Wow, the new horse is awesome....

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Please, please, please, has anyone tried this in DS4?

I want it, but only if it works in DS4.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:

You need DS4.5. Everything is in .duf file format.
    edited December 1969

Thank you. Oh well I'll save my money then.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:

Well the product page for the horse on it's own seems a little misleading actually because it says

This product includes:
    1 DAZ Studio Legacy Installer
    1 DSON Core Installer
    1 Poser Companion Files Installer

Compatible 3D Figures N/A
    Compatible 3D Software DSON Importer for Poser, DAZ Studio 4.5

We are told that the Legacy file is for DS4, So it would seem that it should work.

edited November 2012

chohole said:

Well the product page for the horse on it's own seems a little misleading actually because it says
    This product includes:
    1 DSON Core Installer

We are told that the Legacy file is for DS4, So it would seem that it should work.

I purchased the pro bundle (I have been doing 3D rendering less than a year, and don't own any of the previous horses, so the new horse made sense for me), along with the extra discounted-if-in-the-same-cart-as-the-pro-bundle items. I just went back and checked all the items in "My Downloadable Products" and NOTHING has a Legacy file download listed; not even the base DAZ Horse 2 itself. Everything is DSON and PCF. So unless DAZ missed the legacy files in the pro bundle (possible, considering the other errors already reported with the files in the pro bundle), the new horse is for DS4.5 or higher only.

Even if the base figure had Legacy support, with none of the other stuff having Legacy, it would be greatly hobbled in DS4.0.

Post edited by cwichura on
  • randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

What about DS3? Will the legacy files work?

edited December 1969

So it will work in DS4.

Confused :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes in DS 4 but not in DS3, sorry about that.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

Cant we just load them side by side in DS and copy UV's from the original Horse to the new one? Or use use use a modeling / uv app to swap UV's? I have done this before on other figures with success.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

I really like the horse. It is sitting in my cart right now. I'm thinking about it. I don't use the old Mil horse anymore. It looks really dated to me, (as does the cat and dog) so I probably WOULD use this version, since it looks great, particularly the mane and tale which was a real handicap in Mil Horse.

What I can't wait to see are poses with the saddles and bridles I see there are some for genesis, but fitting saddles and bridles to hands were a real pain with gen 4.

I am also debating the cost of just buying the horse ala carte versus the basic bundle. I want the saddle/bridle , but don't really need the barn, shoes, or accessories, even though they are nice. I tend to do contemporary/sci-fi renders so armor is not useful at present.

I am kicking myself for using my WELCOME coupon for 30% off on a bundle earlier this week and missing out on adding that to the new horse set.

I also am tempted by the texture set, but 20.00 is more than I can afford right now for a skin- albeit a beautiful one.

edited November 2012

chohole said:
    wilmap said:

This product includes:
    1 DSON Core Installer

Compatible 3D Figures N/A
    Compatible 3D Software DSON Importer for Poser, DAZ Studio 4.5

Doesn't say about the Legacy Installer on the page I see.

Sorry don't know why it's gone blue.

Horse2.png
    560 x 675 - 242K
    Post edited by Wilmap on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

I used the Mil Horse in this pic: I thought it came out pretty good :-)

Walk In The Woods

Yes, it looks very nice :)

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    edited December 1969

I can't justify the price of the pro bundle for the work I'd be doing with the horse -- but what I really want is the draft horse and the donkey, so It looks like I'll need to get the pro bundle. I do expect to see a fair number of animals based of the horse as time goes on . . .

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Bought the pro bundle and the genesis and horse pose set plus the english saddle textures. Used my PC coupon and picked it up for $58
    That's not a bad price considering what I've got for the money.

Haven't had chance to play as I'm reinstalling my computer.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,805
    edited December 1969

I have had the chance to play a bit, and the results are ... interesting. Yes, that's the word. Interesting.

You have to use the scale dials as well as the bend/twist/side-side sliders to pose the reins and the stirrups to match the various rider poses. Use the Z-scale to shorten the stirrup leather, not the Y-scale. The whole process is weirdly fiddly, but possibly slightly easier than the old tack. Possibly.

Also, is there some way to shorten the mane? When you click the "Mane run" toggle, it sweeps back and it looks great. It also goes right through any character on the horse's back and obscures their face from one direction or the other. Using the Surfaces tab kinda sorta helps, but it also renders part of the mane along the neck invisible, which really isn't what you want.

• BohorBohor Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Bought the pro bundle and the genesis and horse pose set plus the english saddle textures. Used my PC coupon and picked it up for $58

You bought the pro bundle And the english saddle textures? English saddle textures are already in the pro bundle if I'm not wrong.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

WOW Pen, you stil got your PC coupon? Good for you!
    Good luck with reinstalling your computer and I'm looking forward to your renders. :)

Have a great day!
    Love, Jeanne
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

At first thought like you guys "but i already have a horse and tons of textures etc etc" but remember this is using the new Genesis technology. This horse can become a cow, or a goat, or a pig, or a cat..... Pretty sure we have a lot of options. :D

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Cat, or anything with separate toes, would probably be pushing it but it should be able to handle at least most hooved animals I should think

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yeah a Two hooved sloth

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Installing Horse 2 now, I'm excited :D

Got the pro bundle plus equestrian props and the knightly barding textures all for $49.13, not bad I'd say! it really helps to be a plat club member as the base price went down from like $87 (i think that was it?) to about $52.

ofcourse now i just have to pray that i dont see it back on sale in a month for 70% off xD

really wish we could use Milhorse textures as i have nearly all of cwrw's ones (which are AMAZING!) but hopefully someone will convert them. I was surprised to see the textures aren't backwards compatible like how Genesis can use V4..

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2012

At first thought like you guys "but i already have a horse and tons of textures etc etc" but remember this is using the new Genesis technology. This horse can become a cow, or a goat, or a pig, or a cat..... Pretty sure we have a lot of options. :D

Except it's a horse and can't do all that. There are some toonified animals coming out but this horse is definitely not intended to be a cat or dog.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Except it's a horse and can't do all that. There are some toonified animals coming out but this horse is definitely not intended to be a cat or dog.

actually dalia would just have to edit out the cat option ;)

I believe the horse can probably be morphed into nearly any hooved animal since its based off of Genesis, and I'm really excited to see what the PAs come up with.

For cat/dog/rabbit etc any mammal with paws all we'll need is one Genesis-like figure for them as well. Dog 2 anyone? xD

ohhh, maybe a wolf morph for that too!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Faewolf said:

actually dalia would just have to edit out the cat option ;)

I believe the horse can probably be morphed into nearly any hooved animal since its based off of Genesis, and I'm really excited to see what the PAs come up with.

For cat/dog/rabbit etc any mammal with paws all we'll need is one Genesis-like figure for them as well. Dog 2 anyone? xD

ohhh, maybe a wolf morph for that too!

I wonder how the horses UV's are though, can it support more uv's so people could have UV's optimized for creatures with different shapes?

Can't wait for the next dog. Even though I already have the old dog and some poses/materials I love dogs enough to fork over $$ for a new one. But yeah it needs a ton of morphs and wolves are certainly some of them.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Wake me up when it's a cow.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

and someone please do a mimic/lipsync .dmc file

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Naw. It will be more than 30 days. Like ... 32 days from now.

And it will be 90% off.

Faewolf said:
    Installing Horse 2 now, I'm excited :D

Got the pro bundle plus equestrian props and the knightly barding textures all for $49.13, not bad I'd say! it really helps to be a plat club member as the base price went down from like $87 (i think that was it?) to about $52.

ofcourse now i just have to pray that i dont see it back on sale in a month for 70% off xD

really wish we could use Milhorse textures as i have nearly all of cwrw's ones (which are AMAZING!) but hopefully someone will convert them. I was surprised to see the textures aren't backwards compatible like how Genesis can use V4..

edited December 1969

Pawed animals might be possible with geografted paws. But I think the real distinction comes down to the rigging. The bone structure of a hooved animal with long grazing neck might not work so well for other animals like cat/dog, where the shoulders/arms come more alongside the body than they do in hooved animals.

And speaking on long necks, when will we see a giraffe morph for DH2? :)

edited December 1969

Bohor said:
    Pendraia said:

You bought the pro bundle And the english saddle textures? English saddle textures are already in the pro bundle if I'm not wrong.

I did not think the textures were in there lol ... That will teach me to order after work when I'm tired.

edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    Pendraia said:

WOW Pen, you stil got your PC coupon? Good for you!
    Good luck with reinstalling your computer and I'm looking forward to your renders. :)

Have a great day!
    Love, Jeanne

Yeah...I was holding onto it hoping for the teenage shapes!

Thanks Jeanne! Hopefully it won't take too long.

Hugs

Pen