Content Portability

Argent6978Argent6978 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi everyone. I'm curious about using an external hard drive for my content storage. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can do that? I have two computers that I use DAZ Studio 4.5 on and I'm thinking I need to set up my Content Library directory in the preferences to be on the external drive and make it the same on both computers. Would that work right? Also, would I have to go back to my older saved scenes and update the skins to change the directories where the custom files are? I just want to make sure I know I'm doing it right before I mess it up. Thanks for any advice! :D

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

That will work -- make sure both systems are configured so that the external drive always gets assigned the same drive letter.

I'm not clear on your second part -- are you referring to textures you've made which aren't in one of your content folders? DS uses relative paths within a defined content folder and absolute paths for files outside your content folders, so you would need to resave those scenes with the new location.