shockwave W3D Exporting in Carrara 8 pro

Ok so I have my carrara 8 pro upgrade installed on both my pc and mac. Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions are installed on my mac and only the 32 bit version is installed on the pc. It looks like the pc version only allows exporting of W3D. Why is that? How come there's no such exporting feature on the mac version 32 bit or 64 bit? Thank you.

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

Hi

I don't see W3D listed in save or export formats in Carrara 8.1.1 Pro 64bit on my PC.

Which version of Carrara are you using?

Chris

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It was never available for Mac. I don't know why. I assume it made use of some PC-only library of commands... That's usually why.

Does Shockwave still exist? Ahh Director... Ahh Macromedia...

edited December 1969

Does Shockwave still exist? Ahh Director... Ahh Macromedia...

Yeah, the Good Old Days ..... There's nothing to keep a company honest like some honest competition.

Now Adobe throws you out of any upgrade path after only 2 years. I finally had to sign up for the Creative Cloud since they wanted $1000 by the end of December to upgrade to CS6, or else my CS4 license would be worth $0. They gave me $20 off the monthly Creative Cloud subscription price for one year. Thanks Adobe.

• Adobe Director 11.5 has w3d import. Apparently only pc 32 bit C8 pro offers w3d export. I was hoping to be able to have fully functional 3d models for interactive viewing on my website via shockwave.

edited December 1969

Do you need Director for any of the other functions?

• I was using Director for a multimedia class I was taking, in order to make n interactive multimedia cd. I was amazed at the similarities as Flash programming, but much more intuitive and more expansive on it's abilities to create similar and different things. It would be nice to know a program that can convert full textured animations into shockwave w3d so I can mess around with more models I created and possibly make a 3D mini game one day. I've heard director's a good program for making shockwave games, once you get familiar with the lingo and behavior codes. I saw some awesome work come out of director this past term and would like to continue tinkering with the program.