The next gentleman?

HeraHera Posts: 1,952

I had hoped that this week would see the arrival of a new male character. Either on Tuesday or today. A Lars to buddy with Lilith (Or a Sandro for Sunny) and with some great outfits, hairdos et cetera. But no one in sight unfortunately.

Maybe next week will introduce the next gentleman…

Comments

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited October 2016

On my side there was hope for Lucian today.... perhaps next week :(

Post edited by JUJU on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I hope soon. There has been a huge amount of female content in the sale and in the store lately. I am hoping for some variety. I suspect they will hold out on Lucian till November.

• ButchButch Posts: 797

Here's hoping, if one is released, that he has normal, unshaped eyebrows.  

I too prefer just normal straight across non-diabolical non-plucked brows.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

LMAO, I like when you complain about diabolical eyebrows. I want to see some Burt of Burt & Earnie eyebrows although I guess Ivan qualifies.

LMAO, I like when you complain about diabolical eyebrows. I want to see some Burt of Burt & Earnie eyebrows although I guess Ivan qualifies

lol maybe fwsa cole? He has that style brows.

LMAO, I like when you complain about diabolical eyebrows. I want to see some Burt of Burt & Earnie eyebrows although I guess Ivan qualifies

lol maybe fwsa cole? He has that style brows.

Wow, you're right. Those are good brows. Mine are so bad whith all these different length hairs that I look like an old northern fisherman and even the barbers offer to trim them back.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

And it's Tuesday and he isssssssssssssssssssss................. not there .....

[drumroll cancelled]

Lilith was coming out on a Thursday....so I am hoping for the day after tomorrow.....*sigh*

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684

Haven't been much on the forums lately, but rumours about new male characters makes me giddy :D
    As I mentioned in the PC thread, it seems that DAZ releases a new male figure most of the time during the PC month (mostly as part of a PC month reward).

Time to join you all :D *pitches tent*

I doubt we'll see him until November. I'd love to be wrong but I think we won't see him until next month.

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited October 2016

Daz remembers what males are?

Kidding aside, we won't see anything until the end of November I feel... either that or next year when they release Genesis 4.

Post edited by Mardook on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

When the heck are they going to release African characters?  They waited 'till almost the end of the Genesis 2 run last time.  We barely got to enjoy them before Genesis 3 came along. 

Come on, Daz!  We want Darias and Monique 7!

edited October 2016

I suspect they will be released towards the end of the year/beginning of next year. Darius was released in February. And just because Gen 4 will be out next year, they will likely still be releasing Gen 3 males for a while. They tend to do that with the release of the next gen females.

EDIT: I am only aware of Darius and Lucian to be released though. Haven't read anything about other male figures.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

I'm not counting on G4 showing up before Studio 5 does. But that could be next year.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

You mean soon we will have to do this all over again?  Aaaahhh!  Run away screaming!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    JOdel said:

I'm not counting on G4 showing up before Studio 5 does. But that could be next year.

I don't see any reason for a connection.  Other than updating to the next version of Qt, there doesn't seem to be any need to go to DS 5 to incorporate any new features.

edited October 2016

Well if G4 is coming out next year I will be interested to see the technical improvements. I hope they are substantial and if they are substantial like they need to be then DS5 seems to be part of the needed upgrade to support those substantial improvements. Not talking better topology or more polygons or less polygons that are distributed with more efficient topological considerations...but of substantial technical improvements.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

So, we had Lilith the witch, Lavinia the vampire, Lucille the zombie and next will be... Lucian the werewolf, perhaps? Not quite sure how that will work. A really elaborate set of morphs? Multiple skins?

We need someone for Sunny too, the one I waited in wain for last w of September.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,720

I want a Darius 7!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Estroyer said:

Haven't been much on the forums lately, but rumours about new male characters makes me giddy :D
    As I mentioned in the PC thread, it seems that DAZ releases a new male figure most of the time during the PC month (mostly as part of a PC month reward).

Time to join you all :D *pitches tent*

Rumours suggest to me there is some unspoken knowledge; rumours of release dates are guesses. :)

And as many of us are having a go, it stands to reason at least one of 'em will be correct.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Mostly based on supported morphs in recently released products. One of the recent hairs, mostly.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited October 2016
    JOdel said:

Mostly based on supported morphs in recently released products. One of the recent hairs, mostly.

Oooh, going to look into it straight away! EDIT Found it :D Now, let's see how long this campingtrip will take...
    Post edited by Sylvan on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    JOdel said:

Indeed, but it took months for Sunny to appear after showing in morphs, others took only two or three weeks; so we know coming, we have no idea when.

Other's thought Lucien 7 this month; I pointed out that the data we had was insufficient to draw conclusions. I then began to wonder if would appear, and so far he's a no show: so we're all just as clueless as ever.

... It is fun though, as long as new folks don't get disappointed after reading our guesses as speculation - or even fact.

JUJU said:

Lilith was coming out on a Thursday....so I am hoping for the day after tomorrow.....*sigh*

For a brief second I though Arnaldo was him. But no bundles or other male goodies.

May be Lucian will be the highlight of PC-Sale and this highlight is at the end of the sale.....but I wonder why they release a Halloween-themed charakter (vampire?, werwolf?) after Halloween??? Not very logical for me.

After month of fix release schedule....this waiting for next charakter is very confusing ....

Hera said:
    JUJU said:

For a brief second I though Arnaldo was him. But no bundles or other male goodies.

Could be the outfit he wears (with vest and tie) is part of Lucians bundle..... but now I have no clue at all, when we will see him.... this let me feel a little bit sad, confused and disappointed.... It is a long time without a new guy....

JUJU said:
    Hera said:
    JUJU said:

Could be the outfit he wears (with vest and tie) is part of Lucians bundle.....

+ that it was that 'I'm in a boy band'-look that hinted at something new for me. A partner to Sunny with a bit of a musical/artistry touch.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Seriously, I don't get it. Sunny was understandable, as Thorne doesn't usually make male charterers outside of the Teens/Tweens. Plus, Sunny was released a week later than the usual first week of the month. However, Lilith was released during the first month, granted a day later than the conventional Tuesday, suggesting that a male would come along this time two weeks from then. I honestly thought it was going to be Lucian because Lucian is in fact a male counterpart to the name Lilith.

So much leading-on! I feel like I'm on OKCupid again! X_x