. So, here are my results...

aaron4.jpg
    1024 x 1920 - 344K
    aaron3.jpg
    1024 x 1920 - 348K
    Post edited by daveleitz on
    edited December 1969

That is the main issue with the dynamic clothing for DAZ Studio; they do not scale at all. In order to get a proper fit for figures other than the one the clothing was designed for is to scale the figure to fit the clothing. Of course that means everything else in the scene has to be scaled accordingly. Or you export the draped clothing as an OBJ & re import & scale to fit your (unscaled) figure.

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    That is the main issue with the dynamic clothing for DAZ Studio; they do not scale at all. In order to get a proper fit for figures other than the one the clothing was designed for is to scale the figure to fit the clothing. Of course that means everything else in the scene has to be scaled accordingly. Or you export the draped clothing as an OBJ & re import & scale to fit your (unscaled) figure.

Yes, I figured out the figure scaling trick after I had tried and tried again to make it work. In my renders above, though, neither the figure nor the clothes are scaled. I was tempted at one point to use Blender's cloth simulation. There's even a brand new video tutorial at Blender Cookie on cloth sims. In the end, I just decided to go with the DS cloth sim and apply fixes in Blender. Anyway, I like the way that the dynamic clothes don't fit, at least in this pose. The figure and clothes were exported with Casual's mcjTeleBlender script (Freepository forum). I used my own custom node groups for materials.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:

...thank you for the warning. So much for the Dynamic Kimono I purchased a while back. Kelly is only 4'11".

Back to hoping and wishing again that someone will make a fitted one.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Well, if you have the full Dynamic Control plugin (not the free basic one that installs with D|S), you do get extra tabs one of which gives you controls to scale dynamic cloth down. There are limits, though, and with something complicated like that kimono it might take a while to get a reasonable-looking drape. Difficult, but not (quite!) impossible.

edited March 2013

...unfortunately didn't pick the plugin up when it came out since I found that the sim usually choked on my old 32 bit system even with something as basic as the Jeans & T Shirt as it would run out of memory.

Unless it goes on sale (like 50% off without having to purchase anything else), probably wont have it for a while as I was laid off from my job the other week.

The only fitted one I know of here at Daz is for the Gen2 figures which are not supported by GenX.

The only other option would be to get cracking with Marvelous Designer and create one myself. It'll take a lot of work, but then, I have a lot of time on my hands now.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

..OK back to the topic.

Here's one of my little Leela I did the other night.

She can be such a little goddess when she wants to.

Leela_godess.jpg
    600 x 848 - 329K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,962
    edited March 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...unfortunately didn't pick the plugin up when it came out since I found that the sim usually choked on my old 32 bit system even with something as basic as the Jeans & T Shirt as it would run out of memory.

Unless it goes on sale (like 50% off without having to purchase anything else), probably wont have it for a while as I was laid off from my job the other week.

The only fitted one I know of here at Daz is for the Gen2 figures which are not supported by GenX.

The only other option would be to get cracking with Marvelous Designer and create one myself. It'll take a lot of work, but then, I have a lot of time on my hands now.

I read somewhere that Blender has a cloth simulation ,it's free .......now if I can find the thread I read that in ........

edit to smack myself in the head ....it was this thread I read it in .....I need to go to bed .....

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

...I have the latest version of Blender (64 bit) and it is scheduled to go on the new rig after Carrara is installed.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,503
    edited March 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

it's not for genesis but Lyrra has a lovely kimono for V4 and M4- 2 diff kinds too, simple and long sleeved, and a hakama too. :) the sleeves would make it difficult to convert to genesis. i tried with the A3 kimono and hakama and just mangled the sleeves.. maybe if i learn to rig someday. or if someone updated the old lovely kimono for V3 and A3 that used to be sold at poser pros.

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
    edited December 1969

...yeah, long loose sleeves and skirts don't do well with autofit at all . There has been other clothing content revised for Genesis. Hopefully if there is enough interest (or more than a few of us make enough noise), someone might do the same for the V3/SP3 one.

edited December 1969

...OK another YT5 drop.

Leela's friend Tracey, all dolled up for a very special day.

tracey_goddess.jpg
    600 x 848 - 336K
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Kid, you have a real feel for the teens. And it looks like the Teens have been a hit and I hope the clothes etc keep coming out.

Here Julie has just found Frogkin and has promised to listen to his story.

Lisa's creepy tree, ferns, some vines, some leaves. Added some rocks and a round plane from Traveler's Microcosm to cover the ground. Don't remember where the lantern came from. Probably a DM set somewhere. Oh, Julie is wearing Elvin Warrior.

JulieFindsFrogkin.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 264K
    edited December 1969

...thank you, and really nice work there.

I spent 3 years years at working to create a teen character from the basic V4 as there were no dedicated Gen4 teen models. Thorne/Sarsa gave me the first piece with their Tommi Character, but it was Jamminwolf with his Tindra Thompson along with Steph4 and the NPMs which really helped me push the basic V4 beyond what I ever thought possible.

The Young Teens 5, well, they are an absolute godsend.

This is Tracey, and the earlier posts are Leela, the way I always envisioned them.

Indeed, they are the creators of "the most beautiful characters".

...and I have a lot of their fey characters as well.