Content Library Migration ...

Hey all. Have a bit of a question. I'm in need of moving my content library (Daz 4.8) from my primary drive to a secondary drive on the same machine, as it's just getting a bit unruly (220 gigs at the moment). I've already copied the My Library contents to the new drive and can add it to the Content Manager in Daz just fine, but my question comes in at the point of what to do with all of my old scenes. I have literally thousands of saved scenes I use for comics, characters, etc that I reference quite often (importing characters into scenes, reusing old scenes, etc). Is there a simple (or fairly simple) way to make all of those existing scenes reference the data in the NEW content library, so that I can remove the OLD content library from my primary drive?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• As long as the content used was correctly place in content directories that DS knew about then the scene files will have used relative paths (where the files were within the content directory, not their absoluiter location on the disc) and will still work with the content in its new location.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

If they are scene files that were saved in a Studio 4 version, then you shouldn't have to do anything...they will have relative paths and should load with the main content library's new location...once the old one is eliminated from the Studio Content Directory Manager.