Questions regarding the EULA

I have some questions about the Eula, I find legal documents like this hard to read and understand and if someone could help me out with this I would be really grateful.

A man who makes a Motion Comic asked me if he can use a Daz model I made ( I dialed in some of the characters I have bought and used Genesis 3 female head and body morphs and 200 plus head and face morphs)  for a 3D promo for taking to game  publishers. He asked if it was possible for me to send him the model so that a 3D game designer can import the model into a gameengine and make demo gameplay for showing the publishers. If I understand it correctly he only wants to use it for showing the publishers.

Am I right in thinking that I can't send him the model itself but I can send him the morph I made? if so do I send him the shaping or character preset? and would he need to buy all the characters and morphs I used? do I need permission from the vendors behind the characters and morphs I used to send the morph I made? 

If he should want to use the model in a game later he needs to buy a game liscense right?

He asked me how many polygons my model has, I have no idea as I am a beginner at Daz, how do I find out and how can I make a render showing the wireframe?

I also want to ask about renders, are the renders I make in Daz my property? can they be used commercially and be sold, or used during a commercial event?

Thanks in advance for helping me understand this :)

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,586

You are correct, you cannot send him any part of the model, mesh or original textures. You can do whatever you want with your own renders. You can send the preset and he would need to have the character and all the morph packs you used to get the same results

As for seeing the wireframe view, there is a small round icon in the upper right of the viewport with a drop down menu of different views.

• Thank you for your answear :) Sorry for all theese stupid questions but  I want to make sure I don't do anything illegal. I have a few more:

1.Does that meen I have copyright of my renders? 

2.Do I need permission from the vendors behind the characters and morphs I used in making my character morph if I send him my morph?

3.Is there any way to know how many polygons my character have

• Also quick question about the developer rig. I understand stripping the morphs and all the channels. So the Eula would also cover being not able to share a stripped developer rig too, correct? I'd have to point someone to the Daz site, get them to download one of the rigs, then explain step by step how to strip all the morphs and channels (and extras) so they'd have a rig to make content for, correct? Because that's what I'm thinking I need to do.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Thank you for your answear :) Sorry for all theese stupid questions but  I want to make sure I don't do anything illegal. I have a few more:

1.Does that meen I have copyright of my renders? 

2.Do I need permission from the vendors behind the characters and morphs I used in making my character morph if I send him my morph?

3.Is there any way to know how many polygons my character have

1.  Yes, you own the copyright to your renders.

2.  If your morph is a preset no...but the person you send it to needs all the content/morph packs you used to make it.  Otherwise it won't work.

3.  There is a Scene info tab you can call up Windows > Tabs > Scene Info and if nothing is selected, it will show everything.  If a specific item is selected, it will show the info for that item.

Nester751 said:

Also quick question about the developer rig. I understand stripping the morphs and all the channels. So the Eula would also cover being not able to share a stripped developer rig too, correct? I'd have to point someone to the Daz site, get them to download one of the rigs, then explain step by step how to strip all the morphs and channels (and extras) so they'd have a rig to make content for, correct? Because that's what I'm thinking I need to do.

Yes...even stripping out all the morphs it's still the same mesh or derivative.

• Thanks for answering my questions! :)