THE 4TH ANNUAL WINTER WONDERLAND contest/challenge

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

so I have gotten my judges picks in, and 3rd place is the only one they seem to agree on, the others are all over the map, one vote each for winners (this is very common since everyone has their own opinions on what they like). I have my grandson over today and am going for early dinner with his mommy and daddy later. I will need to make a decision based on who followed the theme the closest. Please be patient with me, I will post the winners and HM's as soon as I can. Aren't you all glad you followed the theme so close...
    be back later. in the mean time, I heard they are having a blast celebrating the new year in the new January thread

edited December 1969

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....
    I have the winners and HM's decided...

This was a tough decision and I just made a judgement call when it came to the final decision. I'll have to say that my judging panel was made up of a bunch of twisted souls. Some went with what they liked more than what the theme was. Most of you hit the mark and some were close. ALL renders were fun and loved by all. Here we go:

FIRST PLACE GOES TO :
    Da Winta Queen (or is that king) by Lord Ganthor. This one got the most votes but was not unanimous. Was there a theme to this madness or just madness, either way it got the popular vote.

SECOND PLACE GOES TO:
    The Princess Loves Her Big Bad Boy by Dollygirl, also not unanimous but my personal favorite (it came the closest to what I had in mind when I came up with the theme.

THIRD PLACE GOES TO:
    Lucy Discovers That Schroeder is also a Percussionist by Alexa Sears. This one was a unanimous one for 3rd place. Very well put together too.

The two HM"s goes to

Jack's secret by perlk
    and handing over the reins by druc

lucy_and_schroeder.jpg
    640 x 384 - 27K
    princess.jpg
    640 x 462 - 78K
    a_winta.jpg
    475 x 675 - 289K
    edited December 1969

I will get prizes out ASAP. I will need e-mail addy's from all who won or HMed so I can send you the coffee table

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Will the Three winners please PM me and let me know if you prefer the GC sent to your Addy or the code sent to you in a PM. If you wish the Addy method please supply it in your PM.

Congrad's to all, Well played.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions! Well done!

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

?!? :ohh: sputter...

Hokay, I takes back eveyt'ing I said in dat post earlier. I guess sumt'in' good did come outta me puttin' on a dress... Ah, Lord, but y'all are a twisted bunch, but dat's whys I loves youse guys. T'anks...I guess...jus' don't let dis get out, 'kay? What goes on in da forums stays in da forums...Congrats to everybody else as well. It wuzza great mon'h!

PS: I still can't get my avatar to upload!

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners!

Happy New Year!

Did anyone watch the rose parade? We usually watch it twice on KTLA ch 5.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners and honourable mentions. A job well done by all.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Thank you guys. I want to thank jeeperz and the other judges and the sponsers. Oh what a wonderful bundle of stuff. Thank you very much and congratulations to the winners.

edited December 1969

I will be with all winners as soon as the Store is working again. It is out of my hands until then. I'm sorry folks I have tried until I'm tired of trying tonight.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I will be with all winners as soon as the Store is working again. It is out of my hands until then. I'm sorry folks I have tried until I'm tired of trying tonight.

Don't stress, Jade. If you can't obtain the CGs then we can't use the store anyway. You get a good night's sleep.

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Pretty good batch of winners -- well done, everybody!

Jeeperz, you run a shipshape month -- thanks for the giggles.

• drucdruc Posts: 338
    edited December 1969

Well done to all who entered. I must say I am a bit flabbergasted at the HM. Thank you

edited December 1969

thanks everyone for the compliments. I thought it was a great month too. Lots of fun and LOTS of laughs. It's great fun with all of you. Not as many renders as we used to get each month. but it seems to be trending that way lately. The standard was still up there and that is what counts. I was glad to see that for the most part you all stuck to the theme real well. Those that wandered from it still had great renders. Thanks again all and especially those great PA's and everyone else that donated prizes & GC's. Without them we would be playing for fun without reward (and that isn't a bad thing) just better when you receive something for your effort. I will contact those that donated today and they will be contacting you about how to get your gift. thanks again all, and see you next December for the 5th annual Winter wonderland

• drucdruc Posts: 338
    edited December 1969

?!? :ohh: sputter...

Ho, I takes back eveyt'ing I said in da post earlier. I guess sumt'in' good did come outta me puttin' on a dress... Ah, Lord, but y'all are a twisted bunch, but da's whys I loves youse guys. T'anks...I guess...jus' don't let dis get out, 'kay? What goes on in da forums stays in da forums...Congrats to everybody else as well. It wuzza great mon'h!

PS: I still can't get my avatar to upload!

Well done LG, your renders are magnificent. maybe you should be banned from these threads, just joking. I want to see more of your renders-and you make me want to learn more about Brice as I've only dabled a little with Brice and the same can be said about Daz, as I've been a poser freak for years and only recently used Daz more.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all of the winners! Looking forward to the next contest.

• perlkperlk Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

WOW! Very cool.

Congratulations, winners!!! See you in January's contest! (Now back to baby...yikes, he takes away all my art time...)

edited December 1969

I'm still trying to check out with the GC's for the winners. Daz is the only hold up, as soon as possible I'll get this done.
    The Cards are in the cart, but Checkout just does Nada.

Checkout.PNG
    812 x 208 - 12K
    GCs.PNG
    301 x 370 - 44K
    edited December 1969

Update: Order went through. If Lord Ganthor, Dollygirl, and Alexa could confirm they recived their Prizes from me (Jeff) I would relaxe just a little bit.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Update: Order went through. If Lord Ganthor, Dollygirl, and Alexa could confirm they recived their Prizes from me (Jeff) I would relaxe just a little bit.

Huston the eagle had landed. Jade I am good to go. Thank you very much. See you in January.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I must say that's very generous of you!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Jaderail said:

I must say that's very generous of you!

DanaI owe my love of DS and 3D to this contest Dana. When I started I only had the Free content that came with DS2. I then found this contest in the Forums and had loads of content to play with. I'm now retired and have the time and the ability to Sponsor this contest that made me so happy. When I found out Daz3D was no longer supporting this contest I decided that I would. As long as I'm able and the Powers that be allow I will be Sponsoring this contest at this level.

Tell your Friends. Tell everyone. The Free Contest is back at Full Power and will stay this way until futher notice. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Happy to say I got the confirmation in my email box as soon as I got home from a really lousy day at work. This made it all worth while. Thanks again. Now, let's go have some fun in January!

edited December 1969

druc said:
    Well done LG, your renders are magnificent. maybe you should be banned from these threads, just joking. I want to see more of your renders-and you make me want to learn more about Brice as I've only dabled a little with Brice and the same can be said about Daz, as I've been a poser freak for years and only recently used Daz more.

Oh, they've been trying to run me out of the Challenge for years now and I keep creeping back in. I don't know enough to quit and they don't know enough to stop trying...

Anyway, Bryce is a lot of fun to work with. Granted, there's a bit of a learning curve with it (I didn't start turning out presentable renders until I'd used it for a couple of years!) but it's well worth sticking with. Go dabble, have fun, go hang out in the Bryce Forums and learn a few tricks from the great folks over there. There's lots of links to sites with tutorials and bunches of YouTube videos from the very basics to the Grand Master projects...I stay away from those. I know my limits. Don't be afraid to explore and experiment, that's half the fun. When you get to the point where you can integrate either Poser or Studio into Bryce, that's where the real fun begins! Give it a shot...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The beauty of Bryce is that you can play. There is so much to see and do, and pressing random buttons, just to see what they do doesn't normally mess things up too much, and can give you something good. Bryce is fun.

edited December 1969

Bryce IS Fun, still learning as I go. But Hearing that the Prizes went through was the Fun I needed today. Just picture this, Jaderail doing the Ren and Stimpy Happy Dance, cause Jade is doing the Happy Dance RIGHT NOW!!

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Happy Happy Joy Joy...

And congratulations to all the winners!

edited December 1969

I have sent out pm's to all the PA's that donated a gifts. I apologize for taking so long, been under the weather. Either they or I will contact you about your selection if you have one or gift if they donated something special for you.

edited December 1969

my head is sort of spinning, not feeling very good today, I will get the link out for choholes gift to everyone, skippers gift to everyone and musics gift for the winners and HM's soon. must lay down for a while first.

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    my head is sort of spinning, not feeling very good today, I will get the link out for choholes gift to everyone, skippers gift to everyone and musics gift for the winners and HM's soon. must lay down for a while first.

Y'see!!! This is why I'm so hesitant about hosting! It makes you sick!! This proves it!! You head spins, your vision blurs...pretty soon you're talkin' outta your head...I dunno, I'm really starting to rethink this....:-)