Is it allowed to use G3M/G3F morphs to partially dial characters that I plan to sell in Daz store?

According to the description of: Malachai for Genesis 3 Male, the artist used a combination of Hexagon and G3M, merchant resources and Michael 7 morphs to come up with the shape. Can aspiring PA also use G3M or any other core characters morphs to dial the base shape of a new character and sell it in the Daz store? Thans in advance!

Post edited by l_riefkohl_ferrer_1923365ed0 on

Comments

• Yes, but you don't include them in the actual moprh, instead you link them (via ERC Freeze) to your morph, so that setting it both sets your own sculpting and turns up the needed add-on morphs (as long as the user has those). You create the moprh by exporting the figure (or bridging to ZBrush or Hexagon), at base resolution, with the morphs you want to use set, sculpting, then loading via Morph Loader Pro/returning over the bridge and enabling Reverse Deformations to strip out all the changes that were already in the mesh, leaving just your adjustments.

• Yes, but you don't include them in the actual moprh, instead you link them (via ERC Freeze) to your morph, so that setting it both sets your own sculpting and turns up the needed add-on morphs (as long as the user has those). You create the moprh by exporting the figure (or bridging to ZBrush or Hexagon), at base resolution, with the morphs you want to use set, sculpting, then loading via Morph Loader Pro/returning over the bridge and enabling Reverse Deformations to strip out all the changes that were already in the mesh, leaving just your adjustments.

Sounds difficult for my skill level. Can you point me to a tutorial?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

It is actually simple, but just need to know morph loader pro (or any bridge app) option, and how it work., and set ERC correctly.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/packaging/tutorials/saving_morphs/start#saving_your_morphs

you only need to keep it mind,,,untill set ERC,

import your sculpted morph target (made by any arication)  keep  selecting the sculpt base shape Figure  (which you mixed in daz studio, with other product morph controller, not add your sculpting)  to  daz studio,  with "reverse defomation option".  not return sculpt base sahpe to zero morphed base shape, when import your morph target.

Then generate "delta morph," and "controller"  from "sculpt base shape."

if you do not use the "reverse defomation"  option, morph loader should generate "delta moprhs" from "default genesis3 male" (zero base shape).. then it include delta which you not sculpt, but other product offered delta. .then enve though Customer not buy other  products which used for "sculpt base" ,  we can see your desigend (sculpted) shape.

As Customer side, I often feel, about many New character made from another product characters,   Do the vendor really need to use another Character morphs to make the shape?  

They can deform those  base character shape much, they have skill enough, then  why need to Use another Character, not only use default genesis3 male, with already offered morphs as sculpt base?  

I think it is because,, DAZ request, or DAZ recommend,, to sell those Morphs mixed with another character to ensure  User  buy not only your product,but buy those character you mixed.    (usually it should be DAZ original new characters with version number)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I pay less for a character that requires me to buy other morph packs - even if I own them already. Meaning they go in my wish list (wish list items more often don't get bought.). If the product doesn't say it requires them, then I return the item; I don't recall that happening at Daz. If it requires the use of extra morphs, then I'm paying more for less, or paying twice for something - that is how I look at it.

The exception is when they use a partial dial from another genesis series character Aiko7, Viccy 7 etc.

The other exception, is where the PA states that it is only required for one morph as it does some particular 'thing'.