Going crazy. :/

2»

Comments

• AnatisAnatis Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

I don't have that version though.
    Don't think it's possible to get older versions. Is it?

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 2012

To pick up where we left off -- I went ahead and reinstalled DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro (4.5.1.6) with the newer 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.11_trx.exe installer; went to Edit --> Preferences --> Interface, and set "Display Optimization" from "Best" to "Better" or "None"; and found that this allows me to use DS4.5P without it crashing out every time I try to manipulate something. Interestingly, when "Display Optimization" is set to "Best", I get the "Duplicate IDs" error when loading the base Genesis figure, and with "Display Optimization" set to "Better" or "None", I don't get the error. Huh...

2012.12.20@1711: Scratch that -- DS has started throwing the "Duplicate IDs" error again. I knew it was too good to last....

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

The duplicate IDs bit is weird - please report it.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

Why are you using the starter essentials for the current beta, you should be using 1.6 for the build your using and not 1.11

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

I still haven't seen what the difference is between Starter Essentials 1.6 and 1.9... Anyone know?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    I still haven't seen what the difference is between Starter Essentials 1.6 and 1.9... Anyone know?

AFAIK they still don't have the DSON format firmly nailed down, so there are minor changes with each build, while you could probably use 1.6 safely in the current beta, you will more than likely get error messages using 1.11 in an older build of DS4.5.
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 2012

Thanks, I had tried both and didn't see any error messages (non beta version of DS) but I didn't do a thorough test of the packages... just poked around a bit. (Also, wasn't monitoring my error log.)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Gedd said:

AFAIK they still don't have the DSON format firmly nailed down, so there are minor changes with each build, while you could probably use 1.6 safely in the current beta, you will more than likely get error messages using 1.11 in an older build of DS4.5.

There are some, but I can't recall any specific ones. There are more between 1.9 and 1.11, than there are between 1.6 and 1.9. Some of the ones for 1.11 are moved files...the location of some files has been changed.

And, no using 1.6 in the current beta throws a lot of errors...mainly because of the changed file locations, but I'd imagine going the other way will throw more errors...to the point that it would probably go belly up.

edited December 2012

Bejaymac said:
    Why are you using the starter essentials for the current beta, you should be using 1.6 for the build your using and not 1.11

I haven't used the v1.11 build before, and wanted to see if there was any difference, and so far I can't tell. I can't say if anything has changed for the better, but I also certainly don't seem to be missing out on anything by using it. The v1.11 is also the newer release, having come out on December 11, where the v1.6 came out back in October. I was using the v1.9 Genesis installer with the previous 4.5.0.137 Beta, and it ran just fine, even though they weren't released together, either.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

GSE 1.9 (and I believe 1.11) do not include some of the items which more appropriately should be in the application installer -- possibly UberEnvironment?

edited December 2012

GSE 1.9 (and I believe 1.11) do not include some of the items which more appropriately should be in the application installer -- possibly UberEnvironment?

Just at a glance, I can't see that anything has been left out or added from previous installers. As far as omniFreaker's stuff goes, it still includes UberAreaLight, UberEnvironment2, SimpleSurface, UberSurface, and UberVolume. The base Genesis figure seems to have all the usual functionality, although I have noticed for the last two or three versions, that Genesis seems to have mesh smoothing turned on, even if it doesn't show so in the Parameters tab. Load Genesis and start bending its joints, and you'll see the mesh snap into place when you're done -- it didn't use to do that, as I recall. The first screenshot is of Genesis as I'm making the bend, and the second screenshot is of Genesis after I've made the bend, and you can clearly see the difference in the mesh between its transition and final pose.

Untitled2.png
    988 x 614 - 83K
    Untitled1.png
    987 x 611 - 84K