Has anyone found a way to get Facial A-Hairness to work in Daz?

I REALLY hope someone has figured out how to get Facial A-Hairness to work in Daz. Anyone? Maybe as a quick cheat for LAMH, even?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

What is not working?  According to the promos they are props. 

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,777

They say poser only. And when the product was on the old site, I actually messaged them before buying and they confirmed it didn't work in daz, but not why. So I'm hoping someone here has had success with it in daz. If so, I'm buying it.

• its Poser hair

if you own both Poser and hair convertor off share CG you can export a prop but its like steel wool.

I technically own poser, but have never gotten past opening the program. It's too foreign to me.

Guess I have to keep waiting for really good daz beards.

Thanks for the help.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314

I had this product before returning it, as I could not get it to work in DS. As stated above, it is Poser dynamic hair, however I found a free app that converted this into an obj that could be imported into DS. However, even with this the result looked no where near as good as in Poser, so I returned it.

There are however some good alternative beards with mesh hair in DS, that do look pretty good imho. My favourite is Mec4D's Unshaven 2 for Genesis 2.

• You could also try http://www.daz3d.com/whiskers-for-genesis-3-male-s it's a bit on the expensive side but has lots of options and is for g3, so it'll follow expressions.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899

Unshaven 2, as Havos suggested, is one of the best facial hair products I've seen.

At some point LAMH will have some good options, but... who knows when.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

I give a vote for Mec4D's Unshaven for G2M. I used it on the G3 guys all the time. I have Whiskers for G3M, but the fact that the hair goes right  up to the bottom of the lip annoys me. I've never seen a guy with a beard who DIDN'T have hairless areas under the corner of the lips at least. Mec4D's does.

Laurie

I see Unshaven 2 has 3DL shaders, too, but none of the promos show it in 3DL. Any of ya'll try it in 3DL?

I've used it in 3DL with success. I'm in the middle of rendering something else, but I can do a test render at some point.

One nice thing about Unshaven is that there's a slider to change the thickness of each hair. So if you want a detailed close-up, you can make it extra fine (though at that point you might want to consider using two beards of varied style to fill it in a bit). For medium/long shots or less realistic images you can keep it thick or thicken it more.

I am pretty sure fibre mesh beards are just one color across the whole mesh, so I imagine they are going to work fine in any renderer. This is the biggest problem with this and other fibre mesh hair when used with grey beards. Most greying beards are a mixture of white, grey and original color hairs, not just one uniform grey.

I've used it in 3DL with success. I'm in the middle of rendering something else, but I can do a test render at some point.

One nice thing about Unshaven is that there's a slider to change the thickness of each hair. So if you want a detailed close-up, you can make it extra fine (though at that point you might want to consider using two beards of varied style to fill it in a bit). For medium/long shots or less realistic images you can keep it thick or thicken it more.

It does sound pretty versital. How hard do you think it would be to adjust it to fit m4 characters?

Havos said:

I am pretty sure fibre mesh beards are just one color across the whole mesh, so I imagine they are going to work fine in any renderer. This is the biggest problem with this and other fibre mesh hair when used with grey beards. Most greying beards are a mixture of white, grey and original color hairs, not just one uniform grey.

I wonder if using more than one beard, like timmins mentioned, would help in the varity of color department?

It does sound pretty versital. How hard do you think it would be to adjust it to fit m4 characters?

I doubt it would be easy, particularly if you wanted it to follow expressions etc. Would be much easier to move the M4 character to G2M. I guess you could try the transfer utility, I have never gone from Genesis to M4, only the other way round.

If you are going to do it, I'd go back to Unshaven, since that's for Genesis (and, if it's going to work at all, would be less generations to hop)

Here's a g2m figure with Unshaven 2

Note that if you use multiple beard morphs, sometimes edges between them get weird, like hairs getting oddly big. But not always.

3DL Beard test.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,907

There is also Whiskers for Genesis 3 Male(s) - http://www.daz3d.com/whiskers-for-genesis-3-male-s

which has both 3Delight and iray materials and looks really great on renders.

Artini said:

There is also Whiskers for Genesis 3 Male(s) - http://www.daz3d.com/whiskers-for-genesis-3-male-s

which has both 3Delight and iray materials and looks really great on renders.

That one does look really good :D

edited November 2016

Below is an example iray render of one of many presets of Whiskers on Lucian  7. I have also put on him Buzzed Hair

http://www.daz3d.com/buzzed-hair-for-genesis-genesis-2-and-genesis-3

Lucian104pic05.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 270K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2016

... and slightly larger version, to see more details of the beard ...

Lucian105pic01.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 631K
    Post edited by Artini on

I'm not an Iray user. How's it look in 3DL?