Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2017

Ok, first time ever trying to post an image onto these forums, fingers crossed.

Got myself the reflective radiance the other day, a lot of trial and error, anyway here is my first completed render using it:

png
    png
    Traveller in Time.png
    3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited August 2017

Err... clicking the attachment opens the full image but how do I get it to show bigger?

With the max width 800 pixels?

• Err... clicking the attachment opens the full image but how do I get it to show bigger?

You need to copy the link for the page with the open attachment.

Err... clicking the attachment opens the full image but how do I get it to show bigger?

You need to copy the link for the page with the open attachment.

Thank you Richard!

edited August 2017

Another one:

Soulmates.png
    1800 x 1013 - 3M
    edited August 2017

I am having all kind of troubles, click attach a file, image uploads but is scaled down to thumbnail size, why?

When I hoover the mouse over it it says it is 3.2 Mb, then I rightclick to open image it opens as a thumbnail.

Give up for now, over and out

edited August 2017

I am having all kind of troubles, click attach a file, image uploads but is scaled down to thumbnail size, why?

When I hoover the mouse over it it says it is 3.2 Mb, then I rightclick to open image it opens as a thumbnail.

Give up for now, over and out

Ok so it works now, must have been a glitch.

Might aswell try another one while it works lol:

Love you too!.png
    1800 x 1350 - 4M
    edited August 2017

A couple of my M4 characters:

In the warehouse.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
    edited August 2017

Some pix I found on my laptop rendered with DS4.7:

Orbit.png
    1190 x 645 - 577K
    Wrong address.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    edited August 2017

This forums sofware driving me nuts, when I click edit it opens the first image in the post, cannot do anything...

Need some straps.png
    1200 x 675 - 896K
    edited August 2017

Hard hitting fella.png
    1200 x 675 - 1M
    edited August 2017

Early morning.png
    1800 x 1013 - 2M
    edited August 2017

The point of no return.png
    1300 x 731 - 1M
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited August 2017

I think I'm getting the hang of Iray rendering. Here is my latest. A 1937 Cord 812 on a DT HDRI backgraound. Full sphere with HDRI sunlight straightup overhead like 12:00 (notice the shadow is right under the car). The brighness sets Tom2099s Bahama Blue shader off just right. One hour bake. 

1937Cord812Iray1.jpg
    989 x 881 - 711K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    music2u4u said:

I think I'm getting the hang of Iray rendering. Here is my latest. A 1937 Cord 812 on a DT HDRI backgraound. Full sphere with HDRI sunlight straightup overhead like 12:00 (notice the shadow is right under the car). The brighness sets Tom2099s Bahama Blue shader off just right. One hour bake. 

Hi Music, yeah it´s a really nice render, but if you don´t mind me saying it you posted in the wrong thread, this is for 3DL renders onlywink

edited August 2017

Desmond in trouble.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited August 2017

Meet Vlad, the kind vampire, clearly into Bach and stuff:

Vlad jamming away.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited August 2017

Vlad meets Marlene 1.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited August 2017

Vld meets Marlene 2.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
    edited August 2017

Vlad meets Marlene 3.png
    1800 x 1012 - 3M
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Some awesome renders you've got there, Sven Dullah =) I like the gig scenes especially, very atmospheric =) what did you imagine them to play?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,589
    edited August 2017

...couldn't quote the actual post as something kept fouling up with the formatting, however, that is a pretty impressive group of M4s there.  How long did that take to render?

Oh, and where did you find the Organ for the series of Vlad pics?

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Some awesome renders you've got there, Sven Dullah =) I like the gig scenes especially, very atmospheric =) what did you imagine them to play?

Thank you Mustakettu for your kind words, and thank you for all the very useful information you´ve shared in different threadssmiley, couldn´t have done

without it!

Guess I had some ZZ Top type straight forward rock´n roll in mind, was about to make a music video but couldn´t find the much needed guitar straps

so put it on ice.

Started touring with a band as a teenager, lasted for nearly 20 years, after that I´ve been working in my own recording studio (50+ now), so tried to capture

a typical small venue scenario, the kind of place where you are very close to the audience which I love as a musicianwink

kyoto kid said:

...couldn't quote the actual post as something kept fouling up with the formatting, however, that is a pretty impressive group of M4s there.  How long did that take to render?

Oh, and where did you find the Organ for the series of Vlad pics?

Can´t recall the render time but I´d say close to 30 hours on a Mac pro 2012 with 4Gb RAM lol (may it rest in peace)

https://www.daz3d.com/the-organ

I think a got it as a freebie or christmas giveaway, nice set, rigged keys and everything,I probably used some 3DL metal shaders on the ornaments and pipes.

And IIRC a combination of AoA lights and Uberarea lights.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Thank you Mustakettu for your kind words, and thank you for all the very useful information you´ve shared in different threadssmiley, couldn´t have done

without it!

Guess I had some ZZ Top type straight forward rock´n roll in mind, was about to make a music video but couldn´t find the much needed guitar straps

so put it on ice.

Started touring with a band as a teenager, lasted for nearly 20 years, after that I´ve been working in my own recording studio (50+ now), so tried to capture a typical small venue scenario, the kind of place where you are very close to the audience which I love as a musicianwink

You're most welcome! blush

Wow, that sounds like a dream career =) Yeah, small venues are great from the audience PoV as well. At least that's what I think.

There is this free strap BTW: https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjstrap - it looks pretty cool, though it does require manual positioning which is tiime-consuming the first time around.

You're most welcome! blush

Wow, that sounds like a dream career =) Yeah, small venues are great from the audience PoV as well. At least that's what I think.

There is this free strap BTW: https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjstrap - it looks pretty cool, though it does require manual positioning which is tiime-consuming the first time around.

Yeah well ups and downs for sure haha, I have had the privilage to get to work with some great peronalities to say the least.

Thanks for the tip, downloaded the strap and will see how it works!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

In Iray I can more easily pull the plug when it's good enough, in 3DL it forces me to plan better and wait for completion. I love 3DL for a lot of stuff, but this makes me NUTTY.

• In Iray I can more easily pull the plug when it's good enough, in 3DL it forces me to plan better and wait for completion. I love 3DL for a lot of stuff, but this makes me NUTTY.

Does DAZ 4.9 have spot rendering for you to check out a small section you are not sure about before rendering the whole scene? Version 3 and 4.6 still have that.
  • edited August 2017
    I'm not back yet, just catching up on some forum pages. The last ten pages in this have some wonderful renders. Keep it up.

Iray renders can be posted to Show us your iray renders in the Commons section.

If it is an iray render that is used as part of a 3Delight render, it is okay here but mention what was done. i.e. it is my background image.

If it an iray only item that was somehow rendered in 3Delight, or converted to 3Delight, let me (us) know how it was done.

I have about 3000 daz and poser items but there are a few iray items sitting in my wish list that would be so cool if I could render in 3delight or luxrender via Reality.

Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Sure, but I mean more like quality thing.

Progressive renders in 3 passes.

Iray kind of does dozens to thousands of passes, so you can cleanly go 'eh, good enough' and stop it. I prefer that.

(but I prefer plenty with 3dl, so)

This discussion has been closed.