Override Pose Limits.

pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 475
edited November 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi all,

I am trying to make a pose preset that includes limbs that I have removed limits on. How do I make a pose preset that overrides the locked/limits placed on certain bones/nodes?

For example, I have the big toe on a G2F moving to the side for a value of 20.00 after I unchecked the box that limits the toe's side-side maximum of 10. I then make a pose preset out of it but when I use the preset on a different G2F character the limit maxes its side-side at 10. In my preferences under the Content Library tab, I have selected the 'Turn Limits Off' when imposing a shaping/pose file.

Scratching my ead on this one...

Thanks!

Post edited by pfunkyfize on

Comments

• Depending on the options in Edit>Preferences>Content you may be pompted to allow the preset to exceed the limits on the parameters when it is applied.

• Thanks Richard,

Since I am using Edit->Preferences->Content and using the 'Turn Limits OFF' option is it a bug on G2F?

I will give that option you mentioned a try...

• Yeah just tried it out and it looks like when I choose the Turn Off Limits option as I apply the preset the limits don't actually come off. I made the preset for a basic G2F female and tried it on a G2F, Steph 6 Olympia, Gia, Girl 6 and Aiko 6 and the parameters that go beyond limits don't apply and they ebd up staying at the maximum for that limit.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Which version you use?  Now I play G2F limit on and off with "Edit->Preferences->Content,  pose apply option"

I feel it seems work about my pose preset still with 4.9.3.117 (not newest beta). 

then would you try to apply pose preset with "Ctrl" key too?  it may not solve your problem, but anyway it have option to limit on and off to apply the preset.

so that you can test it, the preset include data( limit over) or not.

(then  prefered option in this option window may not work as you expected,,it it desigend mainly for "shift" + click pose preset, but not work at all for long time)

• The latest 4.9 but it seems like it crashed right now and I can't open it to find the version. I wonder if it is updating because it is stuck on Building Interface message.

I have seen your previous forum messages regarding this subject but somehow it is not working for me. But it is moot right now until my DAZ installation gets fixed. I will try the CTRL key when i apply pose next time.

Thanks!

• DS won't auto-update.

• Looks like I had to reboot and everything fixed itself. Except for the pose overriding ;)

So i tried the CTRL+click option and it seemed to work for a character that has the limits turned off for the specific node but the other characters when i bring them on to the scene will have limits turned on and the preset fails to override the limits. Is there a setting that defaults a character's instantiation to having its limits turned off?

• Well,

I dug into the Scene/Node scripting object hierarchy and figured out how to override limits by dazscript. I have a ton of pose presets, is it possible to execute a pose presets via script once I have unlocked limits by my script? I'd rather have a script execute a series of pose presets than rewrite the same functionality of iterating through bones of a selected DZSkeleton and setting Xrot, Zrot, Yrot for each one for a specific pose.

Thanks!

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited November 2016

if you load next character,, the most of figures node properties limits should be "on" as default.    then you may need to apply pose preset, with Ctrl Click again,  I think.

but Usually we only need to set Preference>contents>Pose shaping preset loading correclty. .

have you change it as "Show the preset Exceeds limit dialogue "?  it ask you hope to turn off limit, or keep current limit, if the pose duf include exceed value of current limits.

if it can work, but other option "Always turn limit off" not work (though you menitoned,,)  ,, it seems need to send bug report...

then,, anyway if  you hope to remove limits current figure ,

1 select root node> then select children, (you need to select all nodes)

2 after that, from top menu>edit>figure>Limits>limits(ON) and (Off), or pose tab sub menu have same option.

it simply remove all node rotation of selected nodes limits I believe. after that you just apply pose preset, about the figure,

without  care limits,,,  you may make it as one script ? 

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • The problem is too many keystrokes, I need a turnkey solution and I think the scripting is the way to go.

Actually, the script turned out great - I can distribute it to friends and not have to worry if their preset limit options are on or off for the pose to work. One click run :) I just need to find a way to launch a pose or material preset on to a selected character for more complex poses. but i think i will ask that  in the scripting forum in detail.

Thanks!