Identifying Figures: How Good Are You?

I remember way back when I started using Daz, back in the wild late summer of 2016. I was amazed that people could tell the g3 figures apart! I relied heavily on hair, myself-- change the model's hair and I'd be lost. I.... think I'm a bit better now? Maybe? Possibly? I'm not sure how to test myself. 

But how good are you? What's your best 'score' on identifying a model? A figure? A skin? Have you improved over time or does it just come naturally to you?

Comments

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    edited November 2016

It varies, alot. Sometimes a figure can be an instant recognitioon, sometimes, even if I have that figure myself and used it, it remains a mistery, And sometimes I don't recognize the figure, but can identify the vendor.... by it's style....

Post edited by glaseye on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,148

lol...Sometimes a friend of mine does a render of V4 and I can't even tell it's her. It's not always so easy to tell, depending on the rendering artist and their way with figures. I can usually pick out a Raiya figure, because I'm partial to them, but that would be about it ;).

Laurie

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Huh!  That'd be a fun program to write, on the order of Typewar.

--  Morgan

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

It could be fun to play with, too. :-) Sometimes I try to guess at Gallery figures but unless they include the model, I don't have any way of knowing if I'm right or wrong!

• CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

--  Morgan

Well thanks for that link and 30 minutes of my life gone. cheeky

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

--  Morgan

Well thanks for that link and 30 minutes of my life gone. cheeky

+1

But due to your warning I managed to escape after 5 minutes. :)

• Spotting a 'vanilla' base figure like V4 or M4 isn't hard but as soon as morphs and custom skins are added, it's anyone's guess what base figure is being used. And once you toss in mixing and matching characters' morphs and textures it becomes a really wild ride. :) This could be a very fun game/contest at DAZ btw.

The only base figures that I'm usually able to spot are A3 and Freak 5.