Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited July 2020

"The Cloud Whisperer"

Cloud Whisperer pp awe.png
    2400 x 1800 - 5M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • That's really unique, Sven!  How did you do the head/hair?

That's really unique, Sven!  How did you do the head/hair?

I made an asymetrical morph using dForce, so body proportions are all messed up:) Dialed in just a tiny bit of it. The hair is Garibaldi, with the aweHair shader, the rest is aweSurface per usual:)

edited July 2020

Orbiting

Orbiting awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • Inspired by Aeon Soul's retired-but-not-forgotten outfit, Hear No Evil...

Inspired by Aeon Soul's retired-but-not-forgotten outfit, Hear No Evil...

Very cool:) And...have to say I love the Steambike:)

• Inspired by Aeon Soul's retired-but-not-forgotten outfit, Hear No Evil...

Very cool:) And...have to say I love the Steambike:)

It did kind of end up center stage... I am pleased that I finally got the blur function to work in Daz - I tried once, with rather confusing instructions several years ago and gave up.  Then I found a 4-line instruction list on a Youtube tutorial, and there it was, easy as pie!

Yep, I've always wondered why I don't see more motion blur, especially for action renders...I guess not everybody is comfortable using the timeline?

• I`ve used the timeline many times before, for the draping of the Optitex clothing... painful memories! :-D   It was so easy this time, I don`t know why it was impossible before.  Bad instructions, maybe?  I suspect some people just don't even know about it.  Weirdly, when I tried to render my picture, it went beautifully - except the main figure vanished!  CLothing was there, hair, everything, but Genesis was gone - it was so bizarre!  In the end I rendered the blurred sections separately with the spot render and just layered them on in PS.  The main render was fine, so I can't imagine what was glitched.

Hmm, I've seen this behaviour if the Genesis figure is static, that is it's keyframed only on frame 0. It still happens if I forget to turn MB off, and render a static scene.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Fashion Shoot

edited August 2020

...just a bit of playing with tonemapping in GIMP...trying to improve my rather non existant post processing skillsblush

Lake view awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Lake view pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited August 2020

...and here we have The Great Leader Of The Galactic Empire, taking some time off...

Quality Time awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • Perfect framing! ;-)

• Now I feel like I'm spamming - two in a week!  Just trying to finish bits and pieces so I can put them aside...

edited August 2020

Perfect framing! ;-)

Well, it's not taken down yet, so...smiley

Now I feel like I'm spamming - two in a week!  Just trying to finish bits and pieces so I can put them aside...

Nice one! And nice shader- and postwork! My bathtub scene was a real struggle, I've aborted the final render twice, at 30% done and 17h rendering. Had to use progressive (more noise), rendered in 9 h. No idea why, it's a fairly simple thing...anyway now I can put that one aside although still not happy with the result...couple of artefacts etc...

People keep on spamming, it's so inspiring to see your workssmiley

• Spamming?  Here?

I enjoy seeing your work, too - I pop in to the Awe thread now and again, just to see what you all are up to on that side of the 3DL spectrum!  17 hours got you 30%?  Gulp!  Pretty sure my poor box would melt down in this heat!  I've been trying very hard to keep my rendering times down and infrequent, because I can hear my fan struggling :-P

Heh, had to replace my laptop fan some time ago, it's been doing a lot of heavy (and probably idiotic) awe testing since...it's a Macbook 2012 with 4GB RAM and a tiny processor. I bought it secondhand from a friend, still working but it is painfully slow. Still handles AoA renders beautifully though:) My main rig is not the fastest either, a simple awe scene is maybe 15 min, one of those indoor SF scenes with lots of emissives probably 5-10 hours, I tend to render those overnight, but once in a while I make something that just won't cooperate. Like the above bathtub scene...oh well, still a steep learning curve I guess, hoping that the next awe update will make certain things a bit easiersmiley

• I've burned out two laptops with Daz, one catastophically.  I have a desktop now, and it will just have to last :-)  I used to be a Mac-kid, but I moved away from it as Daz became my main hobby of choice.

I admire you for running daring tests on your laptop, though :-)  I always mean to play and experiment, but usually as I figure something out I start getting picky and everything becomes a picture to be finished.

edited August 2020

...anyway now I can put that one aside although still not happy with the result...couple of artefacts etc...

angryTurned out I made the Nr 1 Noob Mistake rendering the bathtub scene. I actually woke up one night and knew what the problem wassurprise, gamma settings had mysteriously reset to the default 1 with correction off. LOL nothing I did in the scene made any sense. Re-render in the pipelinefrown...

edited August 2020

I admire you for running daring tests on your laptop, though :-)  I always mean to play and experiment, but usually as I figure something out I start getting picky and everything becomes a picture to be finished.

That's what makes you an artist:)) You see, I also get picky, but can't really finish anything, just lose interest and decide it's time to move on. Anyways, here's the raw re-render with proper gamma settings. Onwards! laugh

Quality Time2 awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • I admire you for running daring tests on your laptop, though :-)  I always mean to play and experiment, but usually as I figure something out I start getting picky and everything becomes a picture to be finished.

That's what makes you an artist:)) You see, I also get picky, but can't really finish anything, just lose interest and decide it's time to move on. Anyways, here's the raw re-render with proper gamma settings. Onwards! laugh

I am not an artist, just a compulsive hobbyist and RPG'er :-) 

Now, you just need to put a few ripples around the ducky and his midsection and some drips off his arm... :-D

• Whereas I got stuck trying to use the SimeTenero Shape Re-Projector... let it run for two days, before giving up.  Have to figure a different way to do what I had in my head, I guess... or wait to be distracted by a different notion. 

Now, you just need to put a few ripples around the ducky and his midsection and some drips off his arm... :-D

Yeah...wait...I mean absolutely NOTlaugh

Whereas I got stuck trying to use the SimeTenero Shape Re-Projector... let it run for two days, before giving up.  Have to figure a different way to do what I had in my head, I guess... or wait to be distracted by a different notion. 

Two days?? I've had it on my wishlist for some time, another one I'd like to play around with is Fluidos, just noticed it's Mac compatible now, and has 3DL presets, but, in times like these, awaiting some heavy sales;)

• Well, then...

For Sven.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

Well, then...

Sweeet:)) The soap looks so cool:D

• My kids loved your ducky :-)  It was fun to play with someone else's stuff - even if I felt compelled to add grunge around the waterline, because I haven't faced a tub that shiny in many years... :-D

My kids loved your ducky :-) 

Happy to hear that:)

It was fun to play with someone else's stuff

See...got you sidetracked after alldevil...and now I'm trying to figure out how to make the macro wet maps for Genesis 1 to work in a PBR work flow...probably won't shorten my rendertimes haha.

- even if I felt compelled to add grunge around the waterline, because I haven't faced a tub that shiny in many years... :-D

LOL I get your point! Yeah I'm not much of a post worker (and on top of that, very lazy), I would rather edit or create maps and do it in render, my postwork is typically limited to tonemapping, levels and maybe adding bloom, flares etc. Very happy to see a demonstration of proper postwork, tks again:)

• MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959
    edited August 2020

I don't know about proper... there's those people doing canvasses, and masks, and I just blink and go, "What, now?"    I usually edit maps as much as feasible before whipping out the paintbrushes, it's a point of pride, and things look better if they are in the render to receive light and shadow properly.  Sometimes I do add something after that I could have added in Daz, but it didn't occur to me, like the birds in this

Post edited by Misselthwaite on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited August 2020

A little bit of 3Delight NPR

Kiber_station_toon02.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
This discussion has been closed.