IRAY Plushies?

Does anyone have the Plushies line? Used them in iRay?

Have some sample pics on how they look?

Comments

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

And does the Heff poses and clothes work on the others?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,328

You'll need to adjust the surfaces but then you will need to do that in 3dl, the Plushies mats are for designed for Poser they don't give the plush effect in DS. There are several different shaders available that can be used for both DS and Iray.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

But with re texturing, shading, do they look good?

• KinichKinich Posts: 860

They can be make to look very good in Iray, there is a basic Iray shader set available as a freebie, a link and info was posted in the forums a while back the discussion is here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/80801/plushies-iray

A bit of work in your image editor of choice and you can use most of the texture packs, the image below is a quick Iray render using texture maps I made up in GIMP from the Stripes/Tabby textures avaialabe in the store and applied as per the above linked shader.

Plushie Iray Test.jpg
    800 x 800 - 217K
  • KinichKinich Posts: 860
    edited October 2016

Below is a screenshot of GIMP with the texture for the above Tufus Render, I can't post the actual map as it uses the maps from the texture packs, but hopefully you get the idea. The Base layer is the colour of the paws, the Base Colour is the fur colour with a mask applied from the texture pack (with the colours inverted if I rember correctly), then the stripes applied on top with the blend mode set to Darken Only. Changing the colour of the layers gives you infinite colour option, then save as jpg or png and plug into the shader as decribed in the included PDF instructions.

Hope this helps.

Plushie Texture Map Example.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 750K
    Post edited by Kinich on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited October 2016

I love the plushies in Iray!  There are a few shaders that work very well with them.  Some of the plushies you will have to go in and reset material zones if you want to use shaders.  I took a couple into Blender to do that.  Or you can use their templates to add textures.

Here are a couple of Iray images that I did with them:

Shaders used: Hand Knits: Shader Presets

Shader used: Leather and Fur Iray Shaders

For the eyes, nose and duck bill, I used Mef4D's PBR Shaders Volume 2.  It has some nice rubber type shaders in it.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on