Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    DireBunny said:
    I had to check if i was using the aoa volume lights at first because i have had that effect happen with them like in the attached pic here

Great volumetric effects in this one! Are there many lights or do the rays come from one light through geometry?

that was just one aoa spotlight and an ambient light

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...love those AoA lights. Simple to use and quick rendering compared to UE.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

Well.. seeing as all my renders are in 3DL.. I guess I'll join in with a few of my keepers..

How's this?

conan_crypt_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    hacsart said:

Well.. seeing as all my renders are in 3DL.. I guess I'll join in with a few of my keepers..

How's this?

Very nice! Love the cobwebs, very well-done!

-- Walt Sterdan

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

great light there and, yes the cobwebs are cool

edited May 2017

Thanks.. Cobwebs are simply a dynamic sheet with a web texture with appropriate opacity template.. Here's another:

GIS_Sigma2_stellar_6.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on
    hacsart said:

Thanks.. Cobwebs are simply a dynamic sheet with a web texture with appropriate opacity template.. Here's another:

that is actually an Idea I never had...clever!

I never really used all the GIS material I have, but there is a lot of nice things coming with that, well done!

Thanks!  Here's one more I never posted anywhere (actually I have not really shared too many of my renders until now, I guess)

warzone_2_corrected.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 839K
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Very cool renders, hacsart! Are the settings fanart or your original ones?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Linwelly said:

I will put my horse here as well, just because I love the way it turned out, no postwork

This looks great! (and yes, I am wayyyy behind lol, you guys are too fast!)

dracorn said:

Here's my SciFi using the 3DL version of Dominator and Digivault Stardome.  I prepped a NASA pic of NGC 5189 and loaded into the stardome.  I added a whole lotta point lights to mimic emissive lighting on the ship, and a little extra glow in postwork. 

Here's the first version:

Here's a version after applying some Nix filters:

Wow! Those are amazing!  I remember seeing this in the gallery and thought it was stunning.  Very nicely done.  :)

Linwelly said:

here is my latest 3delight render with linear workflow for gamma correction, there is postwork as well though

I really hate snakes!  This one startled me with how good the snake looks.  The whole image is great.

I'm stealing the double renders post because I think these are both really great.  Pretty sure I commented on each of your threads but just in case, I really like these!

DireBunny said:

This was just a quick one just because i was bored and in between projects. Ok but the thing that got me was if you look down in the left corner it looks like light beams or something, and i'm like ? the hell did that happen. took a look at what i had in the scene and found i forgot to delete a fire prop complete with somke that wouldn't have been seen, and it was the smoke right in front of the camera giving it that look.

This is gorgeous.  And the smoke actually looks really good, looks more like a godray than smoke.

Just did this one yesterday.

Spooky!

edited May 2017

Well, if you mean what was used to make the render, then most of it comes from stuff from Daz.. The crypt scene was inspired by the Conan movies and novels, and the Foreign Legion scene was inspired by folks I knew and some experiences. Most of the others are just dieas that took shape in one form or another

Post edited by hacsart on

...disappointed that the scene I was working on was corrupted.  Hate starting all over again especailly after placing all the lights just right.

hacsart said:

Well, if you mean what was used to make the render, then most of it comes from stuff from Daz.. The crypt scene was inspired by the Conan movies and novels, and the Foreign Legion scene was inspired by folks I knew and some experiences. Most of the others are just dieas that took shape in one form or another

I meant the inspiration. Thanks for explaining! I'm always jealous (in a good way) of those who have those "just ideas" =)

Well. to be honest, there are times when I won't get a scene rendered for a week or two, simply because I haven;t thought of a thing to render. The inspiration can come from anywhere, a memory, reading something, seeing something, or juts an "AHA" moment.. One of the scenes I did lately was inspired by playing with the light sets in Marshian's RR3 product, saw the way the light fell and that kicked off an idea..  

This one was inspired by memories of where I grew up...

sidestreet_1_4.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 2M
    hacsart said:

This looks like a lovely place to grow up!

hacsart said:

Well. to be honest, there are times when I won't get a scene rendered for a week or two, simply because I haven;t thought of a thing to render. The inspiration can come from anywhere, a memory, reading something, seeing something, or juts an "AHA" moment.. One of the scenes I did lately was inspired by playing with the light sets in Marshian's RR3 product, saw the way the light fell and that kicked off an idea..  

A week is not that long if you ask me =)

It's always so cool to read about those moments when people get inspired "just playing" with some content, it never really happens to me so this sort of thing fascinates me =)

hacsart said:

So much detail! All those little stories. Amazing =)

To be 100% accurate, that scene is more like the back streets  the next town over where a few of my mates lived.. Spent a fair bit of time around there, though..

Hascart that backstreed looks lovely!

here is my latest, made for the SB3 render competition, made a 3delight skin this time

• That looks great and non-noob to me @ajb2k3_b3c1506f1c.  I like it very much!

Thanks you for looking.

here's another new one..

nyc_streets_base_caddy_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M

...nice.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited May 2017

Here is one I did recently to test out a new set I got from one of Daz Freebies!!!

Titled: Searching For The Light

Searching for the Light.png
    2318 x 1854 - 6M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    hacsart said:

here's another new one..

Very nice setting with thsi one! Great work getting all the right items together, nice mood as well, me likes!

Here is one I did recently to test out a new set I got from one of Daz Freebies!!!

I collected that set as well, seems a lot of options but I admit all my attempts to integrate it into a render failed so far, so this looks very good with that glimpse of what is behind!

hacsart said:

here's another new one..

This is brilliant. The cat could've used some LAMH/Garibaldi kinda fur, but other than that, everything is perfect.

Oh my, MFD and Shigi hair, now that's vintage.

And for the benefit of non-PC members, what is this set? It's probably as old but I don't recognise it.

This discussion has been closed.