Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481
    edited February 2017

Here's a WIP of a new promo.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2017

A New Promo WIP: Creech Planet

This one takes our intrepid heroes  off world. I still need to fix expressions and a foot placement but I think it's coming together nicely.

• Looking forward to seeing that Creech figure as a product. Great renders too. 

Oh, and world building discussions get me listening because I'm a bit of an idealist and control freak. There's nothing like building your own world to solve all the real world problems. You might as well just call me an Armchair God and call it a day. 

Thanks for saying that,  TheFaxMisher. Creech Evolution a.k.a Creech Evo is product suite, I’ve dreamed about for a long, long time. It’s actually more than just a character. See, here’s where I have to stop myself from blabbing it all out. The Commercial Product thread will be along shortly with all the juicy details. It’s all been in testing for just under a week now. As soon as I get the go ahead from DAZ, I’ll share everything.

On the subject of world building, I’m a frustrated film maker and the guy I did a lot of my early collaboration with was a frustrated comic book writer/ sketcher. Some of his neurosis became some of my neurosis, only filtered through the medium of film. Now it’s all come full circle with the creation of 3d comics. I know these are treated as less than art by the so called, “Real” comic book artists, but I couldn’t care less what those guys think because it lets me realize my world with all the great products from DAZ and others. I love that I can take a concept from…you know something floating around inside my head, to an image, to a comic panel I can share with people all over the place instantly.  THIS is my world building obsession. The characters are probably a lot like what I’d like to see in a favorite film or web series.

I was able to hobble together a couple of issues of such a dream story, the latest of which can be viewed here. I’ve came a long  way with IRay since doing this and hope to get back into producing these when work is a little bit less hectic.

http://permanentmidnight.thecomicseries.com/comics/first/

If you do make it by there, please leave me a comment to say HI! My fragile artists ego needs encouragement.

edited February 2017

I still have a long way to go on this one, but in the interested of posting something new....

edited February 2017

OK, skin and clothing settings tweaked for that wet look. Tentacles poses refined. Dimensions changed as per Dz preference for promos and I think this one is Donesville!

Queen of The Pool

Queen of The Pool

edited February 2017

Just a supplemental angle.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love these!  Very excited that its coming soon!

Love these!  Very excited that its coming soon!

I hope to have a release date to share very soon.

Just a heads up about Creech.

• I finally caught up with this thread! Yay!  I saw the comment about threads like this not getting much action.  I have to admit that I tend to look at threads like this in batches.  I don't usually leave a lot of comments, but I do look.  I have to say that I absolutely love your Creech!  Creature from the Black Lagoon was one of my all time favorite movies as a kid and your character has certain elements that remind me of that great creature.  It's far enough away to not be exact, but close enough to remind people like me just how much we adored those old movies.  Great modeling.  

I do love your sense of story in your scenes that I love.  As I was told by a few people when I made a similar comment on my own thread, just because there isn't a lot of commenting, doesn't mean people aren't watching.  :)

I saw the coming soon thread, and am saving up my pennies lol.

edited February 2017

A few new ones. Fun with Facegen as these two characters with guns are based on my wife and an actor friend.

Breach and Clear

edited February 2017

And the latest little bit of Creech Evolution love! 

Golden Arrow

edited February 2017

Revisted this scene for a new angle and new character based on pics of a friend.

Jodi as Bastet

edited February 2017

• That's cute with the little statue!  I love the one with the cat headdress above it.

Are we sure its a statue?  Love the outfit too, I would never have thought to do it in black.  Going to use that one soon.  And which one is your wife?

Are we sure its a statue?  Love the outfit too, I would never have thought to do it in black.  Going to use that one soon.  And which one is your wife?

The one on the right. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I thought I recognized her from an earlier render but knew if I didn't ask I would be wrong lol.

Ice Dragon Art, It's the same scene file as my avatar with that character swapped out for this new one. I love that BASTET outfit, but it's not the easiest to get into natural poses. I didn't want to go through the 45 minutes of tweaking a scene like this would take starting from scratch. That Ghost Light's for IRay product helped me get this one just right.

I was actually talking about recognizing your wife lol.  She really is beautiful.  I really love both of the egyptian outfits and I believe I have both of them too.  More stuff I need to make time to render with lol.

edited February 2017

Ah, that's nice of you to say. She's better than I deserve.

I'm a sucker for Egyptian themed sets and outfits. I imagine most of them quite inaccurate historically speaking but it fascinates me nonetheless!

Post edited by Greybro on

Subtle use of the Creech Evolution hand shape in this reworking of the earlier promo.

• That's cool!  Love the hands there.

The hands are awesome, she is going to be very versatile!

I need to make some Creech toon renders!

• Greybro said:

Oh, that would be awesome!!!!

Greybro said:

Oh, that would be awesome!!!!

I am working on something just for you then. Cute and current toon action!