The Twinkies and Lime Jello Complaint Thread -- Now With More Squirrels!

1131416181950

Comments

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 27,319
    edited December 1969

    one more set :)

    Untitled-97.png
    700 x 486 - 744K
    Untitled-96a.png
    407 x 574 - 300K
    Untitled-96.png
    628 x 556 - 359K
    Untitled-95.png
    408 x 540 - 271K
    Untitled-93.png
    750 x 777 - 1M
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY!!! RUN RUN RUNNNNNNN!!!

    :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

    Looks pretty! :coolsmile:

    Getting ready to work on a render. I'm considering investing in one of the Poser for N00bs things on Rendo, just because I'm more used to DS and Carrara. I've dabbled with PPro a lot now but there are places I'm beyond clueless! :bug:

    It's official fried chicken day so I'm going to make the 45-minute trip to Churchs for spicy fried chicken that'll be lunch AND dinner. Yaay no cooking! :)

    Then home t sit with PPro for the rest of the day and learn, learn, learn.

    Spent the morning drinking cawfeeeee and jamming out on my bass.. slightly sore fingies now (lol)!

    To the road!

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    looks pretty. and looks a good rest stop for reindeer hauling sleighs :)

    Oh, still too little snow for that; the sleigh would run into some definite problems 'cause the ground would scrape it raw (weight would be a problem, y'see). We will get about a foot and half more, that should do it.

    Oooo.. you have your own swing set and slippery dip too! (*_*)...

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,936
    edited December 1969

    sleigh bells ring, iz listening
    in the lane, snow iz glistening
    iz a winter vunderland

    :lol:

    do you ski? i never learned, iz big regret.

    Well...

    I know how to ski.

    Technically.

    I know how to stay up, and keep going, but you gotta have lots of patience with me, 'cause I'm not a good one, or a fast one. Skiing is like my least favorite sport, mostly because I sucked at it and school's gym class killed whatever fun there might have been.

    Now, skating -- I'm a devil on skates, although I detest all that fancy-style skating as well (everyone else is free to like it, I don't), but I admit that the skating class my mom forced me to attend for couple of years did gave me an edge in ice hockey. Not many hockey players can do a point-blank spin from full speed and reverse their direction that fast to take the puck to the goal...

    "Fun" fact: teachers made us girls play ringette. We were equipped with our fancy-skating skates, that have four or five spikes (which are used for those fast turns) in front, with minimal safety gear (that is, none). Essentially, it was a dangerous accident waiting to happen (thankfully, it never did), and only afterwards I found out that the said skates are extremely poorly suited for fast-paced melee which is this pseudo-ice hockey, even if it doesn't involve fast puck slams. On account of being capable of causing severe, even lethal cuts with those spikes. We did not have any protective hockey gear for girls, 'cause heck, girls don't play hockey, everyone knows that. (*ptoo!*)

    I have no idea why they thought that would be a good idea to let us play like that.

    We certainly did not tone down the amount of competiveness nor collisions just because we didn't have stuff protecting ourselves...

    LOL!! A Skiriki that does not Ski. That's one to think on.

    A puzzle for all ages!

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,936
    edited December 1969

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY!!! RUN RUN RUNNNNNNN!!!

    :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

    Looks pretty! :coolsmile:

    It is! It is also about midday in those pics. Shows how early the sun begins to set.

    Oooo.. you have your own swing set and slippery dip too! (*_*)...

    Me an' 35 other apartments. :lol:

    We don't have that many kids here, tho.

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 9,687
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    looks pretty. and looks a good rest stop for reindeer hauling sleighs :)

    Oh, still too little snow for that; the sleigh would run into some definite problems 'cause the ground would scrape it raw (weight would be a problem, y'see). We will get about a foot and half more, that should do it.
    Not a problem for flying reindeer. :)

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,936
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    Not a problem for flying reindeer. :)

    Flying reindeers? Surely you're joking, good sir. A proper Santa would never travel on such hazardous thing. ;)

    (Yeah, we do have kinda different idea about Santa... not just who dresses up as him.)

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 9,687
    edited December 1969

    I can't ski but I'm an expert at slipping and falling while shouting "Whoah-oh-oh!"

  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,936
    edited December 1969

    Oh buggrit, the popcorn thread is dead. Sorry, kinda contributed to the death of it. :/ It is difficult to talk about stuff like that without it going to political territory.

    Anyway. Wee coyotes prolly should skulk off to bed under the covers 'cause temperature just dropped to -15 C and central heating hasn't fully woken up to this fact. (Not feeling cold at the moment or anything like that, but it will get colder outside and faster I'm under covers, warming up the airspace within, less chances of feeling shivery.)

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 9,687
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    tjohn said:
    Not a problem for flying reindeer. :)

    Flying reindeers? Surely you're joking, good sir. A proper Santa would never travel on such hazardous thing. ;)

    (Yeah, we do have kinda different idea about Santa... not just who dresses up as him.)

    "You better watch out,
    You better not cry,
    You better not pout,
    I'm telling you why -
    Joulupukki's coming to town."

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

    tjohn said:
    I can't ski but I'm an expert at slipping and falling while shouting "Whoah-oh-oh!"
    LOL! I'm an expert at falling over for no obvious reason at any given time. Ski's, skates, bikes, motorcycles, heck even some shoes, truthfully some chairs as well, are all accidents just wanting to happen. I need at least three good solid points of balance, sometimes that's not enough.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    ... We did not have any protective hockey gear for girls, 'cause heck, girls don't play hockey, everyone knows that. (*ptoo!*)

    I have no idea why they thought that would be a good idea to let us play like that.

    We certainly did not tone down the amount of competiveness nor collisions just because we didn't have stuff protecting ourselves...

    Anyone have that photo that wasn't Snowbug in her scalemail bikini and horned helmet in the snow? ;-)... I'm channeling that one just now, but can't find a link X).

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 27,319
    edited December 1969

    M F M said:
    Skiriki said:
    ... We did not have any protective hockey gear for girls, 'cause heck, girls don't play hockey, everyone knows that. (*ptoo!*)

    I have no idea why they thought that would be a good idea to let us play like that.

    We certainly did not tone down the amount of competiveness nor collisions just because we didn't have stuff protecting ourselves...

    Anyone have that photo that wasn't Snowbug in her scalemail bikini and horned helmet in the snow? ;-)... I'm channeling that one just now, but can't find a link X).


    oh, i remember it. snowbug!

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 27,319
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    Oh buggrit, the popcorn thread is dead. Sorry, kinda contributed to the death of it. :/ It is difficult to talk about stuff like that without it going to political territory.

    Anyway. Wee coyotes prolly should skulk off to bed under the covers 'cause temperature just dropped to -15 C and central heating hasn't fully woken up to this fact. (Not feeling cold at the moment or anything like that, but it will get colder outside and faster I'm under covers, warming up the airspace within, less chances of feeling shivery.)

    aww

    oh noes, was about to make fresh popcorn.

  • MistaraMistara Posts: 27,319
    edited December 1969

    i dunno what happened, i came across a nursoda character named Frankie with a mohawk and a rude tatt.
    luv at first sight. badboys, badboys, whatcha gonna do

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,385
    edited December 2012

    i dunno what happened, i came across a nursoda character named Frankie with a mohawk and a rude tatt.
    luv at first sight. badboys, badboys, whatcha gonna do

    I thought "Frankie" was a cute zombie girl with green skin and stitches? ;-)
    Post edited by M F M on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 27,253
    edited December 1969

    Skiriki said:
    Yeah, but it is actually pretty dry and cold right now. -10 C or so, with snow drifting slowly down from the sky. Cold and humid is the worst.

    ...I know, that pretty much describes winter where i live. .

    Everything aches again. Just going to stay home today.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 27,253
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    I can't ski but I'm an expert at slipping and falling while shouting "Whoah-oh-oh!"

    ...used to be an avid skier until ol 'Arthur decided my joints were a great place to settle in.

    Don't have much trouble with snow, but we rarely see it in the lower elevations here. When it does happen it is kind of hilarious because the city goes into panic mode even though it is only an inch or two. All the local television stations preempt normal programming for 24 hr coverage o f"Winter Blast 20XX".

    A few years ago though we had quite a significant snowfall right before the Yule holiday from two back to back storms dumping about sixteen inches of the white stuff which stayed around through the holidays. For about four days, the city was completely paralysed. It was so quiet and peaceful as there was literally no traffic (I cold actually walk down the middle of what normally is a busy street that goes through my neighbourhood) Actually had to because pretty much nobody cleared the walkways in front of their property Most don't even have snow shovels. Everything looked so pretty and it really felt like an old time Christmas with all the holiday displays lit up in the evening.

    Fortunately I didn't lose any pay as I has already scheduled vacation time for the holiday.

    Usually though we get more freezing rain than snow. When that happens I don't bother leaving the flat and email work that I'm not coming in. It's better to lose me for a day than a couple weeks because I fell & broke something (which at my age is easy to do these days). Also can't afford all the associated medical costs. Don't have insurance because the plan though my company has a such high deductible I'd still find myself in serious debt afterwards.

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 17,380
    edited December 1969

    I was going to post something profound but right now I have to pee. By time I do that I will forget what I was going to post that was so thought provoking.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 27,253
    edited December 1969

    ...I find the loo to be an excellent place for thinking.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 27,908
    edited December 1969

    yeah, a good place for concentration.

  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I find the loo to be an excellent place for thinking.

    Good for reading too!

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 17,380
    edited December 1969

    I just started to install the Horse 2 pro bundle. Here is a quick render I did so far. I think I am missing something for the horse (not just the background and foreground stuff and of course the ground.)

    missingsomething.jpg
    1540 x 862 - 54K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,385
    edited December 2012

    A rider? dust around the hooves? hoof colour? the mane streaming backwards (presumably the horse is galloping rather fast)? deep horse-ish thoughts, like, "Why am I running? What is my motivation in this scene? Where is my next meal coming from?" ;-)

    Post edited by M F M on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 2,939
    edited December 1969

    What's holding the saddle on?

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,757
    edited December 1969

    Morning. Busy today. That is my Monday morning complaint :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,757
    edited December 1969

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY!!! RUN RUN RUNNNNNNN!!!

    :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

    Looks pretty! :coolsmile:

    Getting ready to work on a render. I'm considering investing in one of the Poser for N00bs things on Rendo, just because I'm more used to DS and Carrara. I've dabbled with PPro a lot now but there are places I'm beyond clueless! :bug:

    It's official fried chicken day so I'm going to make the 45-minute trip to Churchs for spicy fried chicken that'll be lunch AND dinner. Yaay no cooking! :)

    Then home t sit with PPro for the rest of the day and learn, learn, learn.

    Spent the morning drinking cawfeeeee and jamming out on my bass.. slightly sore fingies now (lol)!

    To the road!

    Chicken day sounds good, might have some for lunch if I get to eat today :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,757
    edited December 1969

    one more set :)

    cupcake noms, TY am hungry :)

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    one more set :)

    cupcake noms, TY am hungry :)
    Mondays always seem hungrier than any other day >_<...</p>
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,757
    edited December 2012

    M F M said:
    ps1borg said:
    one more set :)

    cupcake noms, TY am hungry :)

    Mondays always seem hungrier than any other day >_<...</div>

    Monday morning suckage, ppl have nothing better to do on weekends than to come up with extra work or to do fridays work again. Real busy today, my second last Monday here so can't complain too much :)

    Post edited by ps1borg on
This discussion has been closed.