construction-worker-outfit-for-GENESIS 2!!!!!!!!-and-genesis-3-male-s

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Yay LOL. We luvz teh sexeh!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

The main reason I'm getting it. I still loves the G2 boys (as well as the G3 boys). LOL

Laurie

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Bought it. Because it works with G2M. Wouldn't have bought it if it didn't.

Now when will we see a G2F version? With real work clothing, not skimpwear?

(No, I truly am never satisfied)

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082

When I saw it's for G2M, it was an instant buy. Hooray! :) Well, not yet, I haven't checked out yet, but you get the idea. :) It's always nice to see G2 supported.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

village people? smiley

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

I would be buying this. It's in my cart, but I don't believe the advertised discounts are correct, so it may just have to stay there for now. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

I suspect it'd adapt easily to G2F, provided you have the tools to avoid boob clingage as usual (or made sure to avoid autofit for things like the vest)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,579

...picked it up as well.  Been wanting an outfit like this for a while (now my Rosie the Construction Worker character can have a couple assistants).  With the Christmas Day bonus, the additional 20% Holiday Rewards bonus, and my PC coupon, cost me only 99¢.  Almost like the old days.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

This was an insta-buy for me. Thanks!

• This was an instant buy for me too, and I am very happy with the product, but I am having a slight problem :

I am running Studio 4.8 and for some reason the Construction Worker Tool Belt With Tools, and the Construction Worker Tool Belt for G3m crash Daz Studio. This does not happen with the same props for G2m. They load fine....BUT....when the G2m tool belt with tools is fitted to G3m, the tools disappear.This is easily corrected by going into 'props' and clicking on 'parented' and choosing the Construction Worker Tools Preloaded option.

So there is a workaround, but strange why for me, one Tool Belt (g2m) works in Studio 4.8 but the G3m doesn't. Maybe the rigging or something in the G3m tool belt has different fit parameters, and not right for Daz Studio 4.8.

The PA 'The3DWizard had a similar thing happen with his JeanZ product which I believe, if I remember correctly was due to a rigging issue when fitting to G3m.

As I am using an older version of  Daz Studio I don't see this as a real issue as I have a workaround, but wonder if any other Studio 4.8 users are finding the same things happen.

smiley

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847

I purchased it because it is has a real world and poractical look to it.

•  Musicplayer, you could do what I do and install the beta for Genesis 3 and iray, I use 4.7 otherwise!!!!!

simply because 4.7 plays better for rigging duf stuff and adding morphs to duf stuff I want to be able to use in Carrara, but yeah a lot of the newer stuff is odd in it esp Genesis 3 and dual quartamitjingygingy  but since that is incompatible with Carrara anyway not a big issue.

• This was an instant buy for me too, and I am very happy with the product, but I am having a slight problem :

I am running Studio 4.8 and for some reason the Construction Worker Tool Belt With Tools, and the Construction Worker Tool Belt for G3m crash Daz Studio. This does not happen with the same props for G2m. They load fine....BUT....when the G2m tool belt with tools is fitted to G3m, the tools disappear.This is easily corrected by going into 'props' and clicking on 'parented' and choosing the Construction Worker Tools Preloaded option.

So there is a workaround, but strange why for me, one Tool Belt (g2m) works in Studio 4.8 but the G3m doesn't. Maybe the rigging or something in the G3m tool belt has different fit parameters, and not right for Daz Studio 4.8.

The PA 'The3DWizard had a similar thing happen with his JeanZ product which I believe, if I remember correctly was due to a rigging issue when fitting to G3m.

As I am using an older version of  Daz Studio I don't see this as a real issue as I have a workaround, but wonder if any other Studio 4.8 users are finding the same things happen.

smiley

I am glad to find out that I am not the only 4.8 user having issue with the G3M Tool Belt. Thanks for the workaround insight.

Ended up buying it, will experiment with using it on G2F when I wrap what I'm doing right now. ;)

The fact that it's construction vest AND helmet AND boots AND another good pair of jeans AND tools...

Plus getting a figure free with it, well worth $7. (I think it may have glitched out a buck or two off, but whatever)

...aww bugger totally missed the thing about the freebie with a new purchase. .

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Whenever I see an outfit that works for both G2 and G3, it instantly gets my attention. I somehow overlooked this one was for both, so I am glad I came across this thread! And thank you to the PAs for keeping in mind those who still use G2 and putting in the extra effort to support them.

kyoto kid said:

...aww bugger totally missed the thing about the freebie with a new purchase. .

Check with Customer service. You know how good they are!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

I got it because @the3Ddigit got it.... and it can be used in Carrara cool

edited December 2016

It fits G3F easily enough, with enough collision iterations to the vest. (Except for the gloves, I couldn't get them to work at all) But the hard hat is actually too small, a real hard hat sits a bit further from the skull in all dimensions.
    When I increased the scale, WOO-HOO, wild ride on the distortion express! I think it's haunted.
    I just wish hairs came with a "hat" morph.

And no safety man that I've ever met would ignore the position of the hammer or the BAW (Big *** Wrench). A backwards fall could cause a serious injury, even damage to the spinal cord. You never wear anything in the small of your back like that.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • Stezza said:

I got it because @the3Ddigit got it.... and it can be used in Carrara cool

a vid I did loading everything in Carrara

only I forgot to remove the hat

edited December 2016

Hard hat should probably not be fitted anyway, IMO.

Here's my attempt at fitting G2M one to G2F. Normally I'd just use G2M and apply female morphs, and probably not fit the vest but just place/scale it. But attempted to do what I could with regular fitting. (I DID adjust some stuff with Hidden parameters)

If nothing else, I'm REALLY happy to have the jeans and boots. The boots are a common style I didn't have at all.

Construction Worker.png
    667 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Oso3D on
  • The reason I purchased it is because it goes well with the pre-existing G3F set, which was made by one of the same PAs who's responsible for this:

http://www.daz3d.com/tool-girl-for-genesis-3-female-s

Anyone interested in a G3F counterpart, just click there. A texture expansion also exists.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Hard hat should probably not be fitted anyway, IMO.

Here's my attempt at fitting G2M one to G2F. Normally I'd just use G2M and apply female morphs, and probably not fit the vest but just place/scale it. But attempted to do what I could with regular fitting. (I DID adjust some stuff with Hidden parameters)

If nothing else, I'm REALLY happy to have the jeans and boots. The boots are a common style I didn't have at all.

Thanks, the outfit is better than it looked in the ad copy in your renders and that looks like the new Santa from Smay.

Petercat said:

It fits G3F easily enough, with enough collision iterations to the vest. (Except for the gloves, I couldn't get them to work at all) But the hard hat is actually too small, a real hard hat sits a bit further from the skull in all dimensions.
    When I increased the scale, WOO-HOO, wild ride on the distortion express! I think it's haunted.
    I just wish hairs came with a "hat" morph.

And no safety man that I've ever met would ignore the position of the hammer or the BAW (Big *** Wrench). A backwards fall could cause a serious injury, even damage to the spinal cord. You never wear anything in the small of your back like that.

..a better way to deal with the helmet is manually fit and parent it to the head.  That way you can rescale it without distortion.

Is there ay way to reposition the pockets on the tool belt? (haven't worked with this yet as I am wrangling with hair density in Iray in another scene).

• I got it and my freebie figure as well. With the props it comes with it's an awesome deal. One problem though is I noticed I don't have much construction equipment. Couldn't believe I didn't have a dumptruck for a render I wanted to do. Guess it's time for more shopping...

• I think we need to make a concerted effort to support artists who do Genesis 2 content as the general consensus seems to be Genesis 3 stuff sells so thats all the Premier Artists want to rig.

While a lot of stuff will autofit there is much that really needs its own rigging and set up too esp sets like this that load many parented props.

Putting our money where our mouth is, is the only way support will continue.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

I got it and my freebie figure as well. With the props it comes with it's an awesome deal. One problem though is I noticed I don't have much construction equipment. Couldn't believe I didn't have a dumptruck for a render I wanted to do. Guess it's time for more shopping...

There are several "working vehicles" in the PC+ collection.

• JOdel said:

I got it and my freebie figure as well. With the props it comes with it's an awesome deal. One problem though is I noticed I don't have much construction equipment. Couldn't believe I didn't have a dumptruck for a render I wanted to do. Guess it's time for more shopping...

There are several "working vehicles" in the PC+ collection.

I've got most. The excavator, loader, forklift, etc. It's why I was surprised not to have a dumptruck. Maybe someone can make a dump box for the 1930's army truck.

• Here's my conversion to G2F.  I loaded Sumiko, and then just autofit the entire Construction Worker outfit.  When prompted, I'd select Designed For: Genesis 2 Male and then the appropriate article of clothing.  I left it as G2M/None for both belts.  I used Hat & hair Helper for the hair as it needs a LOT of work.  Looking it over, everything looked good.  The only poke through I noticed was on the tips of the fingernails.  All in all, it seems to convert extremely well!

Excellent product!!!

Construction - G2F.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Stryder87 said:

Here's my conversion to G2F.  I loaded Sumiko, and then just autofit the entire Construction Worker outfit.  When prompted, I'd select Designed For: Genesis 2 Male and then the appropriate article of clothing.  I left it as G2M/None for both belts.  I used Hat & hair Helper for the hair as it needs a LOT of work.  Looking it over, everything looked good.  The only poke through I noticed was on the tips of the fingernails.  All in all, it seems to convert extremely well!

Excellent product!!!

Somehow I overlooked Hat Helper. Its wish listed now, thanks!