It's Raining Men Again Competition -- Winners Revealed!!!!

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited November 2016

Not an Entry: Stunt

Closest thing to a pinup I ever made, but it was too cheesy so I turned into an action scene... still a bit cheesy

Stunt

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/247766

3delight, minor postwork in Gimp2.8. The guy is Anicinabe by Rawart, ther are actually two repurposed things in there, Myrna Jacket and Garden party hair

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited November 2016

@Linwelly  Looks good even for cheesy. :)  Can you edit the post to put Re-Purposed somewhere up near the top somewhere so I don't accidentally miss it when I go through to pull out all of the re-purposed ones for judging that part?  Either in the title or below it somewhere?  Thanks.

edit: forgot to add can you add the attachment for the image to the post, too?  Thank you.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on

@Linwelly  Looks good even for cheesy. :)  Can you edit the post to put Re-Purposed somewhere up near the top somewhere so I don't accidentally miss it when I go through to pull out all of the re-purposed ones for judging that part?  Either in the title or below it somewhere?  Thanks.

edit: forgot to add can you add the attachment for the image to the post, too?  Thank you.

I didn't as this is not an entry, its up for the pc challenge already, that why I put up the NAE in front of the title, will change that for full word, might be easier to be seen

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861

Family Portrait - 3 Generations

This idea came to mind since I just bought my first mature figure Ivan 7 : ) I just made him a bit older and skinnier to look more grandpa like : )

Rendered in Daz Studio 4.9 with Iray, post-work in PS + Nik Tools.

family.png
    800 x 1294 - 2M
  • _manne__manne_ Posts: 284
    edited November 2016

Rescue

Didn't get a chance to enter last year, decided to give Michael something to do.  :)

Post edited by _manne_ on
  • StingerStinger Posts: 296
    edited November 2016

Title: Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man.jpg
    718 x 838 - 514K
    Post edited by Stinger on
  • Linwelly said:

I didn't as this is not an entry, its up for the pc challenge already, that why I put up the NAE in front of the title, will change that for full word, might be easier to be seen

@Linwelly Ah, I must have missed that when I saw it.  I have no excuse either as it's as plain as day.  <<shakes head at self>>

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2016

OK, I'm not sure I will be entering this scene into the It's Raining Men but I am posting it here to ask why is the side on the side of the right (image wise) robin egg blue but the rest of the sky normal? It is iRay rendering with Sun-Sky Only Finite Box w/ Ground, Draw Dome, & Visualize Finite Dome.

Thanks.

Two of Hearts (20100317 1800 Tokyo Japan).png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited November 2016

Turn off Visualize Finite Dome as it is so you can see where the dome is and uses a rainbow of colours which is what you are seeing.

Post edited by Fishtales on
    Fishtales said:

Turn off Visualize Finite Dome as it is so you can see where the dome is and uses a rainbow of colours which is what you are seeing.

Ah, thanks. turning off Visualize Finite Dome worked and it looks much more like a sunset now.

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709
    edited December 2016

Removed Entry

Post edited by mal3Imagery on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

WOW Mal3Imagery That is one amazing render just like looking at a potograph!!

• sueyasueya Posts: 826
    edited November 2016

Empowering the cat

Re-purposed item - Hoodie from Mall Girl for Genesis 3

Empowering the cat

LeoinRoomwithcat.jpg
    800 x 494 - 346K
    Post edited by sueya on
  • sberlinssberlins Posts: 128
    edited November 2016

A second entry...similar theme.  There is one very minor repurposed item.  Skyler's necklace.

NZ portrait DOF.jpg
    2100 x 2282 - 2M
    Post edited by sberlins on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,648
    edited December 2016

#1 The Prince of Winter (Updated the file 12-27-16) 

Repurposed Items: Mistress Arachne (sandals), Winter Fantasy (hood), Dark Storm Gloves

Prince of Winter v2.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on

#1 The Prince of Winter 

Repurposed Items: Mistress Arachne (sandals), Winter Fantasy (hood), Dark Storm Gloves

gosh I'm freezing looking at that guy barechested in the snow! those red frozen knees look very real to me, good work!

• Lots of great pictures, everyone!  Keep them coming. Still lots of time left!  :)

• PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 290
    edited November 2016

Jing Ke or The Assassin

Repurposed item: BlueBell Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s) and Color for BlueBell Hair

Historic background of this portrait can be found on Wikipedia

Here is the image in the galery with all used components listed

Jing Ke.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by Philopp on
  • kmorris1@oh.rr.com[email protected] Posts: 1,107
    edited November 2016

This is William with the Heartthrob hair. Some postwork in Photoshop and Corel Painter.

William.jpg
    1440 x 1400 - 273K
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited November 2016

Pep Talk - No repurposing

Pep Talk Finished.jpg
    2095 x 2095 - 792K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • ButchButch Posts: 797
    edited November 2016

I'm close to happy with this one.  It's an entry with nothing repurposed.

Lugubrious - sig.jpg
    2100 x 1200 - 873K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    edited November 2016

Raining Men Entry 2:-  "Private Study"

Repurposed items:

Bast Anitque Bracers - cup
    Patty Jewels Hat Prop - flower pot

DigiDotz G3F BasicGlasses - glasses

raining men 2.png
    1126 x 873 - 2M
    Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited November 2016

Finally satisfied with this one enough to post it. "The Mage Consort". Re-purposed. Stuff I "borrowed" from Vicky includes LoLo's dog tags, the pose and backdrop set, a second skin outfit because I wanted to show off his physique without having his muscles distort clothing mesh, the body jewel tatoos and the base skin, which I kitbashed from two of Reciecup's characters: Tyson for the face and Anjel for the body. Did that because when I loaded a converted Tyson texture onto my remapped Michael and posed him I noticed some stretching that couldn't be camouflaged. Luckily Anjel's body texture was a near-perfect match; I just had to photoshop one of Tyson's dragon tatoos onto the chest then throw in Lorelei's green eyes and Mortella's lashes to get the perfect Consort for an extremely picky Consulting Mage. 

Rendered in PoserPro 2014, postworked in Photoshop CS2 and Paintshop Pro X4.

The Mage Consort(RE-PURPOSED).jpg
    2077 x 2599 - 938K
    Post edited by Byrdie on
    edited December 2016

Here's what they didn't show on Fantasy Island.  Genesis Babydoll by Wilmap, Octane lace and velvet textures, and a pair of Sci-Fi Siren panties for G2F.  I've withdrawn this image from the contest. 

Post edited by Butch on
    edited November 2016

Interesting. Does the strap have morphs to go like that or did you tinker? I'd like to try a similar look on my Consulting Mage some day and it's often a right pain getting straps to fall where you want them, especially when they only want to go so far. Yes, Poser has the cloth room but it drives me spare so I avoid like the plague. Dunno how it'd work in Studio.

Post edited by Byrdie on
    edited December 2016

I am withdrawing my earlier entries & will make 3 entries in one post after I finish rendering them. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    Byrdie said:

Interesting. Does the strap have morphs to go like that or did you tinker? I'd like to try a similar look on my Consulting Mage some day and it's often a right pain getting straps to fall where you want them, especially when they only want to go so far. Yes, Poser has the cloth room but it drives me spare so I avoid like the plague. Dunno how it'd work in Studio.

I used "dyncreator", to make the nightie dynamic then enlarged, twisted, turned, draped, failed.  Took about 5 or 6 tries before looking like this.  All I wanted was the strap off the shoulder, the nipple was an unexpected bonus lol    

edited November 2016

Ah yes, dynamics. They look so good, but I can never get them working. Don't have that plugin though maybe some day I'll try it, if I can get Studio to cooperate enough so I feel comfortable using it again -- had all sorts of problems on my old computer and it's been so long now I've probably forgotten most of what I knew. I don't think I ever tried using dynamic clothes in it at all, too leery after my horrible experiences with Poser's cloth room. Which I hasten to add is purely user error as a whole bunch of other folks running similar setups to mine apparently have no problem with it and turn out beautiful renders that have dynamic cloth. I just cannot seem to get the hang of it, either the cloth looks like a board on my character or flies madly off in all directions and/or falls to pieces in the process. :shudder: It's the stuff of nightmares, I tell ya. 

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • Butch said:

I'm close to happy with this one.  It's an entry with nothing repurposed.

Holy Smeg!

I'm kneeling at THAT throne!

• Chanteur-de-VentChanteur-de-Vent Posts: 566
    edited November 2016

Chanteur-de-Vent #1

Title: The blood red night

Tag: Repurposed

Repurposed items: Raven collar for V4 and Elleth Hair for V4.

Finally got inspired enough here, although I'll have to work on more significant repurposing on my future entries. Well, at least it's a start.

The blood red night.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by Chanteur-de-Vent on