Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• I think I`ve finished playing :-)  My youngest now wants a copy for Xmas, so I consider it good.

• I think I`ve finished playing :-)  My youngest now wants a copy for Xmas, so I consider it good.

laugh

Although I think I prefer the first one, really liked the contrast;)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2020

Testing the https://www.daz3d.com/born-to-be-wild-biker-outfit-for-michael-4 on Genesis1. The original mat presets are a mess but it fits quite ok.

A Biker pp awe .png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

laugh

Although I think I prefer the first one, really liked the contrast;)

I always hate to sacrifice my colours... but in this case we were both outvoted by the tweens 'n' teens ;-)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited September 2020

The following morning Snape returns to Little Whinging accompanied by Minerva McGonagall. They explain some of the complexities involved in his situation, and how they propose to work their way around them.

Harry will remain in the Dursley's house. But his room will be modified into a self-contained space with its own entrance. The Dursleys will not notice the door to his room and he will not interact with them. Meals, cleaning and laundry will be provided by one of the Hogwarts House Elves who will be assigned to look after him, and they will be checking in on him on a daily basis.

The 2011 version just had an illo of Harry looking out the window of his new room, which didn't really advance the story much at all.

The 2020 redo:

2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 223K
    Post edited by JOdel on

While Snape is dealing with the Dursleys, and setting up a separate bank account for the child support payments which the Dursleys hae been effectively stealing from Harry for the past 10 years, Minerva is attending to configuring Harry's living space. In the course of which, Harry recieves a fine demonstration of the art of Transfiguration, and a brief course in runic warding. Harry finds runes very intresting, and something that a wizard can do without a wand.

As a finishing touch, Minerva adds a runic frieze to the walls.

The 2011 version just has Harry in the finished room. The 2020 version is more about the process.

2011.jpg
    799 x 1269 - 364K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 202K
    edited September 2020

Man-o-shark awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M

Great materials there.

• Tks:)

With Harry settled, attention is turned to the fallen state of his finances. James Potter had donated most of his fortune to the war effort, and while Harry has ample funds to see him through school, it will not take him much farther.

The Headmaster, with Professors Snape and McGonagall propose to investigate the sealed cottage where the Potters were killed. It's the old Dumbledore property, so Albus will be able to get them inside.

First there is a visit to the graveyard. Albus has his own respects to pay, in addition to the Potters.

2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    799 x 1277 - 454K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 403K

The cottage, the old Dumbledore property, was sealed by the Ministry as a memorial. But Albus has access. It is clear that the place was scoured by souvenir hunters before the Ministry sealed it. But there are some locked and warded cupboards and cabinets, and they are able to recover a number of useful housewares, as well as a real treasure consisting of Lily's wedding jewels which have been in the Potter family for centuries.

James Potter's school trunk is a fine piece of equipment and will do very well for Harry.

And then James's signet ring is dropped and rolls under the bed. Retrieving it, Snape discovers a codex bound in red leather. When he touches it, it attacks him.

2011 and 2020:

2011.jpg
    800 x 1270 - 345K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 245K
  • Just a random experiment... I don't do them often, so I thought I'd share it here :-)

Yeah playing with camera angles can do some interesting things.

• Just a random experiment... I don't do them often, so I thought I'd share it here :-)

Ahh random experiment...that's all I do:)) Nice one!

edited September 2020

A random experiment using the updated awe shaders: The Old One (Old scene modified and converted to awe, think I've posted the original in here years ago)

The Old One pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

Welp, AprilYSH's new Yarden Hair is exactly the kind of unruly, mid-length mop that I've wanted for my Harry Potter figure for years, so I'm now in the "Do it. Now do it *over*", stage of the proceedings. Having to build patches for the 20-some completed illos which have Harry in them. At least this happened now, instead of after I'd finished the project and posted it.

So, moving on; the first trip to Diagon Alley had entailed ordering a pair of new shoes for school. The following week, Snape and Harry return to get them, as well as a number of other incidental errands.

At the leatherworker's they encounter the Longbottoms.

2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    800 x 1277 - 244K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 238K

After escaping the Longottoms, the next stop is Flourish & Blotts. Harry has developed an interest in runes. There are a few other subjects that are of interest as well.

At Flourish & Blotts, they encounter the Malfoys, who invite them to join them for lunch.Snape is somewhat disgruntled, since he would have prefered not to encounter the Malfoys until Harry was a bit more prepared for wizarding ettiquette. 

At least Lucius was otherwise engaged.

2011, and 2020:

2011.jpg
    799 x 1271 - 265K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 225K
    edited October 2020

And, last on the agenda, for reasons that Professor Snape cannot fathom, Albus had insisted that they meet Hagrid at the Leaky Cauldron.

Meeting Hagrid was not a problem, but doing it at the Leaky provoked exactly the sort of celebrity mobbing that anyone would sincerely wish to avoid.

Moreover; Harry had no sooner come face-to-fact with Professor Quirrell than he screamed, clutched his scar, and fainted.

The faint did not last long. Harry woke in an upstairsd room in time to wach Hagrid making his way up the alley to Gringott's. Being followed by Professor Quirrell.

Professor Snape is very much disturbed by these developments.

2011, and 2020;

2011.jpg
    800 x 1274 - 292K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 229K
    Post edited by JOdel on
    JOdel said:

And, last on the agenda, for reasons that Professor Snape cannot fathom, Albus had insisted that they meet Hagrid at the Leaky Cauldron.

Meeting Hagrid was not a problem, but doing it at the Leaky provoked exactly the sort of celebrity mobbing that anyone would sincerely wish to avoid.

Moreover; Harry had no sooner come face-to-fact with Professor Quirrell than he screamed, clutched his scar, and fainted.

The faint did not last long. Harry woke in an upstairsd room in time to wach Hagrid making his way up the alley to Gringott's. Being followed by Professor Quirrell.

Professor Snape is very much disturbed by these developments.

2011, and 2020;

Thinking you must own a sh™tload of content by nowsurprise...

edited October 2020

Yeah, pretty much. Not quite to the level of a couple of the other regulars in the forums. But, yeah, a lot. Some of it may not ever get used, since it's Iray. I picked up a fair amount of very attracive things the first couple of years it was out, thinking that eventually I'd probably work in it. But It's very very rare that I capitulate to making the attempt. 

If there was a way to turn off the progressive rendering I'd be more willing.

Of course a lot of my content library is gen4 and earlier, and apart from attempting to convert, or autofit some of the clothing, or parent the wigs, there is really no way that I'm ever going to try to use gen3 or gen4 these days.

Sets and props from those eras, are defiinitely still in service.

Post edited by JOdel on

Lunch with the Malfoys in Diagon Aley was followed by a formal invitation to dinner at the Manor. Actually, an afternoon visit cumulating in dinner. Lucius is clearly looking toward options which would benefit the Malfoys.

Harry had never seen peacocks befre, and had thought they were nore, er, colorful.

I had to do without the peacocks in 2011.

2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    797 x 1266 - 360K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 341K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Here is one I did outta da box trying some new ideas !

Another repost from my awe thread: If you are the big tree...

And, winding up volume 1 of 'The Best Revenge', one of the highlights of the visit to Malfoy Manor was a tutorial in flying. 

Lucius Malfoy turns out to be a very good flying instructor.

Harry finds he loves to fly. And so ends volume 1.

2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    798 x 1271 - 227K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 358K

Apparently I've got a bit of covid blues, got to get it out;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

Been trying to learn how to use instances I think I am getting better at it and wanted to use some stuff I got from the PC+ sales in July plus learning 3Delight lighting!

I used AoA lighting, 3Delight rendering, no postwork and tried out Instancing!

...this reminds me of adverts for Fred Meyer, a regional market chain here in the Northwest.  I wonder if their ad dept is using Daz and he Toon Generations.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited October 2020

Nice biker pic, Sven.. 

Here's some of mine..

Testing the https://www.daz3d.com/born-to-be-wild-biker-outfit-for-michael-4 on Genesis1. The original mat presets are a mess but it fits quite ok.

heavenly_blues_wip_2_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    heavenly_blues_wip_2_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    heavenly_blues_wip_2_5.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on
    hacsart said:

Nice biker pic, Sven.. 

Here's some of mine..

Sweet! And such nice character & outfit:) 

This discussion has been closed.