Separated and Symetry

I want to morph two separated objects the same at the same time (in my case it is a special kind of earrings). I weld them together, made the symetrie, morph the objects and separat them again. 

Is there a easier way to creat two morphs in one step?

Comments

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215
    edited January 2017

It really depends on the details. For instance, when you say "morphs" do you mean that you will apply them as a morph in DS/Poser? If so, when you weld them, you're going to destroy the UV map, so you'll have to reapply it outside of Hex. (ie: Using something like UVMapper (free version) to save the old UVMap as a .uvs file and then import that map back into the object(s) file after you're done.  I don't know if DS attempts to preserve UV mapping or how it handles that, by the way, with different sorts of morph practices.) You may also end up resetting the vertice order, which will render one/both morphs unusable as a morph target. If so, you can, if the original earrings are separate objects, you can reapply the original vertice order using FixHexMT.py. Original thread here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/index.php?thread_id=2704761 and I've linked/posted the script in this forum, somewhere, as well. (Try a search with my user-name or fixhexmt.py and you might find it. I've probably linked it in other on-topic forums, so you can try google, too.)

I assume both earrings are simply the same geometry, except mirrored. If not, it all depends on some particulars, like if one includes added geometry, but still has mirrored geometry, and how it was done, etc.

For personal use, I'd import one earring, morph that, export that to be used as a morph target, then use the Symmetry function to duplicate the morphed geometry along the x axis, move the new object to where it needs to be, then export it to be used as an MT for the other earring, provided it was, indeed, simply a mirror of the original geometry. That may or may not work. However, if the mats/UVs of both earrings are shared, then the difference won't be noticed in this mirrored copy (should be able to be copy/pasted in your app) and you can just import it as a new object and put it where it needs to be.

PS - When making morph targets, never alter the original geometry by adding or deleting vertices. When you "weld" something, this also can cause issues with vertice reordering, which tells your program how to create your object and how to apply materials, groups, etc, since it basically creates a brand new object from the objects you have selected to be welded. Welding can also remove vertices if they occupy the same space when welded. Vertices occupying the same space are common in many DS/Poser items since vertices along Group borders are often duplicated, particulars depending upon the app and the version, IIRc.

PPS - If you're using the DS bridge, I have no idea how it handles pretty much... anything. So, I'm not qualified to comment on that. :)

Post edited by Morkonan on
  • Thank you for your information. I will try the symmetry tip. I will write if it works.