Greybro's Ground - A Render A Day

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481
    edited January 2017

A fun sci fi one!

Sci Fi

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Great renders!  I can tell you're having fun playing with Iray shaders.....

Great renders!  I can tell you're having fun playing with Iray shaders.....

IRay Shaders are probably my single favorite thing about Daz Studio!

edited January 2017

Nightly Feeding

I was quite literally clueless on shaders when I did this one.

edited January 2017

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321
    Greybro said:

Not so much a complaint as an observation. My thread along with many other render a day type threads is not very popular.

The one thing with a render a day thread is,  you're doing it to develop your own skills,  Sure it'd be nice if  people stopped by and commented,  but even if they don't,  you'll get better with each render you work on.  You've got some great imaginative images in here.   Can't wait to see what you'll be producing in a month or two.  Keep it up. 

Greybro said:

Not so much a complaint as an observation. My thread along with many other render a day type threads is not very popular.

The one thing with a render a day thread is,  you're doing it to develop your own skills,  Sure it'd be nice if  people stopped by and commented,  but even if they don't,  you'll get better with each render you work on.  You've got some great imaginative images in here.   Can't wait to see what you'll be producing in a month or two.  Keep it up. 

There are legitmately periods when I make a render per day. At present these are from a long backlog of seldom seen works going back a few years. My current contract has me driving 2 hours per day and I'm in the middle of recording a new album so that puts me at about 4 hours per week to work on renders. 

edited January 2017

This is storyboard panel for one of my film scripts. 

I'll just leave this here.

CreechessPromo.jpg
    2000 x 1722 - 415K
    edited February 2017

I'll just leave this here.

Creech Evolutions for Genesis 3 Male & Female

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh my gosh the Space Yeti and the alien with the crocodiles are aweseome! 

I know what you mean sometimes it gets a bit discouraging because lets face it, one of the reason we post is to get some feedback on how we are doing.  A lot of people don't always comment but do come and have a look.  I think sometimes they feel they don't have any good advice to give or whatever.  So I keep an eye on how many people have looked as well which tends to make me feel better lol. 

Thanks Ice Dragon Art for your comments. It's not so much discouraging as that I find it an oddity that nonsensical threads get so much traction here when it's obviously an art community. There will be a big announcement on the create above coming soon hopefully. Actually, if you search for the Creech fan page you can see it today. She's part of a new product I'm submitting to Daz this week. Very exciting indeed.

edited February 2017

It's really been all about Creech Evolutuions HD for me this past month folks. Here's one more of the promos.

Oh wow, she is going to be for sale?!?  Just went and liked the fan page, she is amazing.  This will be a must have.  I am (very slowly) world building and I need characters that are monster like looking but not necessarily monsters if that makes any sense?  It looks there are some good expressions going on as well. 

Oh wow, she is going to be for sale?!?  Just went and liked the fan page, she is amazing.  This will be a must have.  I am (very slowly) world building and I need characters that are monster like looking but not necessarily monsters if that makes any sense?  It looks there are some good expressions going on as well. 

That is the idea. Of course it comes down to Daz accepting the product. As it uses the HD plugin, it has to be sold here or nowhere. It's actually a pretty unique kit in that not only does anything that fits G3M or G3F fit it, but you can also apply the morphs body part by body part if you wish. This allows for something like say, just the feet, or just the hands to be applied to another character. Tomorrow, I'll post something illustrating how this kit can be used to make monster like humans. It's actually pretty exciting stuff, at least for me.

I know what you mean about world building. The thing that prompts me to buy stuff is seeing a comic panel in my mind that maybe some day I'll want to create with it. Sometimes, I actually illustrate those ideas, but often it's just stored awat for someday.

• Greybro said:

That is the idea. Of course it comes down to Daz accepting the product. As it uses the HD plugin, it has to be sold here or nowhere. It's actually a pretty unique kit in that not only does anything that fits G3M or G3F fit it, but you can also apply the morphs body part by body part if you wish. This allows for something like say, just the feet, or just the hands to be applied to another character. Tomorrow, I'll post something illustrating how this kit can be used to make monster like humans. It's actually pretty exciting stuff, at least for me.

I know what you mean about world building. The thing that prompts me to buy stuff is seeing a comic panel in my mind that maybe some day I'll want to create with it. Sometimes, I actually illustrate those ideas, but often it's just stored awat for someday.

HD is reserved or PAs only... that's curiously strange

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

You've some of the best composed scenes I've seen in the DAZ forums or galleries. I struggle to compose any interesting scene at all, of course that's partly because my current computer couldn't handle them anyway so maybe someday.

Greybro said:

Its a really gorgeous model. 

I am actually working on rendering the various characters as I think of them. It helps me visual much better.

I've been a PA since I had a hand in a product that finally cycled out of the store.

You've some of the best composed scenes I've seen in the DAZ forums or galleries. I struggle to compose any interesting scene at all, of course that's partly because my current computer couldn't handle them anyway so maybe someday.

That's very kind of you to say.

edited February 2017

Here's a bit of a Resident Evil Tribtute. I saw the final film the series over the weekend and it's a lot rougher than this composition. LOL! I love Mila so I always go to those but her husband could really learn a lot about writing a script. I'm sad to say that even though Mila still looks great, apparently she'd aged out of being able to pull that movie fu off the way she used to. The fights scenes are composed of such quick cuts that they are really hard to follow visually. There is usually a reason when they do that.

Also, I got the rare image done with Terradome 2 here. It was a really neat product, as is the one sold here Terradome 3 for IRay. I need to make a point of using it more often. It really makes believable outdoor environments. This image reminds me of my very fond memories of RDNA. I'm really glad most of the products I picked up over there over the years have now migrated to my account here.

Resident Evil 7

Greybro said:

I am actually working on rendering the various characters as I think of them. It helps me visual much better.

I don't know about you Ice Dragon Art, but I sometimes start that way, illustrating a pre-written story and the inspiration of whatever composition I'm working with will actually reroute the story somewhere else.

• Greybro said:

It's really been all about Creech Evolutuions HD for me this past month folks. Here's one more of the promos.

Looks great! Love the details.

Greybro said:

Looks great! Love the details.

Thanks FB!

edited February 2017

Creechess Sick Bay

• Thought your textures were so much better on Creech dude...good luck with it

Greybro said:
    Greybro said:

I don't know about you Ice Dragon Art, but I sometimes start that way, illustrating a pre-written story and the inspiration of whatever composition I'm working with will actually reroute the story somewhere else.

Absolutely.  That's half the fun lol.

edited February 2017

Playing With New Things

That is very cool!

Thanks Ice Dragon Art! A very cool little product in my estimation!