Problem with Paypal

Is anyone else having problem making orders with Paypal at the moment ? i've been trying to make an order since yesterday, but it fails each time. Tried with IE today, and same error. I hope this will be fixed before the sale is over.

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083
    edited November 2016
    Navi said:

Is anyone else having problem making orders with Paypal at the moment ? i've been trying to make an order since yesterday, but it fails each time. Tried with IE today, and same error. I hope this will be fixed before the sale is over.

I made 4 separate purchases this morning with PayPal, all of them worked fine.

Post edited by Ati on
  • NaviNavi Posts: 443
    Ati said:
    Navi said:

I made 4 separate purchases this morning with PayPal, all of the worked fine.

I'm jealous lol :) . Tried about a dozen times since yesterday, Firefox and IE today, with no luck...

edited November 2016
    Navi said:
    Ati said:
    Navi said:

I'm jealous lol :) . Tried about a dozen times since yesterday, Firefox and IE today, with no luck...

I use Chrome. Not sure if it makes a difference.

Post edited by Ati on
    Ati said:
    Navi said:
    Ati said:
    Navi said:

Since I've tried with 2 browsers, and that usually it works with Firefox, I guess it's a server/cloud error between my location and the servers. With my luck, the sale will be over before the issue is gone :( .

Navi said:
    Ati said:
    Navi said:
    Ati said:
    Navi said:

Since I've tried with 2 browsers, and that usually it works with Firefox, I guess it's a server/cloud error between my location and the servers. With my luck, the sale will be over before the issue is gone :( .

Yeah, unfortunately Cloudflare makes things more unpredictable. Do you know which Cloudflare server you connect through? (Not that I can help with that, but to see if by any chance we're using the same one.)

No, I don't know, but I'm rather far away from the Daz/Paypal servers in any case (France).

Navi said:

No, I don't know, but I'm rather far away from the Daz/Paypal servers in any case (France).

Physical distance shouldn't be a problem. :) Anyway, you're probably using one of the French cloudflare servers, I'm usually reaching DAZ through the one in Frankfurt. So there's one difference there already. PayPal itself, and DAZ itselfs seems to be working, so try it a few more times n the next couple of hours, you may get lucky. If all else fails, Customer Support is usually your friend! :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I have been using PayPal and firefox with no problems to day, and I am in the UK

Thank you both :) , I've tried again after a reset of my internet connexion, just in case, but... Still no luck, it's stuck at the Paypal  "processing" stage again. No new hairs, shaders and lightsets at bargain price, for me crying , I guess. When I'll hear from support tomorrow evening, the sale will be over.

Navi said:

Thank you both :) , I've tried again after a reset of my internet connexion, just in case, but... Still no luck, it's stuck at the Paypal  "processing" stage again. No new hairs, shaders and lightsets at bargain price, for me crying , I guess. When I'll hear from support tomorrow evening, the sale will be over.

What do you mean by being stuck at that stage? It should do something eventually. Sometimes it takes several minutes to get over that processing stage. Looking at my store credit balance, it took more than 5 minutes to process the PayPal checkout yesterday, but it got through okay in the end.

Ati said:
    Navi said:

What do you mean by being stuck at that stage? It should do something eventually. Sometimes it takes several minutes to get over that processing stage. Looking at my store credit balance, it took more than 5 minutes to process the PayPal checkout yesterday, but it got through okay in the end.

well, not sure how to explain exactly, but it's stuck when I get the small wheel, saying "processing", when I'm still on Paypal. After about 1 minutes, Firefox does give up, and I get a black page saying "the page is not redirected properly", and that I must have cookies settings problem.

But I've never changed any network or cookies settings.

Btw damn, it took you more than 5 mn to have an order processed ? I should perhaps retry with IE then, because it was stuck at the same stage than with Firefox, but I didn't get the error message, unlike Firefox. I did just cancel myself afterperhaps 2 mn. Never had a payment taking so long before (it takes just a few seconds, usually), so I thought it was stucked again.

I'm not even exaggerating with the 5 minutes. The store credit log says I started the transaction at 11/12/16 6:37 AM and it finally went through at 11/12/16 6:42 AM. So yeah, patience is the key, and a browser that lets you wait that long. :)

A couple of days ago I started a checkout at 11/9/16 5:56 AM, that one went through at 11/9/16 6:03 AM. That took even longer, 7 minutes.

I'm not sure if you mean the time while processing (until it sends you back on your Daz account), or the time the order appears on your Paypal history (which usually takes between 1 or 5 minutes for me too, when I check after the order), but in any case, i'm going to try again with IE, I thought it was going "stuck forever" when I tried earlier today, but your last comments make me want to try again ;) . Thank you again for the help !

Bah... No luck with IE either :( , it's giving up itself just like Firefox, after about 5 minutes. I'm screwed :( .

Navi said:

I'm not sure if you mean the time while processing (until it sends you back on your Daz account), or the time the order appears on your Paypal history (which usually takes between 1 or 5 minutes for me too, when I check after the order)

In both cases it was the time I waited on the PayPal page, just looking at the lock (I *think* it's a lock... :)) with the circle going around and around it, until it finally redirected to my DAZ account, congratulating me for my patience. Okay, it didn't use this exact word ;), it was just the usual "order successful" page.

Ati said:
    Navi said:

I'm not sure if you mean the time while processing (until it sends you back on your Daz account), or the time the order appears on your Paypal history (which usually takes between 1 or 5 minutes for me too, when I check after the order)

In both cases it was the time I waited on the PayPal page, just looking at the lock (I *think* it's a lock... :)) with the circle going around and around it, until it finally redirected to my DAZ account, congratulating me for my patience. Okay, it didn't use this exact word ;), it was just the usual "order successful" page.

Thank you, I wasn't sure :) . I have never had your issue before, usually it takes like 2 or 3 seconds here to process.

Like I said, even IE didn't want to wait forever, it stops with an error page after about 5 minutes. The Daz store just doesn't want to let me in this week-end lol.

• Were you trying to buy a gift certificate? Those seem to take longer to process.

Navi said:
    Ati said:
    Navi said:

Thank you, I wasn't sure :) . I have never had your issue before, usually it takes like 2 or 3 seconds here to process.

Like I said, even IE didn't want to wait forever, it stops with an error page after about 5 minutes. The Daz store just doesn't want to let me in this week-end lol.

It usually finishes sooner. I paid partially with store credit, that slowed it down significantly as well. If you are using store credit, try not using that, and pay for the whole order with PayPal. It may be faster that way.

Were you trying to buy a gift certificate? Those seem to take longer to process.

No, it was just content items. But I'll try replacing these items with a GC tonight, to see if it would make a difference. We never know :)

Ati said:
    Navi said:
    Ati said:
    Navi said:

It usually finishes sooner. I paid partially with store credit, that slowed it down significantly as well. If you are using store credit, try not using that, and pay for the whole order with PayPal. It may be faster that way.

It was a 100% Paypal payment, didn't use store credit. I think it's just the store software that decided to ruin my late sale shopping lol.

I just did another purchase (errr, to test if it works! :D ) and it went through quite fast this time. So it SHOULD work.

Ati said:

I just did another purchase (errr, to test if it works! :D ) and it went through quite fast this time. So it SHOULD work.

If it was just a test to see if it worked, I feel slightly embarrassed now :D , in the meantime i've tried again, with the same result. Not my day :/

Navi said:
    Ati said:

If it was just a test to see if it worked, I feel slightly embarrassed now :D , in the meantime i've tried again, with the same result. Not my day :/

Nah, I would have made that purchase anyway. :)